Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 11th Region 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any thoughts?
Tates Creek has something like 6 Division 1 players on their current roster. Going by talent alone they should be the favorite. Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Lafayette, and Madison Central will all have a shot at it.
Agree that Tates Creek is the favorite. They have 3 Division 1 players on their roster not 6. They do have 3 others who have committed to jucos. Scott County and MC will give them all they want. I think those 3 teams are clearly the top 3. Lexington Catholic and Lafayette don't have the pitching depth to win the region in my opinion.
LineDrive11 Wrote:Agree that Tates Creek is the favorite. They have 3 Division 1 players on their roster not 6. They do have 3 others who have committed to jucos. Scott County and MC will give them all they want. I think those 3 teams are clearly the top 3. Lexington Catholic and Lafayette don't have the pitching depth to win the region in my opinion.

I guess I exaggerated a little on that D1 number. lol! It’s still pretty impressive. They had the most talent last year as well. In the 11th Region tournament it almost always comes down to the draw. Whomever can draw the loser from the 41st district and the 44th district will automatically have an advantage.

Let’s be real though, it what universe does it make sense that we have 5 top 25 teams in the same district (43rd) and only two make it to the regional tournament. lol! Flawed System

I love that we have the sectional tournament again but only doing a one game “win or go home” does NOT ensure the best team goes to Whitaker Bank Ballpark. Even though KY is way behind the times with not having a class system they still did the sectional part right. Use to it was best of 3 series and they made sure you didn’t have any “one game flukes” making it to the state tournament.

I think I heard the other day that Kentucky is now the only state in the country that doesn’t have a class system for baseball. There use to be two and I think KY now stands alone on that.