Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Junior High Track and Field Champions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry won the boys title, with Pikeville finishing 2nd.

Dorton won the girls title for the 4th time in 5 years, with Pikeville finishing 2nd.

The County Meet isn't as competitive as it used to be when there were 11 or 12 schools competing. With the consolidation of the Belfry area schools, and with Elkhorn, Johns Creek, Mullins, Millard, Feds Creek, and Kimper not having teams this year the competition wasn't nearly as exciting. Phelps doesn't have a regular team, but they did bring a team to the County Meet. I would like to see every school have a team because the season and County Championship would be much more fun to watch for the fans and coaches, and to compete in for the kids.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Belfry won the boys title, with Pikeville finishing 2nd.

Dorton won the girls title for the 4th time in 5 years, with Pikeville finishing 2nd.

The County Meet isn't as competitive as it used to be when there were 11 or 12 schools competing. With the consolidation of the Belfry area schools, and with Elkhorn, Johns Creek, Mullins, Millard, Feds Creek, and Kimper not having teams this year the competition wasn't nearly as exciting. Phelps doesn't have a regular team, but they did bring a team to the County Meet. I would like to see every school have a team because the season and County Championship would be much more fun to watch for the fans and coaches, and to compete in for the kids.

i agree everone should have a track and field team
Pikeville lost by not many points. Randy Maynard could not attend the meet. Since he was gone, Pikeville could not compete in any of the relays. And pikeville did not do as well in the jumping areas because of maynard's absence,in which randy usually places first or second.