Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Accidents Reported At Kings Island
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since we were talking about how rough Son of Beast is in the other thread, I thought I would look for any other accidents regarding SOB at Kings Island. I managed to find a website that listed several accidents from several rides at KI, not just SOB.

Here is a few I found:

Top Gun - Karen Krekeler, a mother of four from Bethel, Ohio, suffered an apparent heart attack while riding Top Gun. Park officials noticed her having trouble breathing when her train reentered the station. Paramedics were summoned and performed CPR. She was taken to Bethesda North Hospital, where she was taken off life support and died the next day.

The Beast - Two trains collided in the station during a rain-related shutdown of the ride. The second train failed to stop short of the station and slid into another train that was unloading passengers. Twenty people were taken to area hospitals with various injuries. No injuries requiring an overnight hospital stay were reported.

Son of Beast - After the ride was over a young girl, probably between 9-11 years old, was fitted with a neck restraint by park staff and lifted out of the car and onto a stretcher for injuries suffered during the ride.

Son of Beast - 27 riders sent to the hospital after the ride. Apparently, the Son of Beast roller coaster at Paramount’s Kings Island had a bit too much fun with its riders. After one of the rides drops, a large jolt was felt that caused these injuries.
Not to leave out Cedar Point:

On July 13, 2004, four people were injured after they were struck from pieces of metal that sheared off the coaster's launch cable during the coaster's launch sequence. The four guests were treated at the park's first aid station; two of those guests had further treatments done at a local hospital
Wow now I know why I am not crazy about the rides at any park.
Does the time I almost peed myself on DropZone count as an accident??
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Does the time I almost peed myself on DropZone count as an accident??

If that counts, I guess I would have to count the time I almost barfed on the MaxAir at Cedar Point. Big Grin
ComfortEagle Wrote:Not to leave out Cedar Point:

On July 13, 2004, four people were injured after they were struck from pieces of metal that sheared off the coaster's launch cable during the coaster's launch sequence. The four guests were treated at the park's first aid station; two of those guests had further treatments done at a local hospital

Yeah I believe that it was Dragster which is the ride that shoots you off from 0-120 and goes striaght up 460 feet. I remember reading about that a while back. Go to youtube and type something to the effect of Dragster stuck at the op and see if it will show you the video of a train that got stuck at the top for 3 hrs!!!!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Does the time I almost peed myself on DropZone count as an accident??

I believe we all may have felt like that the first time or two on Dropzone.

I did see a girl lose her shoe on dropzone. It came off at the top and landed like 2 or 3 seconds after the ride came to the bottom (hope it didn't hit anyone)!

I also was the next in line for Magnum at Cedar Point and the train that was going up the hill stop at the main top because someone got there camera out and was taking pictures before going down a 250 ft drop. Some dude had to walk all the way up the side of the hill and take the camera away from the guy before the ride started back up.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Not to leave out Cedar Point:

hehehehe I was there that day. Top Thrill Dragster was closed all day long, and around 11, when the park was closing, they opened the ride. Me and my boyfriend (well more him) ran to it, and ended up riding it around 12:30 after being shut down all day and the accident or whatever. I had never rode it and this made me even more scared than I already was. However, I can ride it with relative ease now. I have ridden it around 12 more times since that night.
My daughter was at Dollywood last month, when she and a friend were in the front car of the new coaster, "Mystery Mine". Which starts out with a 85 Foot drop at 95 Degrees. Just after their car crossed the peak and was entering the drop the coaster locked up. They were stuck there leaning forward for 90 mins. They had to be placed in harnesses and ropes and evacuated one by and walk to the peak of the coaster and lowered by a large cheery picker. All they got was a free mug for their adventure. lol. My wife was outside the park and they wouldn't let her inside to go to where our daughter was.
i don"t ride them anymore for this reason at any park.
Hey those are the chances you take. I will gladly take someone's place who is too scarwed to ride. I love thrill rides.
You know the incident I always remember at King's Island is a story about 10 years ago.
Some girl wiggled out of her shoulder restraints on King's Islands old stand up coaster call King Cobra, and when the ride went into the corkscrews she fell out and was killed.
Very ignorant but none the less tragic.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Since we were talking about how rough Son of Beast is in the other thread, I thought I would look for any other accidents regarding SOB at Kings Island. I managed to find a website that listed several accidents from several rides at KI, not just SOB.

Here is a few I found:

Top Gun - Karen Krekeler, a mother of four from Bethel, Ohio, suffered an apparent heart attack while riding Top Gun. Park officials noticed her having trouble breathing when her train reentered the station. Paramedics were summoned and performed CPR. She was taken to Bethesda North Hospital, where she was taken off life support and died the next day.

Can't blame the coaster for that tragedy. There are warnin signs up that if you have heart conditions you shouldn't ride. Hate to hear that happened though.
well i'm goin to king's island tomorrow.. and i'll ride them all except the son of the beast.. that one is too rough..
SOB is closed, couldn't ride it if you wanted to.

I believe that they are taking the loop out of it so that it doesn't have to go as fast.
that's cool.. hopefully i'll get to check out that new ride though
Man this sucks, Im a big fan of Kings Island but after reading this I dont know anymore
crazytaxidriver Wrote:that's cool.. hopefully i'll get to check out that new ride though

Yeah, you'll have to let us know how it is.
ComfortEagle Wrote:SOB is closed, couldn't ride it if you wanted to.

I believe that they are taking the loop out of it so that it doesn't have to go as fast.

Same thing that I heard as well.