Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 56th district
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any predictions on how the season will go?
Powell should be very solid with 3 returning starters: Lacy, Mcfarland and Jones. Although Estill may be right there with them. Owsley isnt far behind with losing Murrell, they still have Kendra Combs. Lee County should be alot more experienced after last year and should be alot better.
I agree with this. The 56th could definately be a toss up next season.
all the seniors the 56th district lost this year were huge assests to each team. but i'm sure with all the bball love of this district every one of these teams will make it a very interesting season Smile
Estill county did however lose a little to their team but they still how their best players that are young and experienced from playing varsity last year......2nd will be the lady owls yea they did lose murrell but they have combs and turner still in the mix also a new addition to the team from what the flying birds have been saying
powell lost anderson and tharpe last year both very good players but they have a great chance this year casue they still have so much talent
IMO........ I think Lee will be the upset team this year.
pickin'_n_grinnin Wrote:IMO........ I think Lee will be the upset team this year.
Actully lee is working togeter as a team i think they will have a loosing season and pull together right at the end and could possibly pull soemthing off .... but 56th disctric and 14th region is up in the air for grabs no one has it won just yet!
I think Owsley has the best team in the district this year.

They would have more than likely won it last year if Combs hadn't gone down with an injury half way through the 3rd quarter of their game with Powell County. She had about 20 points when she was injured and had to leave a very tight game. Owsley has everybody back from that team except Murrell.