Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood Vs. Newport - Predictions and Thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a very intriguing game. The one common opponent, Campbell County, put a whipping on Newport early in the year. Beechwood won a very close game against Campbell County.

I'm taking Beechwood by 9. 65-56. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Newport win, especially if they can control the glass and close out on Beechwood's shooters.
I find this game intriguing as well. It should be a good one.
I hesitate to compare scores; it’s all about matchup’s right? But the teams have had six common opponents. I was surprised by the Beechwood win over Campbell Co. (at Beechwood), not so much by Newport’s loss at Alexandria. Each won the other five.

I’ve followed Newport a little this year and what I know of Beechwood, I’m getting from those who do the same. Advantage Newport: Fast, physical and inside game. Advantage Beechwood: Perimeter shooting and depth.

Newport can’t just attempt to shut down Scotty Draud; Beechwood has four others who can comfortably score in double figures. Newport’s Tahj Harding is a beast, but Miller and McGuire can fill it up too. Newport, I think, is a better version of the Cincinnati Aiken team Beechwood lost to a few weeks ago. Interested in what these two can bring to the table to make a run at Cooper and Cov Cath in March.

Tough first round tournament draw. Someone will be without a game for over a week. Beechwood wins a close one in the 60s at “The Den.”

Good story on Newport team:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/...548247002/