Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland Blazer looking for new coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heard today that Johnny Lemaster resigned as the head coach. With only a few days till the start of the season who do the Tomcats look to?
Saw this on twitter from Ashland Daily sports person. I’d imagine someone with ties to program will take over for this season and they’ll look for long term after. But I’d assume half the team just left since Peanut is gone.
David Greene named interim head coach per ADI's Aaron Snyder. He is the principal at Ashland middle school.
Lemaster's 3 grandsons transferred back to Paintsville.
Will they be eligible?
washed up Wrote:Will they be eligible?

Don’t be silly... It’s Paintsville
Go Tigers!!! We just reload🐅
Why did Lemaster resign?
EyeOfTheTiger Wrote:Go Tigers!!! We just reload🐅

Huh?

Last years regional championship was the first in 17 years? Correct?:eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:Huh?

Last years regional championship was the first in 17 years? Correct?:eyeroll:

When Ashland hires Badcat for head coach it'll be their first of 17 straight regional championships! :flame:
WideRight05 Wrote:When Ashland hires Badcat for head coach it'll be their first of 17 straight regional championships! :flame:
:Clap:

Oh, the sky's the limit for that boy!!
Bob Seger Wrote::Clap:

Oh, the sky's the limit for that boy!!

Confusednicker:
BallFan1952 Wrote:Lemaster's 3 grandsons transferred back to Paintsville.
It’s actually 4 grandsons not 3. Braxton-Senior, Gunner-Freshman, Barron-Freshman, Griffin-8th grader
philbilly2009 Wrote:It’s actually 4 grandsons not 3. Braxton-Senior, Gunner-Freshman, Barron-Freshman, Griffin-8th grader

Correct, but only 3 played varsity baseball last year. I would assume the mat the youngest, Griffin would have played this year. Any word on their eligibility?
Paintsville's Roster only shows Gunner, Braxton and Baron, but no Griffin. Is he a Ratliff or Collins? A silly question but does he play baseball?
He’s a Collins. He played middle school baseball last year, but not sure what will happen now. Just wondering how tthey are eligible with all 3 playing varsity last year.
As long as they had an address in Paintsville before they transferred they are eligible.
baseball1974 Wrote:As long as they had an address in Paintsville before they transferred they are eligible.

How would they be? Please explain using KHSAA rules.
Here is the link but I’m not it will answer your question

https://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20142015/bylaw6.pdf
I’ve read the rules, again, it only clarifies that they can’t be eligible... just saying.
And for the record, I am thrilled that David Greene is now the head coach. Great coach and a great person.
I believe the only student in question would be the senior athlete. The other players that haven't played a varsity sport would be eligible if they haven't played another varsity sport since the first day of their freshman year. If they played football or baseball, they could run into an eligibility issue. Best of luck to the players at their new school and best of luck to the players that have an opportunity to now play at Ashland.
I have always had the rule interpreted to in where even if the kid plays a varsity sport, as long as he isn’t enrolled at that high school he will still be eligible. For example, an 8th grader playing varsity sports can still enroll in any high school they want and be eligible without any special requests. From what I understand there was never any move to the Ashland area. With that being said, they will simply rule this as a family moving back home and there shouldn’t be any issues with eligibility. I know of one case involving basketball where the coach lost his job and even though his son lettered in varsity, he was eligible right away at the school his dad got a job at. It’s the same principle applying here.
I agree with what you said to an extent. However, 2 are freshmen this year and all three played at least one down in a varsity football game, which would make all three ineligible.
Yustacould Wrote:I agree with what you said to an extent. However, 2 are freshmen this year and all three played at least one down in a varsity football game, which would make all three ineligible.
You really need a Valium. You are all tore up over these boys gonna be eligible. You have posted on this topic thread and the 15th region topic, going on and on about how they can’t be eligible. Do u have a personal interest in them being eligible? I’m worried about your health and u may have a heart attack, with the level of stress you are putting on your points on how it’s not possible they can be eligible lol.
I may be wrong. It’s happened once or twice before. However, I am almost 99% sure they will be eligible based on their address. From what I understand they also have a “family medical” reason for transferring back as well. That will be another form of an “exception” under the rule interpretation.
Nope, I’m all good, and sleep well at night. Just saying why have rules if you’re not going to enforce them. Rules are rules.
I’m just happy that other players actually have a chance to play now...
Yustacould Wrote:Nope, I’m all good, and sleep well at night. Just saying why have rules if you’re not going to enforce them. Rules are rules.

Do you honestly think if any rules are violated by Paintsville that’s jC, LC or Pikeville will let it go without reporting them?
From my understanding, the boys never physically lived in the Ashland district, commuted daily from paintsville to Ashland so transferring back to the school district they live in gives them eligibility to play right away. If it had been reversed, they transferred from paintsville to Ashland without physically moving into the Ashland district, then the 365 day rule would apply to any that played a variety sport at paintsville. This is my interpretation of the rule and what I’ve seen enforced on kids I know that have transferred to other districts.
Pages: 1 2