Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central 51 Perry Central 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good back and forth game.

Colby Napier did not play for Knott.
Perry had D'andre Reed in the lineup. Still no word on Frazier, but he's had his hearing and should know his future within a few days.
It’s really sad that this is what the biggest school in the region has came to. Perry has a starter from Jackson City and a kid from Scott County already playing and are hoping and praying that a couple more kids from the Cordia pipeline can somehow get eligible before the district tournament. It just seems to me that the supporters of PCC would just be sick of it. It’s not like all the transfers have won a ton of regional titles or a single Sweet 16 game. Zero coaching ability is what it tells me. No confidence in the ability to develop players.
I look for Perry to gel right before district tourney. I would say Reed, Frazier, Williams, Caudill and Back will be the starting 5 soon. The Turner kid is awfully good though. Be hard to sit him.
It’s a disgrace is what it is. The pipeline needs to stop. This is not college.
Cordia pipeline? I don’t remember those kids playing grade school basketball anywhere in Knott County. Cordia has had more players transfer in than anyone.
I’m talking all of it
Fat Pat was dishing out mash taters to everyone one last night.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:It’s really sad that this is what the biggest school in the region has came to. Perry has a starter from Jackson City and a kid from Scott County already playing and are hoping and praying that a couple more kids from the Cordia pipeline can somehow get eligible before the district tournament. It just seems to me that the supporters of PCC would just be sick of it. It’s not like all the transfers have won a ton of regional titles or a single Sweet 16 game. Zero coaching ability is what it tells me. No confidence in the ability to develop players.

Not a big Perry backer but at least get your facts straight before you post I'm certain their last appearance in 17 they won their first round game.
SmileyTown Wrote:Not a big Perry backer but at least get your facts straight before you post I'm certain their last appearance in 17 they won their first round game.

And they’re only waiting on one kid to get eligible.

Evidently they make folks so mad that they can't even think straight.
I think you personally you win and lose with the kids that have grown up here their entire life. What justice do you do to the kids that have been born and raised here just for them to put in all the hard word all the years to have their high school playing time crushed by a transfer. That’s selfish coaching. All they care about is their coaching legacy and not so much about the kids from Eastern Kentucky. They want to win but don’t want to work for it. Kinda like taking steroids. They want results but don’t wanna work for it.
4ever witness Wrote:I think you personally you win and lose with the kids that have grown up here their entire life. What justice do you do to the kids that have been born and raised here just for them to put in all the hard word all the years to have their high school playing time crushed by a transfer. That’s selfish coaching. All they care about is their coaching legacy and not so much about the kids from Eastern Kentucky. They want to win but don’t want to work for it. Kinda like taking steroids. They want results but don’t wanna work for it.

This will be my last post on this topic in here because this is the single-most tired argument on this board.

High school should be a place to prepare you for the real world, not a place to coddle you and present you with false equivalencies for what you will encounter later in life.

If someone comes in and does my job better than me, they'll likely get the promotion over me. If someone does your job better than you on the basketball court, you either find a new job on the court or expect less minutes.

This argument and the Floyd Central shenanigans is telling of where we've come. Talk to these kids instead of putting words in their mouths. They're excited for their team and teammates. Is anyone at Knott Central upset that Whitaker is playing? Or are they buying in and trying to win games?
At the end of the day you get the “job” if you know someone. It hardly ever comes down to who does the job more consistent.... if you are really talking reality. They are 52626262727 kids with a college degree still unemployed of the field that want to work in simply because they “don’t know” anyone on the inside to hire them.
Please answer this question? What is high school basketball about? The school/community supporting kids they have watch grow up or cheering for 3-4 kids that will be there for a year or less and never be seen again? I hate all recruiting not just PCC and think it is what is killing High school basketball.
Good question reds fan. I always thought Prep Schools were designed for all these super talented kids. These future D1s as some call them. Youd think if they were in such high demand some prep school would latched on to them. I love to see all kids get to play but I like all them to get fair and equal treatment. Get what you earn. What did Knott beat Perry by the first time? About the same type score as last night. Kids from here arent bad players. A dunk is awesome to see but it's still only worth 2 points.
Reed got elidigible on time it had been 1 year since he played last. Frazier won't play a game this year. I keep hearing people on here whining and crying about players transferring in may not be right but it's just the way things are now. The truth is everybody that's complaining about players transferring into other schools are just pissed because they didn't come to their school. I will promise you if a stud player came to any school in region no team would turn them away.
You probably right Buford, but the specifically end up at Perry Central for some odd reason dont they? Wonder why?
That’s just it, what are schools in the mountains gaining from this? Crowds are half what they used to be and community support is at an all time low. Fans don’t have any type of connection to players that move in for basketball season. I don’t have a problem with a kid that transfers as a Freshman. I think any kid should be alllowed to pick his high school but, we got kids moving 2-3 times in some cases just chasing a regional championship. The statement “it might not be right but it’s just the way it is” is exactly what’s wrong with high sports today. We are supposed to be teaching these kids what’s right from wrong. Letting kids move to a new school for whatever reason isn’t teaching a kid anything.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:It’s really sad that this is what the biggest school in the region has came to. Perry has a starter from Jackson City and a kid from Scott County already playing and are hoping and praying that a couple more kids from the Cordia pipeline can somehow get eligible before the district tournament. It just seems to me that the supporters of PCC would just be sick of it. It’s not like all the transfers have won a ton of regional titles or a single Sweet 16 game. Zero coaching ability is what it tells me. No confidence in the ability to develop players.

100% truth. Perry County used to produce great players. Then in mid-90s M.C. Napier starting poaching players from Knott and that continued with PCC, only they expanded geographically. You take transfers away from PCC and they have little tradition, if any.
FunFan Wrote:100% truth. Perry County used to produce great players. Then in mid-90s M.C. Napier starting poaching players from Knott and that continued with PCC, only they expanded geographically. You take transfers away from PCC and they have little tradition, if any.

Now that is some pure comedy gold right there pal.
Knott Central is the clear #1 team in the 14th region right now, I saw where they won a high scoring game at Wolfe Saturday 102-80. Knott seems to be able to out play their opponent at their own game, they beat PCC in a low scoring slugfest on Friday night and then go to Wolfe Co and the run and gun pace they play, and win they game too.
[Image: 93DPhRx.jpg]

Bolz, ole fatpat been telling you guys that Patriot Nation would be rockin punkins palace baby! Game time decision on Napper so Big Bizness said lets play the lil ones some more and the lil ones tore it up, wowza! Ole fatpat's head spinning though... Hosky got him some new playas but still couldn't climb the ole mountain. Shout out to Brownie though on the hospitality room. We tore that mutha up at halftime...

#hoskysrosterchangesliketheweather More mash taters please!!!
Buford T Justice Wrote:The truth is everybody that's complaining about players transferring into other schools are just pissed because they didn't come to their school. I will promise you if a stud player came to any school in region no team would turn them away.
Funny that these two players showed up at another school before PCC. Started practicing, then ask Coach when they would receive their $800, for some clothes, food, and gas money, they were quickly told they needed to leave, but they showed up at PCC and stayed! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! Just saying.... :HitWall::ChairHit::yikes:
Patriot train Wrote:Funny that these two players showed up at another school before PCC. Started practicing, then ask Coach when they would receive their $800, for some clothes, food, and gas money, they were quickly told they needed to leave, but they showed up at PCC and stayed! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! Just saying.... :HitWall::ChairHit::yikes:

Did you see this happen with your own eyes or are you just packing tales again?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Did you see this happen with your own eyes or are you just packing tales again?
Heard it straight from the source! People that were sitting in the room confirmed it as well. Wouldn't say things that weren't true.
Patriot train Wrote:Heard it straight from the source! People that were sitting in the room confirmed it as well. Wouldn't say things that weren't true.

Ah okay makes sense, if some people setting in a room somewhere confirmed it, it must be true!
[Image: giphy.gif] Hosky pipeline bout to burst boi! Transferees come and go for Commodeers and Knott still mashing taters all season long brutha! #risetothetoplikebutterontaters #pipelineiscracking More mash taters please!!!
Prove me wrong.
FunFan Wrote:Prove me wrong.

When I get through checking the school records for the Perry's teams in the 90s and early 2000s i'll get back to you, check with me next never. I don't have to prove anything, if you're gonna make such a ridiculous claim you need to back it up. Who was a transfer on the 1999, 2000, 2004 or 2005 title teams? Go ahead and tell me that.
1999 has Brian Kilburn who attended Carr Creek Elementary.

2000 had Emanual Harris - Carr Creek and Jamie Fugate from Cordia (I believe). Jamie's role was limited that year as I think he was just a freshman.

2004-2005 were all Perry County guys to best of my knowledge. Can't say much about those teams. Great teams.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Ah okay makes sense, if some people setting in a room somewhere confirmed it, it must be true!

I'm sure PT is referring to allegations that popped up in Frazier's hearing the other day. They were refuted pretty quickly with evidence to the contrary (from what I'm told), but I'm sure the commissioner's ruling will shed some light on whether or not the claim holds any water.
Pages: 1 2