Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central player break state record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pike Central player breaks state record for being beaned the most times in one season. The kid was hit by 23 pitches this season breaking the former record. Just thought it would be good to share this.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Pike Central player breaks state record for being beamed the most times in one season. The kid was hit by 23 pitches this season breaking the former record. Just thought it would be good to share this.

Heard this today at work!! Poor kid... what a way to break a record!! Smile
Must be something about 15th region pitching. Justin Blanton of Johnson Central is 3rd all time in state history of being HBP.
lol congrats on the record!
I think this record was broken last year by Pikeville's Matt Sexton, I'm fairly sure it was more than 23...
not exactly the record kids dream about breaking.
Congrats on the record! Also has the record for most bruises and strawberries I would imagine.. haha
Congrats...I guess. lol. Hey! Whatever it takes to get your name in the record books.
Hey..BIG CONGRATS!!! IT IS A NASTY BUT PROUD RECORD TO HAVE! GRITTY!!!!
Pink Flamingo Wrote:not exactly the record kids dream about breaking.
i agree.
I was thinking about this last night after i posted this thread. Think about when this kid gets older and has kids, they will more than likely be playing baseball at sometime in their life. He will be sitting there with them telling them stories about baseball when he grew up and then the conversation will come up about him having at state record at one point. The kids quickly get excited and of course will ask what the state record was, he will look them straight in the eye and more than likely say with a chuckle in his voice the most HBP in a season 23 lmao. Will be classic! Congrats to him hopefully he will have better luck next season reaching first on a hit and not a HBP.
Name?
No one reads posts i guess in this thread???

He didnt break it.
mountainsfanforever Wrote:No one reads posts i guess in this thread???

He didnt break it.

the reason no one read ur post where u said he didn't break it is because he did break it. The previous player had 22 HBP in 2006 the kid was from Dupont Manual. I do not know how you got Matt Sexton with the most in a season b/c he is not even on the list at all.
This gets broken like every other year!
It happened last year. It was more than 23. Maybe it isnt in there at this point, but it was broken
mountainsfanforever Wrote:It happened last year. It was more than 23. Maybe it isnt in there at this point, but it was broken

it has been updates since last season Hints why the previous record was posted as a player in 2006 breaking it.
Congratulations, he probably had a lot of bruises this year too. As for the Matt Sexton thing, I know he got hit a lot last year but I don't think he got hit 23 times. Pikeville could have their name on the list in a few categories but they have never turned them in to the KHSAA.
Beef Wrote:Name?
Michael Daniels, im pretty sure hes a freshman... i played with him in all-starslast year...