Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County hires Amy Kaylor as new head coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Estill County has hired former Madison Central assistant coach, Amy Kaylor. Coach Kaylor will be replacing legendary coach, Shirley Beard.
Big hire for the Engineers this late in the game. Good for Amy and the program to get a class act to replace Shirley. Changing of the guard continues in Irvine and will be a different look for the ladies in blue. Miss Kaylor is used to playing against good competition in the 11th region, and when it’s her turn to set the stage, I’m sure she will not sway much from the past as to playing softball powerhouses every year and keeping it exciting for the fan base. It’s been no secret that it makes more sense to play better central Ky competition because it makes sense to play against the best, it’s way closer, and no reason to drive 2 hours into the mountains to play against average competition. True, softball is getting better in all facets of the game and state, yet the 14th region leaves some to be desired in the softball area. Congrats to the Miss Kaylor.
Is this official? They've yet to update the coaching info on the KHSAA school directory. If so, who will her assistants be?
I’m not sure if it is completely official...but those school directories only get updated by the ones who care. She IS the new Engineer softball coach. If I was guessing, her husband who has helped her during travel ball would be her #1. He coached at Caudill middle school the last couple years. I would assume that if she needed another, she may send out the olive branch to the former assistant under Shirley which would be Cassidy Flynn.
They've been updating that pretty regularly here lately.
Well...riherds doesn’t have Shirley on the team list as coach anymore.
That's why I've asked if it was official. Whoever updated Estill County's school directory had been doing it pretty regulary. Posted both football and softball jobs on the open jobs list, removed both former coaches, added Jordan Marcum when he became the offical football coach and they updated the track teams coach but have yet to update the softball position yet.
Oh ok...gotcha. Well, without a shadow of a doubt, I can tell you that she is the new head coach. Not sure why the directory posters aren’t up on it, but she will definitely be leading the ladies in blue this season in her inaugural year.
It is official i talked to the power that be...
Any changes to the schedule other than what's on KHSAA? I see that Estill is at Breathitt on March 30th for a 1 PM start time. Also seen that North Laurel comes to Estill on April 13th for a 1 PM start time. Are both of those triangles? If so, who's the third opponent?
Not sure on this one. One would assume that she will stick to the schedule that is already in place and maybe make some tweaks of her own for the next year. I think that it would behoove her to not start changing games and opponents at this stage of the game and just embrace the opportunity.
Amanda Edwards will be Amy’s assistant. She is a former Engineer and former walk on for our beloved Kentucky Wildcats.