Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 15th Region Favorite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe the Tigers are the top team in the 15th region. I know they lost Moore, and Smurf, but the 3 transfers when they become eligible will cement this team as the top team. They still have a solid team with Williams leading them, but I believe these three transfers helps the Tigers Repeat. The Eagles lost Kelly, Meade, Gamble, and May. That is a lot of talent to replace. Lawrence lost their Stud shortstop Peyton Cyrus 15th Region POY, also Parks and the older Fairchild who were Studs too. But LC has plenty of pitching returning but can they score enough runs? These top 3 teams are going to be fun to watch this year.
Will the 3 new ones run any of the others off. Since they will be losing starting positions?
High school sports is about competition. A coach plays his best 9. No one wants to run anyone off, competition is a very important part of life. I remember in T ball everyone gets trophies, but this is high school level, time to go work.
Nygfan106wins Wrote:Will the 3 new ones run any of the others off. Since they will be losing starting positions?

Really they are not really new, just coming back..They had already been there for many years and would have been in the mix to begin with.
I agree with the competition statement, but in life the loser of the competition for a position usually moves on to find an open spot. High School is no different when playing time is cut the player on bench often moves on to find place he/she can play. So it would not surprise me to see a player or two leave. However, winning can tend to soothe and calm things, and Paintsville should be primed to win
Tigersfan Wrote:I believe the Tigers are the top team in the 15th region. I know they lost Moore, and Smurf, but the 3 transfers when they become eligible will cement this team as the top team. They still have a solid team with Williams leading them, but I believe these three transfers helps the Tigers Repeat. The Eagles lost Kelly, Meade, Gamble, and May. That is a lot of talent to replace. Lawrence lost their Stud shortstop Peyton Cyrus 15th Region POY, also Parks and the older Fairchild who were Studs too. But LC has plenty of pitching returning but can they score enough runs? These top 3 teams are going to be fun to watch this year.

I know Paintsville is the defending champions and they have a lot back and a lot transferred in, but I would not be comfortable if I were them at that top spot. Lawrence County has a few pitchers that can shut down anyone in the region, and one of them happens to be a Blevins I think. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Paintsville repeat, but it also wouldn’t surprise me to see Lawrence County run the table in the 15th region and then go win the sectional too.
baseball1974 Wrote:I know Paintsville is the defending champions and they have a lot back and a lot transferred in, but I would not be comfortable if I were them at that top spot. Lawrence County has a few pitchers that can shut down anyone in the region, and one of them happens to be a Blevins I think. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Paintsville repeat, but it also wouldn’t surprise me to see Lawrence County run the table in the 15th region and then go win the sectional too.

That's certainly what you call having a pedigree.
I believe the Blevins kid is also the one that Painsville beat last year in the region
philbilly2009 Wrote:I believe the Blevins kid is also the one that Painsville beat last year in the region

Key word in that sentence is “last year.”
No Paintsville is not the Favior in the 15 at this time. Like the last 10 years the 15th will run threw JC The favior team in baseball is who has the best pitching. That will be JC if Ferral is 100% (which is a big question). Second I would put Paintsville and LC. Paintsville if the get Brax, Gunner and Barren elegable they will have the best lineup in the Region LC will be very well coach and have solid lineup and solid pitching. Last Pikeville is the dark horse with coach Simpson
Eagle84 Wrote:No Paintsville is not the Favior in the 15 at this time. Like the last 10 years the 15th will run threw JC The favior team in baseball is who has the best pitching. That will be JC if Ferral is 100% (which is a big question). Second I would put Paintsville and LC. Paintsville if the get Brax, Gunner and Barren elegable they will have the best lineup in the Region LC will be very well coach and have solid lineup and solid pitching. Last Pikeville is the dark horse with coach Simpson
I disagree with what you are saying. JC doesnt have the best pitching staff in the 15th region. They have the best “pitcher” but not the best staff. As a knowledgeable baseball guy, and it’s obvious that you are, you have to know that when it comes tournament time, you can only ride one pitcher so far. It takes more than one arm to win a playoff series. I am in no way saying that JC doesn’t have anything other than Farrell but after him they are just average pitchers. I’m not from LC and it pains me to even say it but I would have to say that I believe they have the best staff of pitchers in this region. And as far as the lineup goes I think we would have to look at Paintsville as having the best lineup top to bottom in the region. All four of the boys that is returning from Ashland have already been ruled eligible as of last Friday. So we can go ahead and put that saga to rest. It’s almost time to play ball and we will find out come May who can put it all together.
philbilly2009 Wrote:I disagree with what you are saying. JC doesnt have the best pitching staff in the 15th region. They have the best “pitcher” but not the best staff. As a knowledgeable baseball guy, and it’s obvious that you are, you have to know that when it comes tournament time, you can only ride one pitcher so far. It takes more than one arm to win a playoff series. I am in no way saying that JC doesn’t have anything other than Farrell but after him they are just average pitchers. I’m not from LC and it pains me to even say it but I would have to say that I believe they have the best staff of pitchers in this region. And as far as the lineup goes I think we would have to look at Paintsville as having the best lineup top to bottom in the region. All four of the boys that is returning from Ashland have already been ruled eligible as of last Friday. So we can go ahead and put that saga to rest. It’s almost time to play ball and we will find out come May who can put it all together.

If the other teams in the 15th region are going into this year thinking JC only has one pitcher they really don’t understand who’s on JC’s roster. They have 3 arms that are as good or better then anyone in the region. Then 2 more that are maybe just a step below.

JC’s defense will be as good as anyone’s with a lot of team speed. Their offense by district time will be as good as anyone’s as well. JC will be very very good this year.
I’m happy to hear that the boys returning from Ashland have been cleared to play this year, and it will ONLY make baseball in the 15th more interesting.

If Paintsville wins the District or Region this year, well congrats to them and if they don’t they won’t be able to use Braxton, Baron or Gunner as a excuse for not winning.

Thank God in a few days we will hear those blessed words “Play Ball”. Good Luck to all.
Superintendent David Gibson has been named assistant baseball coach. I sure wouldn't want to be Walt with Gibson looking over his shoulder making sure his son is in lineup everyday. This will not end well for the Tigers and Coach Crace. This has the making of becoming the soap opera of the spring in Tiger town. Good luck Coach Crace, you will definately need it!!!!! I wonder if Gibson's gonna help Chirico this fall!!!
I thought Ryan Gibson played 1st base last year for the Tigers? It could be helpful when Walt needs something for the team... Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Budsqueezer Wrote:Superintendent David Gibson has been named assistant baseball coach. I sure wouldn't want to be Walt with Gibson looking over his shoulder making sure his son is in lineup everyday. This will not end well for the Tigers and Coach Crace. This has the making of becoming the soap opera of the spring in Tiger town. Good luck Coach Crace, you will definately need it!!!!! I wonder if Gibson's gonna help Chirico this fall!!!
I don’t see why u would say that he will be looking over his shoulder making sure his son is in lineup everyday. Ryan Gibson is a really good player and was the everyday 1st baseman all last year and that will be no different this year. Walt is a very good coach and in 2 years has been region runner up, and then region winner and went to state and won a game there. Walt will be just fine!!! Seems to me your trying to stir the pot and start a soap opera when there is nothing there to begin with. Coach Crace AND the TIGERS are gonna be fine just like they have been. No trouble in the making!!! Paintsville had a scrimmage today against Russell and they looked pretty darn well if I must say so myself. The defense looks very solid and the offense sprayed the ball all over the ball park. The pitching looked very solid with about 4 live, strong arms. All can be done now is lace up the cleats and put on the helmet and play ball!!!
Eagle84 Wrote:No Paintsville is not the Favior in the 15 at this time. Like the last 10 years the 15th will run threw JC The favior team in baseball is who has the best pitching. That will be JC if Ferral is 100% (which is a big question). Second I would put Paintsville and LC. Paintsville if the get Brax, Gunner and Barren elegable they will have the best lineup in the Region LC will be very well coach and have solid lineup and solid pitching. Last Pikeville is the dark horse with coach Simpson

LOL Shane isn't Homer's boy or Bart's brother. Last name is actually Simpkins. LOL
Or his best 8, and the one that keeps him employed.
Paintsville is front runner. Simply because of their lineup. No one in 15th has pitching that is so dominant that they can expect to hold top teams to 2 or less runs. So I give edge to Paintsville, JC is very close and would not be a surprise to win it. I have not seen LC but I know their Coach have them ready to play. And of course the savior Homer Bart Simpkins will have Pikeville fundamentally sound not sure about their current talent level but in right circumstances coaching can win a close game.