Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1)Tennessee @ (5)Kentucky 2/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tennessee with their #1 ranking comes to Rupp to take on the Cats. Was Kentucky looking ahead to this game when OSU beat them? Did the LSU game guns them a wake up call? How do you all see this game play out?
LSU is just a good team with some real athletic big men and quick guards, no excuse there, they just beat UK. However, I think that loss will light a fire under this team. PJ Washington/Reid Travis vs Grant Williams/Admiral Schofield will be the marquee match ups in the paint. Also can't let Jordan Bone shoot lights out from the 3 line or it will be a long night in Rupp.
Kentucky is gonna smoke The Vols and let the air out of them so they can float back down to earth Smile
Wildcats beat Rotten Flop 77-73.
Tennessee is going down! I expect to see a 20/20 night from PJ Washington
Ashton hagans is gonna have to dog the ball up front and come away with some steals
I hope IK wins and its in Rupp but honestly I will be surprised, TN is the real thing this year
Nothing would surprise me with this game.
Tennessee 74 Kentucky 68, Tennessee with to much senior leadership and experience.
Kentucky very impressive tonight so far, taking the tough play to Tennessee.
Cats gotta learn to play 40 minutes. Refs calling every touch foul the 2nd half after letting them duke it out the 1st hasn’t helped us so far either.
Rotten Flop went down.
The 2-3 defense killed our momentum and things got a little shaky. But man. That was one of the most dominating performances that I can remember as of late since the 41-7 halftime UCLA game with the platoon team.
That was a heckuva W!!! Confusedinglepar
Coach CAL stopping the crowd from chanting "overrated" is ridiculous. He's not the "Supreme Ruler of Kentucky Basketball." He's a coach. His place is coaching the team not listening to the crowd and deciding what they should/shouldn't be doing.

He's such a type-A it's annoying. 🙄
FoSho Wrote:Coach CAL stopping the crowd from chanting "overrated" is ridiculous. He's not the "Supreme Ruler of Kentucky Basketball." He's a coach. His place is coaching the team not listening to the crowd and deciding what they should/shouldn't be doing.

That’s no classy and very stupid. I rarely agree with Jay Bilas. But think about what he said. You are chanting overrated to a team that you are laying a smack down and then that discredits what what your team is doing saying they’re out as good as what they are suppose to be.
The best UK has played thus year, way to go big Blue
Spud6 Wrote:That’s no classy and very stupid. I rarely agree with Jay Bilas. But think about what he said. You are chanting overrated to a team that you are laying a smack down and then that discredits what what your team is doing saying they’re out as good as what they are suppose to be.

It's all to razz the visiting team. It's not a philosophical synopsis of the games outcome. It's all in good fun and Cal didn't want them to stop for any reason other than his friend Rick Barnes. Cal is wearing thin on me and I'm looking forward to the day when he either starts getting superstar players again or just leaves the program.

Sue me.
FoSho Wrote:Coach CAL stopping the crowd from chanting "overrated" is ridiculous. He's not the "Supreme Ruler of Kentucky Basketball." He's a coach. His place is coaching the team not listening to the crowd and deciding what they should/shouldn't be doing.

He needs to coach basketball, that is what is he payed to do and mind his own business per the fans. He knows this is what fans do, nothing personal about it. Fans are just enjoying the moment which is what they are there for. Guy is a real piece of work. He thus far as only won 1 title.
I don't think Tennessee is overrated, I just think UK curb stomped them on Saturday night.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I don't think Tennessee is overrated, I just think UK curb stomped them on Saturday night.

Agreed.

I also think the students have the right to chant whatever they want to.
I think you guys are looking way too into this.
Spud6 Wrote:I think you guys are looking way too into this.

It’s the hate CAL crew. But since we just embarrassed the #1 team in the land and are in the top 5 again they don’t have much to complain about .

it was very classy unlike you.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It’s the hate CAL crew. But since we just embarrassed the #1 team in the land and are in the top 5 again they don’t have much to complain about .

We told them how good The Cats are and they couldn't hear us :biggrin:
How many of you will I see in Nashville?
pjdoug Wrote:How many of you will I see in Nashville?

I'll be there but I don't go to gay bars so you won't be seeing me dougie. Happy hunting tho!

😜
pjdoug Wrote:it was very classy unlike you.

It was unnecessary and annoying.
I’m not a member of the Hate Cal club. But I think he overstepped in this instance. If I was a student, my response would be “Sure, you can tell me what I can yell. As soon as you start paying my tuition.”
Van Hagar Wrote:I’m not a member of the Hate Cal club. But I think he overstepped in this instance. If I was a student, my response would be “Sure, you can tell me what I can yell. As soon as you start paying my tuition.”

Ditto.
Pages: 1 2