Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 75 Pikeville 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Clay playing well
Did it sound like Pikeville was getting hosed 64? Pikeville probably leads the nation in fewest technicals/fans getting tossed, so 3 in one night sounds like something may have been going on?
Sounds like someone is a little scared and jealous that cc is back healthy. I was at the game technicals were called when game was well In hand fan got tossed because his team was out matched and he was craving a pats burger. Pikeville was expecting to play the same cc team they did last week and that wasn’t the case became frustrated when they realized they were outmatched look foward to a close game Friday should be the best game in the state.
TIGERZ Wrote:Sounds like someone is a little scared and jealous that cc is back healthy. I was at the game technicals were called when game was well In hand fan got tossed because his team was out matched and he was craving a pats burger. Pikeville was expecting to play the same cc team they did last week and that wasn’t the case became frustrated when they realized they were outmatched look foward to a close game Friday should be the best game in the state.

Pikeville would beat Clay on neutral court 9 out of 10 times but nice try.
So who played for clay this time that didn’t the first time?
SportsFan67 Wrote:So who played for clay this time that didn’t the first time?

Just the zebrasTongueirateSho
First off, Pikeville has a very nice squad! #15 in death from 3-point range and #10 is smooth as silk and can get to the hoop in a hurry (and finish). Well coached bunch!!!Secondly, If Pikeville fans are upset at the foul count in the game it was because Clay doesn't play nearly as stiff a defense as Pikeville does, thus they are going to have more fouls. I was not "pleased" with the consistency of the refs at all. When the foul count started benefitting Clay, then they would let our guards get killed and it be a "no call". Clay's big kid might as well had a saddle on him. Then, once the game went into OT, the refs started tightening down on fouls....total inconsistency. But, it was inconsistent both ways. A lot of people act like the Boston Celtics couldn't come into Clay and leave with a win, and that is simply not true (these days). Pikeville won by 34 at their place. If Clay did indeed have a "home-court advantage", it was nowhere near a 34 point advantage. This was one of the roughest basketball games I have ever witnessed and am just glad no one was hurt this close to district/region tourney time.
Wheatfarmer Wrote:First off, Pikeville has a very nice squad! #15 in death from 3-point range and #10 is smooth as silk and can get to the hoop in a hurry (and finish). Well coached bunch!!!Secondly, If Pikeville fans are upset at the foul count in the game it was because Clay doesn't play nearly as stiff a defense as Pikeville does, thus they are going to have more fouls. I was not "pleased" with the consistency of the refs at all. When the foul count started benefitting Clay, then they would let our guards get killed and it be a "no call". Clay's big kid might as well had a saddle on him. Then, once the game went into OT, the refs started tightening down on fouls....total inconsistency. But, it was inconsistent both ways. A lot of people act like the Boston Celtics couldn't come into Clay and leave with a win, and that is simply not true (these days). Pikeville won by 34 at their place. If Clay did indeed have a "home-court advantage", it was nowhere near a 34 point advantage. This was one of the roughest basketball games I have ever witnessed and am just glad no one was hurt this close to district/region tourney time.

Curious your take on 2 technicals on Pikeville and a fan tossed. I don't think I have ever seen that before and I have followed Pikeville for a very long time.
I honestly was not paying attention when the first technical was called. I think it was on #10 (who can trash-talk with the best of them). I was watching closely when the second was called and saw the kids mouth moving, but have absolutely no clue what he said/didn't say. He looked quite stunned when the ref blew the whistle. It certainly wasn't loud enough for me to hear (or anyone else that wasn't within 5 feet of him). I think Clay was up 5 points with around a minute when the 2nd T was called. I didn't even notice the fan being ejected either. I found that out after the game was over. I will say that both technicals never really caught my eye or jumped out as obvious.
Thanks for your insight. Best of luck to Clay County.
Tough to win at Clay
jetpilot Wrote:Did it sound like Pikeville was getting hosed 64? Pikeville probably leads the nation in fewest technicals/fans getting tossed, so 3 in one night sounds like something may have been going on?

13th regions referees :ref1::ref1: don’t allowed touched basketball played in the 13th need to go back to 2 referees,
Clay co is the worse defensive team in the Region.. so it maxing that they had any fouls. I watched them in Christmas tournament and players would get out of the way instead of taking a charge.
TIGERZ Wrote:Sounds like someone is a little scared and jealous that cc is back healthy. I was at the game technicals were called when game was well In hand fan got tossed because his team was out matched and he was craving a pats burger. Pikeville was expecting to play the same cc team they did last week and that wasn’t the case became frustrated when they realized they were outmatched look foward to a close game Friday should be the best game in the state.
Why would Pikeville be scared of Clay County. Who played this game that didn’t the game before? I watched Clay at Pikeville and they could barely get a pass off that didn’t look like it would be stolen in mid air. Traps rattled their guards at half court, players had to be WIDE open to hit a shot, etc.

I will agree with other poster that we do have a couple that can trash talk, but rarely if ever to level of a T. So it sounds to me like either the refs had rabbit ears, or they just had to turn it up a notch for the home team in OT. If Clay is the best team in the 13th, there’s 3 teams from the 15th that would win the 13th this year outright.