Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark Basketball 07/08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think The cards will have a better season than last year...because of the coaching change I think coach harless knows basketball and will do great things at Sheldon Clark
I Hope..
I think they will win around 10 games, maybe 15. Harless took the girls program from a 3-win season, to the next year having a winning record. Then, last year having another great season. I don't think his impact will be as great on the boys team though as with the girls.
cards_athlete Wrote:I think they will win around 10 games, maybe 15. Harless took the girls program from a 3-win season, to the next year having a winning record. Then, last year having another great season. I don't think his impact will be as great on the boys team though as with the girls.

Depends on who they schedule, from what I was told the schedule is free enough that he could possible schedule teams that they win 16 games, but that doesn't mean they are going to be better.........
Alot of it depends on talent....we have some, but I fear not enough to be competitive with the other area teams.
losing workman will really hurt, he was a bigman and the games I saw the cards win he was they reason, good luck next year.
meganwillis10 Wrote:losing workman will really hurt, he was a bigman and the games I saw the cards win he was they reason, good luck next year.
You must have not watched many games then Smile
Hey dont be hatin on Workman!! He is a awesome player with a wonderful attitude! if every schs player had an attitude like Millard then i think we could really go places!!!
I hear you may be getting a JC transfer...Ian Welch. Anybody know if this is fact or rumor??
If harless is a good coach he will play his talent.
I have seen them play this summer and was just wondering what they've got going on over there? 3 coaches on the bench and 4 or 5 standing up coaching during the game. Who's the head coach looks like they need to put some people in thte stands and one person coach the team. They have a side show going on over there imop.
I watched them play over at Belfry yesterday, and it looked like a circus out there. There were 5 coaches standing up and 3 sitting down. Whats the deal with that.
I saw the same. Who do they listen to? They were playing hard for all of them.
These last few post sum up what has been wrong with Sheldon Clark basketball for 17 years...................
schsxcheer08 Wrote:Hey dont be hatin on Workman!! He is a awesome player with a wonderful attitude! if every schs player had an attitude like Millard then i think we could really go places!!!

we did not go any where but home after the first game of the district....
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:Alot of it depends on talent....we have some, but I fear not enough to be competitive with the other area teams.

some talent Sc has alot of talent these last few years sc did not have a coach who knew how to use the talent but now Sc does i have been to all of sheldon clarks summer games and they were really competitive and won 3 games they beat belfry and only lost by 1 to tolsia which they should have won but missed two foul shots at the end that would have won the game.
Tree_8 Wrote:some talent Sc has alot of talent these last few years sc did not have a coach who knew how to use the talent but now Sc does i have been to all of sheldon clarks summer games and they were really competitive and won 3 games they beat belfry and only lost by 1 to tolsia which they should have won but missed two foul shots at the end that would have won the game.

I'm really glad to hear that, and I hope it's true. I would love nothing more than to have back the winning tradition that we once had a long time ago. Maybe the reason that I said we only had some is because the other coach couldn't bring it out of them. Hopefully Roger can. I really think we have some talented groups rising up, just not in the next year. I say give it 2 or 3, then we will talk talent.
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:I'm really glad to hear that, and I hope it's true. I would love nothing more than to have back the winning tradition that we once had a long time ago. Maybe the reason that I said we only had some is because the other coach couldn't bring it out of them. Hopefully Roger can. I really think we have some talented groups rising up, just not in the next year. I say give it 2 or 3, then we will talk talent.

I watched SC play every game this week and they do indeed have some talent. The kid nick-named squirrel, the current QB, and the 8th grader, Moore I believe, are something you can build around.

BUT summer is a time to get better and build chemistry and from what I saw as an outsider Harless is going to suffer from what he suffered with at Tug Valley, they played every kid in their JV games the same amount of time, he has 6 people with him on the bench all talking at the same time and he hardly says anything. If he has parents on their like some said to me he is going to have major problems and more to the point he never played his BEST 5 together, in my opinion and a couple of the coaches watching with me, at the same time, EVER.

If they wanted a winner they should have given the job to someone else, with 0 ties to the area and a clean slate to work with..........
JD If U Please Wrote:I watched SC play every game this week and they do indeed have some talent. The kid nick-named squirrel, the current QB, and the 8th grader, Moore I believe, are something you can build around.

BUT summer is a time to get better and build chemistry and from what I saw as an outsider Harless is going to suffer from what he suffered with at Tug Valley, they played every kid in their JV games the same amount of time, he has 6 people with him on the bench all talking at the same time and he hardly says anything. If he has parents on their like some said to me he is going to have major problems and more to the point he never played his BEST 5 together, in my opinion and a couple of the coaches watching with me, at the same time, EVER.

If they wanted a winner they should have given the job to someone else, with 0 ties to the area and a clean slate to work with..........
I agree with every word you just said.
cards_athlete Wrote:I agree with every word you just said.

So do I!!! I watched alot of TV games and they were definitely a great team loaded with great players. They just never could pull it out, and there has to be someone to blame for that. I mean, comeone, how many assistants do you need anyway???? I would think only about two on the bench with you. Others can help in practice.
Sad part is there was 2 young coaches that wanted the job but they old them thanks but no thanks.........
JD If U Please Wrote:I watched SC play every game this week and they do indeed have some talent. The kid nick-named squirrel, the current QB, and the 8th grader, Moore I believe, are something you can build around.

you know some of that might make sence but you know harless has just been coach for a few weeks i have seen more improvement in sheldon clark basketball in these few weeks that all of last year u might have watched the games but u was know on the bench so u dont know what happens when a player comes off the floor all of the coachs talk to the players and so does harless belfry which we beat this past week beat us last year by 30 some points... its to early to tell which 5 plays best with each other thats why we are playing summer ball to try to figure that out.....SC has alot of talent alot more that what you talked about they have a 6'5 kid that is the center and lead the team in points the first game and pulled about 13 rebounds the second game...plus coach harless is the best coach to ever coach at sheldon clark....people should not look at somebodys past but look at what he is goin to do in the future...
Tree_8 Wrote:you know some of that might make sence but you know harless has just been coach for a few weeks i have seen more improvement in sheldon clark basketball in these few weeks that all of last year u might have watched the games but u wa not on the bench so u dont know what happens when a player comes off the floor all of the coachs talk to the players and so does harless belfry which we beat this past week beat us last year by 30 + points... its to early to tell which 5 plays best with each other thats why we are playing summer ball to try to figure that out.....SC has alot of talent alot more that what you talked about they have a 6'5 kid that is the center and lead the team in points the first game and pulled about 13 rebounds the second game and steven goble and george shimko they are all great players...plus coach harless is the best coach to ever coach at sheldon clark....people should not look at somebodys past but look at what he is goin to do in the future...
Tree_8 Wrote:you know some of that might make sence but you know harless has just been coach for a few weeks i have seen more improvement in sheldon clark basketball in these few weeks that all of last year u might have watched the games but u was know on the bench so u dont know what happens when a player comes off the floor all of the coachs talk to the players and so does harless belfry which we beat this past week beat us last year by 30 some points... its to early to tell which 5 plays best with each other thats why we are playing summer ball to try to figure that out.....SC has alot of talent alot more that what you talked about they have a 6'5 kid that is the center and lead the team in points the first game and pulled about 13 rebounds the second game...plus coach harless is the best coach to ever coach at sheldon clark....people should not look at somebodys past but look at what he is goin to do in the future...

I'm pretty sure Sam Sparks was the best coach to coach at SC in the past 20 years, he won 15th region coach of the year......and then they fired him.

I watched SC's games his week also and I did not set on the bench like you said BUT I sat behind, beside and around it and I thought it was comical to say the least.........
Roger Harless might surprise some teams this year in the 15th!!! The Cards will win IMO about 11 or 12 games.
there going to struggle this year. the only way they will win is if brady horn has 30 plus points a game because they dont have no scoring besides that. because porter is gone he's the only other one that can score. also damen is a great defender but cant shoot. they also will need 4 bj moore to step up big because the other point guards they have are just not ready. they dont have a big man at all. george dont have the right attitude and tree just is not ready. its going to be anther long year for the cards. good luck though never know what could happen.
well i was given the lowdown about the game at pikeville.[ coach Harless was not there]. His ass coach who ever he is. Completely done everything coach Harless said that they would not be doing the day before. I was told coach Harless got pretty upset with the way the boys were playing, and told them that they where not going to be playing that way while he was there. They would play team ball or they could sit. This is what i was told, and i was wondering if this was true. i think it sounds like coach Harless is going to be a good coach. But his ass coach needs to do what ever he says even when he is not there.
I don't look for the cards to go very far this year.
Luke The Drifter Wrote:I don't look for the cards to go very far this year.

AND WHY NOT? Roger Harless is a terrific coach..just give him time to get his guys together...they may not have the best season..but this year will be a lot of rebuilding and getting things back in order....they will be good... GO CARDS!
Coach Harless will do just fine!!
Pages: 1 2