Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern Kentucky Hires Danny Hope As Assistant Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is huge news for a couple reasons. First, I don't think EKU 's line has been playing on the level they should have been, could have been or needed to have been the last few years. Another reason this is huge is Danny Hope is a Colonel through and through. He will be a great hire for the program on and off the field. I'm really excited about this move.

RICHMOND, Ky. – Former Eastern Kentucky University head football coach Danny Hope has returned to his alma mater as the program's offensive line coach, current EKU Head Coach Mark Elder announced today.

"We're very excited to have coach Hope return to EKU as our offensive line coach," said Elder. "He brings an extraordinary amount of experience – both as a leader of men and as an offensive line coach. He will help our players continue to develop themselves as men, grow in their technique and will bring an edge of toughness to our offensive line. His experience will certainly help us on offense from the standpoint of putting together a game plan and leading a group on that side of the ball. His experience will be instrumental in helping us be successful."

In five seasons as the Colonels' head coach (2003-07), Hope posted a 35-22 overall record and a 32-8 mark against Ohio Valley Conference teams. In his final season, Eastern went 9-3 overall and 8-0 in the OVC on its way to the program's 19th conference title. The 2007 Colonels clinched the program's first Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) playoff appearance in 10 years, helping Hope earn OVC Coach of the Year and AFCA Regional Coach of the Year accolades.

"It's great to be back. We wanted to be here," Hope said. "The last four or five years Sally and I have not had much football in our lives. We have had time to get many things in our life in order that you normally don't have a chance to do at our age. I came to a point where I said, 'what do I want to do now.' I'm not really ready to retire. I've been following the program, been supportive of coach Elder and my Colonels. I saw the opportunity that they needed a line coach. That's something I love to do and something that I'm good at."

https://ekusports.com/news/2019/2/13/foo...coach.aspx