Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 64 Paintsville 48 (57th District)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Paintsville.

Score was tied 27-27 @ the half, but JC pulled away in the 3rd and never looked back.

JC advances to play Magoffin County on Thursday night @ Paintsville for the 57th District championship.

It wouldn't be right not to acknowledge Paintsville's senior class. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Coach Rice always has his team ready come tourney time. 15th region has beat up on each other all year.
:Cheerlead
Paintsville seemed to stick to their game plan no matter what. Williams and Keaton were to shoot the ball at all costs...

Congrats JC
https://khsaa.org/handbook/competitionru...nrules.pdf
Page 3 of 8.

B) Sites for Play
1) District tournament sites shall be selected by a site selection
plan approved by a unanimous vote of the schools eligible to
compete in each district tournament. If a district is unable to
resolve conflict over the plan, the Commissioner shall establish
a plan.
2) Only schools which are members of the Association prior to
January 1 of the year in which the tournament is held, and
having a schedule of twelve (12) or more basketball games
shall be allowed to vote for the district tournament location or
participate in the tournament.
3) Criteria to be considered by the schools for the district
tournament include but are not limited to:

[COLOR="Red"][B]a) Satisfactory capacity within the facility to safely accommodate
past (five years) and expected attendance numbers;
[/COLOR]
b) Enough dressing rooms if double headers are to be played;
c) An officials dressing room;
d) Adequate parking for projected attendance; and
e) meet the published site selection criteria for basketball as
posted on the KHSAA website.[/B]

- Satisfactory capacity within the facility to safely accommodate past (five years) and expected attendance numbers;
2018 - Johnson Central
2017 - Magoffin County
2016 - Paintsville
2015 - Johnson Central
2014 - Johnson Central

According to the KHSAA school directory, here are the listed capacity for each school.......
Paintsville - 2,000
Magoffin County - 2,000
Johnson Central - 3,500
Martin County - TBA

There is NO WAY Magoffin County's gym & Paintsville's gym hold the same amount of people. It would take the state engineer's office to convince me otherwise. Meaning, four of the past five 57th district tournaments have been held in gyms that have a way bigger attendance number than can be held in Paintsville's gym. The attendance will be good for this district tournament, but not even close to the numbers we've seen the past four of five years. I don't know the overall attendance numbers for the past five district tournaments, but the average attendance has to be higher than Paintsville's gym can Safely Accommodate.
Creeker Wrote:Paintsville seemed to stick to their game plan no matter what. Williams and Keaton were to shoot the ball at all costs...

Congrats JC

3,981 Points between those two for their careers. Prolly not a bad game plan. Third quarter killed the Lady Tigers last night. Had Great looks, shots didn't fall for any of the girls. JC was just the better team last night and deserved the win.

Everyone doubted The Lady Tigers when the season started. NOT, one person thought this team was gonna be as good as they were. They knew this to start the year and they were on a mission to prove a lot of people wrong.
A Smokey Mountain 3 Peat....Another 15th Region Class A Championship and a 20 WIN season....I think they did just that.
^ yep, and I can see how you rack up that many points with that style of play. The other kids acted like the ball was a hot potato, even on wide open looks.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:https://khsaa.org/handbook/competitionru...nrules.pdf
Page 3 of 8.

B) Sites for Play
1) District tournament sites shall be selected by a site selection
plan approved by a unanimous vote of the schools eligible to
compete in each district tournament. If a district is unable to
resolve conflict over the plan, the Commissioner shall establish
a plan.
2) Only schools which are members of the Association prior to
January 1 of the year in which the tournament is held, and
having a schedule of twelve (12) or more basketball games
shall be allowed to vote for the district tournament location or
participate in the tournament.
3) Criteria to be considered by the schools for the district
tournament include but are not limited to:

[B]a) Satisfactory capacity within the facility to safely accommodate
past (five years) and expected attendance numbers;

b) Enough dressing rooms if double headers are to be played;
c) An officials dressing room;
d) Adequate parking for projected attendance; and
e) meet the published site selection criteria for basketball as
posted on the KHSAA website.[/B]

- Satisfactory capacity within the facility to safely accommodate past (five years) and expected attendance numbers;
2018 - Johnson Central
2017 - Magoffin County
2016 - Paintsville
2015 - Johnson Central
2014 - Johnson Central

According to the KHSAA school directory, here are the listed capacity for each school.......
Paintsville - 2,000
Magoffin County - 2,000
Johnson Central - 3,500
Martin County - TBA

There is NO WAY Magoffin County's gym & Paintsville's gym hold the same amount of people. It would take the state engineer's office to convince me otherwise. Meaning, four of the past five 57th district tournaments have been held in gyms that have a way bigger attendance number than can be held in Paintsville's gym. The attendance will be good for this district tournament, but not even close to the numbers we've seen the past four of five years. I don't know the overall attendance numbers for the past five district tournaments, but the average has to be way higher than the capacity Paintsville's gym is listed for.

Stay home and listen on the radio.
That place was rocking last night. The Trainer for the Tourny isn't from the area and she said that was the one of the most awesome things she has experienced. The start of the first game last night....The gym wasn't 3/4 way full and most of those were JC/Paintsville fans. Come on man you're better than this.
Paintsville's gym is fine IMO, just need a little better planning perhaps. Last nights mess could have been remedied if there was an hour downtime between the games to allow folks to exit/enter safely. I know I stood in the hall for a good 30+ minutes to enter the gym and if there was an emergency, it would have made for some bad times for sure.
Creeker Wrote:^ yep, and I can see how you rack up that many points with that style of play. The other kids acted like the ball was a hot potato, even on wide open looks.

Trust me...They hear about it. They just don't look at the basket. That ain't by design. Actually through 3 quarters last night. Williams only had 7 FG attempts. Newsomes had 9 (5&4) and Blair 3. Do I think that might be of....Maybe by a small margin. Because easy to get the two mixed up. But, that was through 3, which 3rd killed us. Plus when Blair is in foul trouble and don't get her looks. it hurts them. But, what do I know. I have only watched EVERY game this season.
Creeker Wrote:Paintsville's gym is fine IMO, just need a little better planning perhaps. Last nights mess could have been remedied if there was an hour downtime between the games to allow folks to exit/enter safely. I know I stood in the hall for a good 30+ minutes to enter the gym and if there was an emergency, it would have made for some bad times for sure.

Something else. We were reminded at the start of the 4th qtr. That the second game would not start until 8:15 no matter what. No mind you.....this was almost and hour away. With all of the foul shots and of course OT. Need I say more?
OffTheHook Wrote:Stay home and listen on the radio.
That place was rocking last night. The Trainer for the Tourny isn't from the area and she said that was the one of the most awesome things she has experienced. The start of the first game last night....The gym wasn't 3/4 way full and most of those were JC/Paintsville fans. Come on man you're better than this.

Bro.... Got there before the 4th. qtr. started, then had to wait outside cause Magoffin & SC went to OT. Ended up having to sit right beside the JC band and lost about 10 lbs. in sweat.

I'll be there Wednesday and hopefully Friday. I'm just saying some campuses are better suited for tournaments like this. Having four different teams playing on the same night is not the most patron-friendly environment at Paintsville.

I'm not saying you guys don't have a great gym to watch a game in (the remodel looks great by the way), I'm just saying that cramped seating & limited parking aren't the best accommodations for a fan-driven event.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Bro.... Got there before the 4th. qtr. started, then had to wait outside cause Magoffin & SC went to OT. Ended up having to sit right beside the JC band and lost about 10 lbs. in sweat.

I'll be there Wednesday and hopefully Friday. I'm just saying some campuses are better suited for tournaments like this. Having four different teams playing on the same night is not the most patron-friendly environment at Paintsville.

I'm not saying you guys don't have a great gym to watch a game in (the remodel looks great by the way), I'm just saying that cramped seating & limited parking aren't the best accommodations for a fan-driven event.

Only gotta deal with it every 4 years.
OffTheHook Wrote:Trust me...They hear about it. They just don't look at the basket. That ain't by design. Actually through 3 quarters last night. Williams only had 7 FG attempts. Newsomes had 9 (5&4) and Blair 3. Do I think that might be of....Maybe by a small margin. Because easy to get the two mixed up. But, that was through 3, which 3rd killed us. Plus when Blair is in foul trouble and don't get her looks. it hurts them. But, what do I know. I have only watched EVERY game this season.
Good to know that isn't by design, not sure why you wouldn't look to score on wide open lanes to the basket.
OffTheHook Wrote:Something else. We were reminded at the start of the 4th qtr. That the second game would not start until 8:15 no matter what. No mind you.....this was almost and hour away. With all of the foul shots and of course OT. Need I say more?

Yep, OT certainly didn't help things... that's for sure.
Coach Trimble took care of you pulp when he was @ JC coaching and let you be his water boy and made sure you had an awesome seat as long as you kept the team in water. Seems like since he left JC you lost your front row seat. Maybe u should talk to McKenzie or Rice and see if they will let u be water boy again!!!
Budsqueezer Wrote:Coach Trimble took care of you pulp when he was @ JC coaching and let you be his water boy and made sure you had an awesome seat as long as you kept the team in water. Seems like since he left JC you lost your front row seat. Maybe u should talk to McKenzie or Rice and see if they will let u be water boy again!!!

You're leaving a major part out....... I was not a water boy. I was an assistant to Joe Taylor, who was JC's long-time athletic trainer. The yearbooks & team programs back this up as well.
It's good to know that you incorrectly remembered something so insignificant about me from sixteen years ago.
How could anyone ever forget you Pulp!!!