Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Baseball 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seems quiet on this site with the 13th region being the most active. So what's the consensus on the 15th this year? Leaders? Contenders? Pretenders? Who's the best players?
Usual suspects, JC, Paintsville, Lawrence Co., and Simpkins will have Pikeville right in the mix from the start. He did it at PBurg where baseball was below table tennis in terms of importance or funding.
Looking forward to freshmen Tait Lakin emerge as a top arm for the Panthers and in the 15th region. Young man has a very bright future.
Johnny Bender Wrote:Looking forward to freshmen Tait Lakin emerge as a top arm for the Panthers and in the 15th region. Young man has a very bright future.
Completely agree with this. Hopefully he stays injury free, so he can realize his full potential. Got a feeling he will be special. I never followed Simpkins Or Pburg close but knew he did a good job in a tough situation there. Hopefully he gets the support he needs at Pikeville, there’s always talent there.
PHSForever Wrote:Completely agree with this. Hopefully he stays injury free, so he can realize his full potential. Got a feeling he will be special. I never followed Simpkins Or Pburg close but knew he did a good job in a tough situation there. Hopefully he gets the support he needs at Pikeville, there’s always talent there.

He got the opposite of support at PBurg= ran out of town for basically being more successful than the football team.
2000PHS Wrote:He got the opposite of support at PBurg= ran out of town for basically being more successful than the football team.

Football people who basically ran the school couldn't stand it.
Some Frosh to keep an eye on according to Mid-America Prospects

Pikeville

Tate Larkin
Tate Walters

Paintsville

Zach Taylor
Explorer Wrote:Some Frosh to keep an eye on according to Mid-America Prospects

Pikeville

Tate Larkin
Tate Walters

Paintsville

Zach Taylor
Small correction. It’s Tait Lakin, not Larkin. And while he’s excellent, there will be several other very very good players in the 15th yet again. Should be really competitive. Also hearing Simpkins at Pikeville has several new players coming from the hallways that haven’t played in the past few years. Should have a solid roster with depth at pretty much every position on the diamond.

Pikeville also has one of their toughest schedules in recent memory for 2019. Very possible they will struggle during the season, but should be battle tested by playoff time.
I agree that we should see the same 4 teams again this year of Paintsville, Pikeville, Lawrence County and Johnson Central dominate the rest of the region.

I know Paintsville losing Mason Moore and Tanner Smith is going to be tough. They are pretty thin at pitcher with those two losses. They still have a lot of young talent though and Seth Williams is a stud. Pikeville is probably a year or so away but Coach Simpkins will immediately start improving that program. Lawrence County will be well coached with a good solid team across the board like they are every year. Johnson Central loses their two aces in Braxton Kelly and Tate Meade. But I expect Ryley Preece and Blake Delong to have monster years at the plate. Central was so reliant on their top 4 hitters last year so they really need some other players to step up to provide some balance.

Overall, it’s going to be another fun year in the 15th.
Mister D Wrote:I agree that we should see the same 4 teams again this year of Paintsville, Pikeville, Lawrence County and Johnson Central dominate the rest of the region.

I know Paintsville losing Mason Moore and Tanner Smith is going to be tough. They are pretty thin at pitcher with those two losses. They still have a lot of young talent though and Seth Williams is a stud. Pikeville is probably a year or so away but Coach Simpkins will immediately start improving that program. Lawrence County will be well coached with a good solid team across the board like they are every year. Johnson Central loses their two aces in Braxton Kelly and Tate Meade. But I expect Ryley Preece and Blake Delong to have monster years at the plate. Central was so reliant on their top 4 hitters last year so they really need some other players to step up to provide some balance.

Overall, it’s going to be another fun year in the 15th.

You forgot about Matt Combs transferring back to Floyd Central from Paintsville.
I believe JC, Paintsville, and Lawrence are the top 3 again this year. Who did JC and Lawrence lose from last yrs team that could slow them this year. Also who was the 15th Region Player of the Year last year. I never saw who won it.
Prolly be awhile before a team not named Johnson Central, Lawrence, Paintsville, Pikeville win the 15th.
BallFan1952 Wrote:You forgot about Matt Combs transferring back to Floyd Central from Paintsville.
You are right. I hadn’t heard that one. That leaves Paintsville with very little proven pitching. I don’t know if their offense is going to be good enough to overcome that.
Tigersfan Wrote:I believe JC, Paintsville, and Lawrence are the top 3 again this year. Who did JC and Lawrence lose from last yrs team that could slow them this year. Also who was the 15th Region Player of the Year last year. I never saw who won it.
I know JC lost their two main pitchers in Braxton Kelly and Tate Meade. Plus a 5 year starter at cactcher in Blake Gamble and another solid pitcher in Trevor May.
PHSForever Wrote:Small correction. It’s Tait Lakin, not Larkin. And while he’s excellent, there will be several other very very good players in the 15th yet again. Should be really competitive. Also hearing Simpkins at Pikeville has several new players coming from the hallways that haven’t played in the past few years. Should have a solid roster with depth at pretty much every position on the diamond.

Pikeville also has one of their toughest schedules in recent memory for 2019. Very possible they will struggle during the season, but should be battle tested by playoff time.
Shane will play anybody anywhere. Gotta give him credit for always scheduling with the big picture in mind. It will definitely be beneficial down the line for Pikeville.
Mister D Wrote:I know JC lost their two main pitchers in Braxton Kelly and Tate Meade. Plus a 5 year starter at cactcher in Blake Gamble and another solid pitcher in Trevor May.

What does Lawrence have this year? I heard they Lost 2 of the top players in the region to graduation.
Johnny Lemaster resigned at Ashland and his grandsons transferred back to to Paintsville.

This should should put Paintsville as the front runner in the 15th region with these kids replacing they lost from last years team.
Johnny or Craig gonna help Coach Crace?
How are they going to get eligible?
Lemasters grandsons? How will they get eligible?
WinkWinkler Wrote:Lemasters grandsons? How will they get eligible?

Like everyone else. They will move to Prestonsburg.TongueirateSho

Rumor has it they have already contacted an attorney to help get them eligible. Claiming they were "bullied" at Ashland bc of where they were from.
Fanman Wrote:Rumor has it they have already contacted an attorney to help get them eligible. Claiming they were "bullied" at Ashland bc of where they were from.

They really don’t need a reason. It’s paintsville
Nygfan106wins Wrote:They really don’t need a reason. It’s paintsville

Exactly.
Those boys are just moving back home 😎

Don’t be silly 💲💲💲
Ratliff & Collins kids will be great adds to the Tiger baseball team. With them & the kids coming back, Paintsville should be right @ the top of the region where they belong.....Should be no trouble getting those kids eligible🐯
It’s never an issue or problem getting kids eligible @ Paintsville
Is Walt Crace still the coach?
Considering they already have an address there it shouldn’t be too difficult to get eligible.
Pages: 1 2 3