Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Radar Detectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who has one? Do they always work?
I used to have one. It worked pretty well, but not always. It's not really for mountainous areas. By the time it picks up a cop coming around a curve, it's probabaly too late. They're good when going on trips where there's a lot of highway.

The best radar detector is your eyes. I try to find someone that's going my speed and lag behind them about a few hundred feet. If they brake, I brake. It's a good idea to keep an eye out for others braking too. There are other good ideas to practice too. This would probably be a good thread to share some of those if anyone has any.
ZMG....I usually try to do that...lag behind people...but I can never seem to find someone going as fast as I am Big Grin.....But I've got some good ideas....but have to get back to you....no time for it right now.
I have one and it works okay. It's supposed to say "Sharp curve ahead", "Ambulance", "Road construction ahead", "Strong winds ahead"...but it doesn't...it says "VG2 detected" and the other stuff. Ah well.
I wish I had one.
Yea i dont have one....
My dad does. He said he it works good in other areas.
Tell me more about your father. Did you believe him?
Yeah I they work good...they are illegal in some states
Woe! That's good information: Basketballer said it they work good.
I have one.. it works pretty good
What kind?
15th region fan, i have one in my car, and they work like gold....in other words they work pretty good
Why would you want one Mario? Are you driving to fast?
I haven't seen one that works great yet. Cause if a cop has his radar turned off then the radar detector won't work. But if any of them actually do work good then lord knows I need one. the law loves me lol, so to speak lol
Look for it at the video store. That makes sense to me. Is this a riddle?
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I haven't seen one that works great yet. Cause if a cop has his radar turned off then the radar detector won't work. But if any of them actually do work good then lord knows I need one. the law loves me lol, so to speak lol

If they have there radar turned off can they still pull you for speeding?
That makes sense to me. Is this a riddle?