Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region 2019 Preview Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please give me some Feedback
1. Corbin because they are the raining 13th Champs very good seniors and the strongest Juniors in the 13th Region. The New hitting Coach Estep on-board should help and they have new arms that will be joining an already nice Varsity staff.

2. Knox is right behind Corbin & I mean right behind them. Knox should have a great chance to win it all. Loaded with pitching & player overall. Can they have team harmony?????? Best varsity pitching staff in the 13th Region

3. Whitley.. The players, parents have bought in to the system as they should. Coach has done a great job and they work hard.

4. South Coach Smith will be in his second year and if they will stick behind Coach they will be really good in a year or two.

5. North Good Coaching and they have a decent mix of player, but they have lost some as well.

6. Clay will be Clay they can hit and scrappy

7.Williamsburg When Camo is on the Mound they are a top 3 team" if the can hit a little"

Then you will have the rest in the mix
B ville
Middlesboro
Jackson
Like I said in the other thread
Corbin
Knox
Whitley
Williamsburg
South
Clay
B ville
North
Estep is a major bonus. Senior class is probably one of the best ever. Wine is a major upgrade to the team, Philpot is a great manager and he will have pitching dialed in. Hounds will be much improved and should be best hitting and pitching team.
Knox has a good senior class, Payne is one of the best pitchers in the region.
Whitley and Williamsburg are both only as good as there number 1, they can beat anyone but Corbin or Knox .
Clay will hit with about anyone
B ville is my sleeper team.
South is young and with JJ going to get a late start because of basketball they will not come on till late in the year.
North I have heard kids aren’t going to play is why I have them so low.
Everyone else
Good reply and yes, South will get better later on, North will be fine, Knox I think would split with Corbin out of 10 games. The Shelton kid does a nice job for Whitley behind the plate and Dismuke on the mound they should be solid, plus they have Graham that should see a lot of innings.

The Reynolds kid is very solid behind the plate for Corbin and they should have good speed in the outfield although they lost the Harte kid in center.
Corbin might have best upperclassmen Sr/Jr in the Region They have some kids with strong arms in the field and on the mound, but not many innings.

Wburg has one strong pitcher, plus they have a Jr lefty in Manning that will help on the mound too.

Clay hits every year!

North has a nice 2nd baseman in Binder and Strong on the corner with Harbin. Nantz and Kelly will be the guy on the mound for North.
SEKYSports Wrote:Good reply and yes, South will get better later on, North will be fine, Knox I think would split with Corbin out of 10 games. The Shelton kid does a nice job for Whitley behind the plate and Dismuke on the mound they should be solid, plus they have Graham that should see a lot of innings.

The Reynolds kid is very solid behind the plate for Corbin and they should have good speed in the outfield although they lost the Harte kid in center.
Corbin might have best upperclassmen Sr/Jr in the Region They have some kids with strong arms in the field and on the mound, but not many innings.

Wburg has one strong pitcher, plus they have a Jr lefty in Manning that will help on the mound too.

Clay hits every year!

North has a nice 2nd baseman in Binder and Strong on the corner with Harbin. Nantz and Kelly will be the guy on the mound for North.

Totally agree with you on all players mentioned. With north they also have the freshman pitcher cant recall his name. Might add that Corbin also has major pop in the bat coming back in Estep, Taylor, Reynolds, Phillips, Wine, Allen and Steeley. Steeley, creekmore, and cooney coming back out will be three arms to go with Estep, Hicks and Allen. I look for Estep to run the gun up to 87-89 when on the hill.
All of those kids you mentioned should help Corbin.

Knox had a very very strong middle school group that was amazing, but they have started falling by the wayside some disgruntled folks.

I'm not sure what happened with the North group as they had a good Middle school group too.

Why are so many kids quitting high school baseball at some of theses "powerhouse schools" Are the kids that different nowadays? Word is that Ramey and Gosselin may not play baseball?

Corbin had one class (the current Sr or Jr class) that was state runner-up in middle school baseball and they had every position covered well. I had watched them and they was one of the strongest 8th grader classes I have ever seen.
SEKYSports Wrote:All of those kids you mentioned should help Corbin.

Knox had a very very strong middle school group that was amazing, but they have started falling by the wayside some disgruntled folks.

I'm not sure what happened with the North group as they had a good Middle school group too.

Why are so many kids quitting high school baseball at some of theses "powerhouse schools" Are the kids that different nowadays? Word is that Ramey and Gosselin may not play baseball?

Corbin had one class (the current Sr or Jr class) that was state runner-up in middle school baseball and they had every position covered well. I had watched them and they was one of the strongest 8th grader classes I have ever seen.

Gossilin is playing talked to Rameys dad last week and he will play most likely. Corbins jr class was state runner up. Sr class didn’t have Taylor, Estep, Reynolds playing in middle school. Baseball drops off so to speak if you look at the players on rosters. The senior group always competed against a different level of players than the jr class, this is not to take away anything from that group but when they was runner ups they didn’t have to deal with Ramey, Payne, edminson, Camo type players. That’s four of the top 5 pitchers in the region, hands down. The jr class does have some great players. This is just my opinion not worth a nickel.
It should be a fun 13th Region year.
Yes it should.
SEKYSports Wrote:Good reply and yes, South will get better later on, North will be fine, Knox I think would split with Corbin out of 10 games. The Shelton kid does a nice job for Whitley behind the plate and Dismuke on the mound they should be solid, plus they have Graham that should see a lot of innings.

Clay hits every year!

Kelley is not playing unfortunatley
Kelly from North has decided not to play?
SEKYSports Wrote:Kelly from North has decided not to play?

The last I had heard no he is not playing, not to worry I'm sure there will be a kid from the middle school who can take his place like last year.
Thats sad when the kids don't finish out playing for sure..13th should be fun once again.
Whitley County and Corbin are looking good early after one scrimmage. Whitley played Rockcastle and Corbin played Pulaski southwestern.
SEKYSports Wrote:Whitley County and Corbin are looking good early after one scrimmage. Whitley played Rockcastle and Corbin played Pulaski southwestern.

Go Colonels!