Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2007 State Track Meet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which individual athletes from Eastern Kentucky have the best chances of becoming state champion and in which event?
Taylor Hott Betsy Layne -2 mile
Candice Ward - Pikeville - Discus - 4 Years Straight
Candice Ward
There is a lot of good runners from Eastern Kentucky, I would have to go with Tyler Newsome great runner.
Spartan4Life Wrote:There is a lot of good runners from Eastern Kentucky, I would have to go with Tyler Newsome great runner.

He did not make state in 07. Now looking at 08 he has a shot at state. But a long way to go before you can consider him winning it. The other names to look at are Chase Ratliff, Jordan Watkins and Scott Lee. These names are all 800m runners from E. Ky. Coming out of region 8 class aa. I think Watkins and Newsome, both juniors,are locks for the 800 to go to state. I can see them both running around a 2:05. Back in Class A Chase Ratliff should go in 08. And Bell counties scott lee should go out of class aa region 6. All these runners have to work hard during practice and it should pay off come regional and state time.
John Cybriwsky-Paintsville-5K
Pupaw Wrote:John Cybriwsky-Paintsville-5K

Yes, he is very good. He also runs the 800 m in track I believe. He is in 1a though and a favorite there.
I would like to see someone from EKY win. Good Luck all Runners!!!
What about the runners from 3A? Do you think anyone will do well at state in that class?
RUN4FUN Wrote:What about the runners from 3A? Do you think anyone will do well at state in that class?
Well, I am sure someone will do well enough to win 3A. Or did you just mean from the mountains? J/K!
lol I ment from the 3A schools around here...such as Pulaski, Pulaski SW, Johnson Central, etc.
RUN4FUN Wrote:lol I ment from the 3A schools around here...such as Pulaski, Pulaski SW, Johnson Central, etc.

Johnson Central will be in 2a in track in 2008. You would think they would have a much bigger team...Is other sports not letting the runners run? I know that happens alot at many schools.
Therunner Wrote:Johnson Central will be in 2a in track in 2008. You would think they would have a much bigger team...Is other sports not letting the runners run? I know that happens alot at many schools.

How big a team do you want them to have? This past season they had like 40 kids on both boys and girls, compared to Paintsville's 14-15 of boys and girls.
JCHS had one kid, Bratton, a Jr. that only came out because his basketball coach said so. Anyway, with proper coaching, this kid could sign a serious scolley in XC!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:How big a team do you want them to have? This past season they had like 40 kids on both boys and girls, compared to Paintsville's 14-15 of boys and girls.
JCHS had one kid, Bratton, a Jr. that only came out because his basketball coach said so. Anyway, with proper coaching, this kid could sign a serious scolley in XC!

I heard they only had around 20. Paintsville has a bigger team than that. JC is filled with talent from many sports, football and basketball, you would think these athletes would run track to improve performance in the other sports. His basketball coach is not alowed to tell him to quit. Thats illegal. Students have a right to play whatever sport they wish without any type of discrimination. Here at KCC we have had close to 25-30 runners say they are commited this year to track. Big difference from the 6 we finished with last year.
Therunner Wrote:I heard they only had around 20. Paintsville has a bigger team than that. JC is filled with talent from many sports, football and basketball, you would think these athletes would run track to improve performance in the other sports. His basketball coach is not alowed to tell him to quit. Thats illegal. Students have a right to play whatever sport they wish without any type of discrimination. Here at KCC we have had close to 25-30 runners say they are commited this year to track. Big difference from the 6 we finished with last year.
JC had around 35 kids combined on both boys and girls. Paintsville had 15.
The Bratton Kid wasn't made to quit....he was told to come out by his basketball coach.
The Guru Wrote:JC had around 35 kids combined on both boys and girls. Paintsville had 15.
The Bratton Kid wasn't made to quit....he was told to come out by his basketball coach.

Oh ok I still think paintsville had more it looked like around 20-25.
Paintsville is very small but they always have very competitive athletes.
Trackstar. Wrote:Paintsville is very small but they always have very competitive athletes.

very ture the preston kid fro there is pretty fast
yes he is, he runs a solid 100 dash.
i ran agaist him last year at one of the pikeville meets
he ended up beating Honaker at regionals, which is quiet an accomplishment...shew, i wish the season would go ahead and stars so i could figure out where i stand in the region.
honaker is a good athlete but he usually comes in 4 or 5 at the pikeville meets
Trackstar. Wrote:he ended up beating Honaker at regionals, which is quiet an accomplishment...shew, i wish the season would go ahead and stars so i could figure out where i stand in the region.

waht events do you run
110 hurdles
300 hurdles
triple jump
long jump

..how about you??
4x100
3x200
very nice sir...what are your best times?
100 10.9
200 23.5
400 54
4x1 45
i really dont remembe our best 4x200 time
dude, a 54 second 400 is quiet impressive, if i do say so myself.
i really dont run it that often.
just run it at the first couple of meets to get my self in better shape for the 100 and 200