Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 70 Whitley Co 66 Final in OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surprisingly close game. Corbin obviously not playing to well but cant help but think if they make the region that they could still be dangerous.
Don’t know if I can picture corbin winning it all, but I can picture them knocking off a North Laurel, Knox Central, Harlan County team round 1.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Surprisingly close game. Corbin obviously not playing to well but cant help but think if they make the region that they could still be dangerous.

Surprising? Whitley was up by 7 at Corbin couldn't hold on. Was ahead almost the entire game last night and missed shot at buzzer to win. Corbin out last them in overtime, Whitley beats Williamsburg Tuesday they get them again. Teams match up really good and two outstanding games. Hollingsworth and D. Lawson played outstanding and Sanders clutch at the free throw line in overtime. Great atmosphere and exciting game.
I cant figure whitley out. you never know which whitley team gonna show up
Whitley killed themselves at the FT line late in regulation, missing something like 8 out of 9 FT's, with several being the front end of the one and one, which allowed Corbin to get it into OT.
If there were ever a year for Whitley to get to regionals, this is it. Beat Williamsburg this week and play Corbin in the district first round. Maybe Whitley could pull this one out
Having Hollingsworth on the bench to start the game is pathetic. Gave Whitley a slow start. Whitley has to have Tyler Lawson, Dakota Lawson, and hunter Hollingsworth on the court. They all compliment eachother while they are all out there. I’ll just be honest the future of Whitley is going to be bad. It’s politics. Estes is going to be the head man next year. I bet you can already guess who will be running the show next year.. hire someone away from here
Really Estes is the reason we are competitive this year. Look at are girls. Estes is a much better coach than who is running the show now.
they made the region one time, Never won district, look at them now after he leaves? There is no developed players. Look at their record now. How exactly was he such a good coach?
IMO coach that has a son shouldn’t be the head coach.. just saying. You don’t see south & corbin have that problem. They are competing every year for a region