Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 49 Hazard 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Came down to free throws at the end.

Great game. Glad these two teams dodged each other in the first round of district.
Hazard was close to having this game was leading 47-43 with about 2 minutes to go got outplayed down the stretch were outscored 6-0 in the last couple of minutes. Tournament atmosphere great crowd. Perry better be wary of the Bulldogs it's hard to beat a team 3 times or more.
Noah proved tonight why he is the best player in the 14th region....Hazard don’t need to get to excited...let’s remember that Mr. Williams didn’t see the floor and you still got beat!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Noah proved tonight why he is the best player in the 14th region....Hazard don’t need to get to excited...let’s remember that Mr. Williams didn’t see the floor and you still got beat!

Noah may be the best three point shooter but def not the best player in the 14th region. He can not and will not drive to the goal. He can shoot threes yes but he’s a spot up shooter. That won’t make it nowhere in college unless it’s a small time school. Or else anything bigger and he will sit on the bench with no playing time. Perry will never beat Knott, both boys played during that game and y’all still got beat! Perry will probably win District Championship because it’s at perrys gym. I think every team knows this and their focus isn’t on the District but rather Region since it’s held at Powell without 14th region refs and a non biased gym.
IMO Pelfery was and the best on the floor for both teams. Even know they didn’t get the Win if your looking at just individual skills being the best player on the floor their no argument Pelfery wins that every single time.
4ever witness Wrote:IMO Pelfery was and the best on the floor for both teams. Even know they didn’t get the Win if your looking at just individual skills being the best player on the floor their no argument Pelfery wins that every single time.

then give the Turner a lot of credit he played great defense on pelfrey all night. He shut him down pretty much the whole night . Most of his points coming from the free throw line.Thanks wymt for having it game of the week so I could watch.
basketballx2 Wrote:Noah may be the best three point shooter but def not the best player in the 14th region. He can not and will not drive to the goal. He can shoot threes yes but he’s a spot up shooter. That won’t make it nowhere in college unless it’s a small time school. Or else anything bigger and he will sit on the bench with no playing time. Perry will never beat Knott, both boys played during that game and y’all still got beat! Perry will probably win District Championship because it’s at perrys gym. I think every team knows this and their focus isn’t on the District but rather Region since it’s held at Powell without 14th region refs and a non biased gym.

High sodium content.
I think you guys should go watch Noah Backs highlights on Hudl. Then come back read basketballx2 jealous azz post.
The_Rock Wrote:I think you guys should go watch Noah Backs highlights on Hudl. Then come back read basketballx2 jealous azz post.
Where do you get jealous? I said he’s probably the best 3 point... shooter in the 14th region. I do NOT feel he is the best player in the 14th region though. He’s a decent ball player. I give him that. But I think he will be another Cameron and not a Justin Johnson. But that’s my opinion, everyone has their own. Either way, I love Mountain basketball.
Does anyone know Perry and Hazard's overall head to head record? It seems it has been a while since Hazard has won and their record against Perry has not been very good.
The_Rock Wrote:I think you guys should go watch Noah Backs highlights on Hudl. Then come back read basketballx2 jealous azz post.

I’m sure they are good. I wouldn’t imagine him posting any of his flaws on highlights on Hudl. That would make zero sense. Highlights is showing the best of someone’s performance. I’m not doubting he has some good highlights. But I rather watch players in game situations for the entire game to see every aspect of how they play. Not just highlights of their best performance. But JMO.
I have been watching Noah play basketball since he was a little boy. Believe me, the kid has a a million more highlights than he does mistakes. Hes been the most dangerous shooter in the region for a long time. If he wasnt getting chased night in and night out I bet he would average near 40 ppg. You cant give the kid an inch. He does his job and does it very very well. His job is to score and hit open shots. His role on the team isnt to be the defensive stopper or garbage man inside. Everyone has a role. Hes the best shooter I have ever seen. I do think he plays pretty good defense to. He keeps his man in front of him and doesnt do stupid stuff to get out of position. He rebounds and makes good decisons with the basketball. Ive said it all his life. He is a Winner, plain and simple. Cant believe he is graduating this season. Sure am gonna miss watching you play Noah and so will a lot of others around here as well. Some college is gonna be picking up one hell of a player next year.
The_Rock Wrote:I have been watching Noah play basketball since he was a little boy. Believe me, the kid has a a million more highlights than he does mistakes. Hes been the most dangerous shooter in the region for a long time. If he wasnt getting chased night in and night out I bet he would average near 40 ppg. You cant give the kid an inch. He does his job and does it very very well. His job is to score and hit open shots. His role on the team isnt to be the defensive stopper or garbage man inside. Everyone has a role. Hes the best shooter I have ever seen. I do think he plays pretty good defense to. He keeps his man in front of him and doesnt do stupid stuff to get out of position. He rebounds and makes good decisons with the basketball. Ive said it all his life. He is a Winner, plain and simple. Cant believe he is graduating this season. Sure am gonna miss watching you play Noah and so will a lot of others around here as well. Some college is gonna be picking up one hell of a player next year.
I think Noah is a really good shooter but if he’s the best shooter that you have ever seen then you’ve not seen much basketball. Hazard would have probably won this game if not for the terrible call when Caudill from perry grabbed and held Bennett from hazard and then Caudill threw Bennett to the floor and the ref called a foul on Bennett and nothing on Caudill. Should have been a foul on Caudill and a technical foul on Caudill.
Appartly you havent either hitter.
I think Rock is simply saying if you think Noah is "just a shooter" you're probably just a hater.
As to Noah's three-point shooting.
By my unofficial count (that I'm pretty confident in), his last two 3s against Hazard ranks him as the number TWO on the list of all-time three point FGs made in Kentucky High School basketball with 409.

Still a bit away from the record and they've already had teams cancel two of the few games they have left. It'll take a deep run and a heck of an effort for him, but he's still got a shot.
basketballx2 Wrote:Where do you get jealous? I said he’s probably the best 3 point... shooter in the 14th region. I do NOT feel he is the best player in the 14th region though. He’s a decent ball player. I give him that. But I think he will be another Cameron and not a Justin Johnson. But that’s my opinion, everyone has their own. Either way, I love Mountain basketball.
So averaging 19.9 at a Division 1 school is what you expect from Back. Thanks for the compliment.
zaga_fan Wrote:As to Noah's three-point shooting.
By my unofficial count (that I'm pretty confident in), his last two 3s against Hazard ranks him as the number TWO on the list of all-time three point FGs made in Kentucky High School basketball with 409.

Still a bit away from the record and they've already had teams cancel two of the few games they have left. It'll take a deep run and a heck of an effort for him, but he's still got a shot.

how far away is he?
UKisN1 Wrote:So averaging 19.9 at a Division 1 school is what you expect from Back. Thanks for the compliment.

LOL, yeah really. Avg.20 a game and second in scoring in the Horizon league. I guess that is a bad thing now. :igiveup:

serious note..does Back have any D-1 offers?
Tailback44 Wrote:how far away is he?

54 away.
They have 3 games left on the regular season schedule.

Let's say they play those 3 games, 2 games at district and they make it to the region finals.

That's 8 games and he would have to average 6.75 per game to get there.

They make it to the first round of state and he has a little more wiggle room.

Buckhorn and Owsley County both canceled their upcoming games with PCC. They had another one canceled last weekend at the Scott Blank Classic. It would be a lot more manageable if they had those games. It would go down to under 5/game and he averages a shade above 4/game.

Regardless, nothing is guaranteed in the postseason and it'll take a monumental team effort for him to get the record.
Update:
Harlan County has canceled their game tonight.

For the record, I don't want to spread conspiracy theories that teams don't want Noah to get that record or anything.

Harlan County has serious issues due to the flooding over there. Buckhorn didn't want to play Perry because they drew them in the tournament the following week.

Everyone has their own circumstances, Noah having a harder path to the record is just a byproduct of that. I'm sure folks canceled games when James was chasing the record a while back too.
The_Rock Wrote:I have been watching Noah play basketball since he was a little boy. Believe me, the kid has a a million more highlights than he does mistakes. Hes been the most dangerous shooter in the region for a long time. If he wasnt getting chased night in and night out I bet he would average near 40 ppg. You cant give the kid an inch. He does his job and does it very very well. His job is to score and hit open shots. His role on the team isnt to be the defensive stopper or garbage man inside. Everyone has a role. Hes the best shooter I have ever seen. I do think he plays pretty good defense to. He keeps his man in front of him and doesnt do stupid stuff to get out of position. He rebounds and makes good decisons with the basketball. Ive said it all his life. He is a Winner, plain and simple. Cant believe he is graduating this season. Sure am gonna miss watching you play Noah and so will a lot of others around here as well. Some college is gonna be picking up one hell of a player next year.

You’re wrong about rebounding. He only averages 2 rebounds a game 🤔🤔
Thats 2 more than you averaged Night Train.
The Rock with more fake news
Night Train Wrote:You’re wrong about rebounding. He only averages 2 rebounds a game 🤔🤔

Pick on the child all you want, but he's got 90+ 3pt FGs this year and 50+ 2pt FGs.

He's obviously not just a three point shooter even though that's all anyone wants to give him credit for.

Hard to get too many rebounds when you got one player pulling down 10+ and everyone else capable of picking up boards when needed.
zaga_fan Wrote:Update:

For the record, I don't want to spread conspiracy theories that teams don't want Noah to get that record or anything.

Harlan County has serious issues due to the flooding over there. Buckhorn didn't want to play Perry because they drew them in the tournament the following week.

Everyone has their own circumstances, Noah having a harder path to the record is just a byproduct of that. I'm sure folks canceled games when James was chasing the record a while back too.

We had some low lying flooding earlier in the morning but if it rains much more tonight, we will be in serious trouble. Lots of slides, too.
The_Rock Wrote:Appartly you havent either hitter.

Wow. How clever.
zaga_fan Wrote:Pick on the child all you want, but he's got 90+ 3pt FGs this year and 50+ 2pt FGs.

He's obviously not just a three point shooter even though that's all anyone wants to give him credit for.

Hard to get too many rebounds when you got one player pulling down 10+ and everyone else capable of picking up boards when needed.

I didn’t mention his FG’s made nor did I say he was just a shooter. I said he wasn’t a good rebounder. Call Riherds scoreboard and tell them to quit picking on kids by releasing their stats. Women lie, men lie but numbers don’t lie
Ever hear the old saying I was born in the night but not last night I don't know about you Night Train what night were you born on?
zaga_fan Wrote:Update:

I heard Perry canceled last night due to a leak in the gym roof.
Pages: 1 2