Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 72 Powell Co. 55...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts out there in the internet?!
Yep bout right.
The Ole Man Wrote:Yep bout right.

I thought it would be a much closer game than this. It would seem that we have had some big upsets in girls basketball over the last few weeks. Now, I'm not taking anything from anyone in this folks...not a thing. However, I've continually been shocked in these recent games over the last few weeks. Letcher goes over the mountain and beats Harlan; Powell beats Wolfe Co. (All A winner) and then Hazard beats Powell handily; Knox Central beats Clay Co., etc. It would seem that we live in a topsy turvy world, where up is down and right is left.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...anyone can beat anybody on a given day.

As for Hazard's girls, it would seem when they are all working for a common goal (winning the game), they do very, very well. Coach Caudill's problem has been getting them working in the same direction. Caudill, Sturgill have always been solid players, and now with the coming of age of Libby Danner (Danner showing that she can be explosive at any time and possibly the hardest working player in the 14th) and Annie Harris (Harris a virtual rebounding machine, who has shown that she is learning to play the low post as good as anyone around) and lastly with the leadership of Beverly helping to guide them, the Lady Bulldogs are showing they can play with anyone.

A very exciting time in the 14th Region for sure!

Let tournament time come!

Jonesy