Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: University Heights 67 - Hopkinsville 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UHA wraps up it's first undefeated run through the district since 2009. They avoid the dreaded 2/3 matchup. A game that we have seemingly been stuck in forever. (we have).

This was a game where UHA was never really threatened but couldn't ever get full separation. UHA led by double figures a couple of times only to have Hopkinsville make a run to get back in it. This might have been Hopkinsville's best performance of the season. They shot the ball very well making 9 3 pointers, something that they aren't known to do. I have to think that is their best performance of the year.

UHA won this game on the glass. hopkinsville has the biggest front line in the state but UHA was very good on the boards. William Bryan actually got the first 3 rebounds of the entire game. (smallest guy on the court and a guard for UHA).

Tandy was his usual self attacking the rim all night... His ability to finish in traffic and in the "tall trees" will translate very well to the next level.

I suspect University heights will see Hopkinsville again in the district finals though Kerry Stoval might be able to work some magic and upset the Tigers in the district semi-finals.

Here's my "hot-take". If Hopkinsville gets paired with Madisonville in the region I think they will be the Maroons...