Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th region front runners for POTY and COTY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's every1s thought on who is leading for coach of the year and player of the year

Imo cody potter hands down poty and justice for coach here's my explanation potter has just absolutely been on a tear the entire season. He has the potential to be the best player to come from the region since justice was at SV. As far as justice on being coty everyone was saying at the beginning of the year with the loss of batitile Rhodes and Byers pville would have not have the same success they've had the last cpl of years and here it is the end of the season and coach justice has them right there in the mix of things again and imo them or valley will win the region it's going to come down to who's hitter between the 2 and the draw they get in the tourney
I thought only seniors can win POTY, which would make Potter ineligible.

I was actually thinking opposite of you. I would give POTY to Connor Roberts, but COTY to Jim Hicks. I don't think anyone expected Valley to be the 15th region front-runner at the beginning of the year, but here they are. As for Roberts he has been a steady leader for the Panthers all year, with the stats to back it up.
More Cowbell Wrote:I thought only seniors can win POTY, which would make Potter ineligible.

I was actually thinking opposite of you. I would give POTY to Connor Roberts, but COTY to Jim Hicks. I don't think anyone expected Valley to be the 15th region front-runner at the beginning of the year, but here they are. As for Roberts he has been a steady leader for the Panthers all year, with the stats to back it up.

A frontrunner.
Potter and Hicks.
If it’s a senior give it to Rice he means more to his team that Roberts IMO. If it’s to any class of course it’s Potter. Coach of the year has to be Hicks and no one else even in the conversation. Maybe the LC coach second he has had a great turnaround year.
Hicks and POTY you have to at least mention Brady Whitaker, without him Magoffin County might be winless on the season but you can also make a good argument for Rice and Roberts but both have some pretty good players around them
Iknowall Wrote:Hicks and POTY you have to at least mention Brady Whitaker, without him Magoffin County might be winless on the season but you can also make a good argument for Rice and Roberts but both have some pretty good players around them
Totally forgot about Whitaker very valid point. He has to be considered, they are 12-13 and would be 0-25 without him
POY is a toss up
COY no question IMO Jim Hicks.
I'd say Whitaker for POY with Roberts and Rice close behind.

COY - Hicks
Rice and Roberts great players , I like Whitacker but , Magoffin has played such a weak schedule. Other than District games and they are 0 and 5 .
Creeker Wrote:I'd say Whitaker for POY with Roberts and Rice close behind.

COY - Hicks

I change my COY pick... Hands down has to be Travis York from LC. 8-22 last season and 19-7 this year, with a good chance to win the next 3 and finish the season at 22-7.
Creeker Wrote:I change my COY pick... Hands down has to be Travis York from LC. 8-22 last season and 19-7 this year, with a good chance to win the next 3 and finish the season at 22-7.

Disagree. That gaudy record doesn't look so impressive when you look a their schedule. The best win they have all year is the recent OT victory over Johnson Central, who they had already lost to twice. The rest of their wins are over a parade of mediocre teams. Lawrence never even played Valley, Pikeville, or Paintsville.
Mamba Wrote:What's every1s thought on who is leading for coach of the year and player of the year

Imo cody potter hands down poty and justice for coach here's my explanation potter has just absolutely been on a tear the entire season. He has the potential to be the best player to come from the region since justice was at SV. As far as justice on being coty everyone was saying at the beginning of the year with the loss of batitile Rhodes and Byers pville would have not have the same success they've had the last cpl of years and here it is the end of the season and coach justice has them right there in the mix of things again and imo them or valley will win the region it's going to come down to who's hitter between the 2 and the draw they get in the tourney

If the award goes to seniors then Conner Roberts is it. Hicks has to be the coach of the year. As far as Justice goes Im not even sure he does most of the coaching at Pikeville. I see the older assistant making most of the adjustments in game.