Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott County vs Danville - All A state first round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fun matchup in the first round. Both teams with great records but perhaps questionable schedules to this point.

What are the scouting reports on both teams? Elliot county has the star power. Danville the athleticism...
I’ll go without a Elliott 70-64. Elliott has 5 above average guards that can all shoot and handle the ball. They are a matchup nightmare. A team that beats Elliott will have to slow the game way down and dominate the lane.
Team with the most speed wins this one, So I’m guessing Danville haven’t seen neither team played this year.

Danville 74
Elliott County 64
Depends on which team for Elliott shows up! If they share ball and have more than 10 assists & plays together Elliott wins by double digits. If they have fewer than 10 assist Danville wins. In other big games this year they haven't shared ball as well as they could.

Lost with 8 Assist to a good Christ Presbyterian (Nashville) Team
Lost with 5 Assist too a good McCracken Co. Team
Won with 9 Assist to East Carter
Won with 8 Assist to Lyon Co.
Won with 9 Assist to Monterey Tn. Team
Won with 4 Assist @ Home to Rowan Co.
Welcome Wrote:Depends on which team for Elliott shows up! If they share ball and have more than 10 assists & plays together Elliott wins by double digits. If they have fewer than 10 assist Danville wins. In other big games this year they haven't shared ball as well as they could.

Lost with 8 Assist to a good Christ Presbyterian (Nashville) Team
Lost with 5 Assist too a good McCracken Co. Team
Won with 9 Assist to East Carter
Won with 8 Assist to Lyon Co.
Won with 9 Assist to Monterey Tn. Team
Won with 4 Assist @ Home to Rowan Co.

You hit the nail on the head! Elliott shares the ball they win the game no question.
I’m going with Elliott by double digits.
64SUR Wrote:Team with the most speed wins this one, So I’m guessing Danville haven’t seen neither team played this year.

Danville 74
Elliott County 64

Danville may be quicker at all 5 positions, but that don't always determine the outcome. They still have to watch ball go though the net. LOL
This is where matchups become so fascinating. neither team has played much of a schedule. I don't think either has had a common opponent.

I was able to see Elliot COunty at Mustang Madness against McCracken County. If I was Danville I would try to drive to the basket as much as possible. Elliot really seemed to struggle guarding the drives by McCracken that night, even though McCracken settled for a ton of contested 3's.

That's going to be the test for Elliot County. if they run up against a team with multiple players who can get to the basket then it could spell trouble for them. They'll either let them score or foul... Which would be a killer for Elliot. They only play 6 or 7 guys, right?
Saw Danville once and they were long and athletic. Haven’t seen Elliott but sounds like they have guards who can handle/shoot. I will go with Danville by 8, should be a good one
Know nothing about Elliott, Danville is 6'7" 6'6" and 6'6" with 3 good guards. Look for Danville to take advantage of their size. Danville by 10.
Elliott by 6
Does anyone have the full tournament bracket?
Go Blazers Go Wrote:This is where matchups become so fascinating. neither team has played much of a schedule. I don't think either has had a common opponent.

I was able to see Elliot COunty at Mustang Madness against McCracken County. If I was Danville I would try to drive to the basket as much as possible. Elliot really seemed to struggle guarding the drives by McCracken that night, even though McCracken settled for a ton of contested 3's.

That's going to be the test for Elliot County. if they run up against a team with multiple players who can get to the basket then it could spell trouble for them. They'll either let them score or foul... Which would be a killer for Elliot. They only play 6 or 7 guys, right?

I would agree that defense isn't there strong point. I do however believe that they could guard the drive to the basket better than they do. My guess, they probably don't work on it. In the 16th region I would say Elliott is most athletic team out there.
Danville 64- Elliott Co 60
Too much Spencer, EC by 6.
Bgrfan12 Wrote:Does anyone have the full tournament bracket?

Bracket and schedule:

http://www.allaclassic.org/State%20Brack...ackets.pdf

Note - Bishop Brossart beat Paris yesterday to represent the 10th Region.