Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KHSAA has replaced the football with a basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In light of their most recent bonehead playoff rulings, the KHSAA decided to replace the oblong football with a round basketball as to do away with odd and unpredictable bounces. Smh
KHSAA is a joke
There are going to be people pissed off with the sister district pairings, too.

I really don't understand all of the issues with intra-district? Unless you don't have a chance in hell of making it out, which will be the case with either scenario. Everybody is looking out for themselves as they should.
Agreed of course. We should sit down and create our own playoff system.
I tell you why I hate it.

Boyle Co district is:
LexCath
Anderson Co
Bourbon Co

That means three of the best 6/7 teams in 4A ARE IN THE SAME DISTRICT. Winning the District will be extremely important this season. Round 3 of the playoffs could be an easier game than Round 2.
Their's gonna be people that hate this and their's gonna be people that like this. I'm for it. What I'm against is teams with 0 wins can still make the playoffs. That shouldn't happen.

People whined and cried over the former format and now that it's changed people are whining and crying over it (no I'm not calling anyone out or meaning anyone on this board). Give it a chance.
Best teams will emerge anyways. People want what will benefit their program- just do what’s best $ and travel wise and the cream will always rise to the top.
FoSho Wrote:I tell you why I hate it.

Boyle Co district is:
LexCath
Anderson Co
Bourbon Co

That means three of the best 6/7 teams in 4A ARE IN THE SAME DISTRICT. Winning the District will be extremely important this season. Round 3 of the playoffs could be an easier game than Round 2.

Uh not sure about that. "If Boyle Co emerges from the D5 gauntlet to round 3 tell them what they win Johnny"...either a trip to Corbin or Johnson Central as they would PROBABLY be the top 2 in power rankings just ahead of Boyle. If Boyle were to advance there it gets even better as the reseeding would match them with one of the following in the semifinals: Louisville Central, Franklin-Simpson, or the remaining of Corbin/ Johnson Central.

You are right D5 is tough. The Rebels will have to fight their way out to fight even harder. Welcome to 4A...it's going to be brutal in the playoffs.