Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region POY? Coach of the Year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering as we inch closer to district tournament time, who is the front runners to win Player of the year? Coach of the year?
If I were to guess right now I'd say Cassidy Mullins from Pike County Central is a strong candidate for POTY.

COTY without a doubt should be Floyd Central's Justin Triplett.
What about the Stanley girl who moved to Belfry from Pike Central. PC was singing her praises last year and no mention of her this year? Is she still getting D1 looks?
In no particular order:
Cassidy Mullins PCC
Elizabeth Williams Paintsville
Anna Keeton Paintsville
McKenzie Maynard Belfry
Kylea Stanley Belfry
Alyssa Elswick SV
Katie Moore FC
Kirsten Cole-Williamson Pikeville
Kaitlyn Keathley Prestonsburg
Alaina Castle JC
Kennedy Stacy Magoffin
Madison Thompson SC
boxandone Wrote:In no particular order:
Cassidy Mullins PCC
Elizabeth Williams Paintsville
Anna Keeton Paintsville
McKenzie Maynard Belfry
Kylea Stanley Belfry
Alyssa Elswick SV
Katie Moore FC
Kirsten Cole-Williamson Pikeville
Kaitlyn Keathley Prestonsburg
Alaina Castle JC
Kennedy Stacy Magoffin
Madison Thompson SC

I disagree with several on this list. You are missing Reese Endicott from Prestonsburg. If she is shooting in a game, Prestonsburg wins. She is a much better player in my opinion than Keathley. She just doesn't have people writing into some of the local sports coverage on her behalf like Keathley. Ashley Belcher from Johnson Central is another. She scored 41 points tonight against Magoffin County essentially beating them by herself. She has the ability to score at will. Lauren Preston of Floyd Central could be on this list. Her arrival to Floyd Central filled the only spot where FC was weak. She completed their five. Without her in the game FC could easily be beaten from on the inside. Kristen Isaac and Paige Maynard from Sheldon Clark could easily be additions to this list as well. Isaac is one of the most underrated bigs in the Region and Maynard can beat you from outside the arc or drive it in to score. Clair Blair has been a clutch shooter for Paintsville all year. She makes big shots happen. I won't tell you who I don't feel should be on your list because these are good players just out their doing their best every night to get a W, but what I will say is don't overlook the kids who put in work and don't necessarily receive the media attention that others do.