Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eddie Gran to Georgia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seen reports of Gran moving to Georgia. Anyone else heard or seen anything? Georgia lost their OC to Tennessee.
UGA ain't that dumb.
Give Gran a QB and let him work, he’s a great OC. His numbers anywhere other than UK proves that, that’s because he’s had someone that can throw the ball downfield also. Georgia would get away from that ground and pound style they have and would be a little more pass happy. If he left i have no idea who would step in at UK unless Stoops promotes the QB and that would be horrible lol
FoSho Wrote:UGA ain't that dumb.

Maybe they should bring you on staff. That should make them title contenders.

Gran hasn’t exactly had the most to work with here at QB. I would say he misses a QB that can throw against good teams.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Maybe they should bring you on staff. That should make them title contenders.

Gran hasn’t exactly had the most to work with here at QB. I would say he misses a QB that can throw against good teams.
Exactly sir. Grans problem is twofold. One, he doesn’t have a good arm to throw the ball, two is it’s hard to run the offense when the head coach is pulling the strings, it’s no secret that Stoops has always kept his OC’s running a conservative game plan or play calling. Look at Grans numbers while at Cincinnati or FSU, he can be a good OC. Look at the numbers for Neal Brown, and Dawson At UK and then at other places. It’s no coincidence they all turn to crap under this head coach. Not complaining about their season this year, but i would be shocked if they couldn’t have done this earlier had he stayed out of the OC way. Just my opinion
Now, Georgia would be able to recruit a QB capable of running Gran’s offense to his liking. Kentucky just never has had that prototypical QB but I think it’s coming if we continue to do things right like these past two years.
🙄
Honest question, do schools put in these coaches contracts that you cant leave for a conference school?
plantmanky Wrote:Honest question, do schools put in these coaches contracts that you cant leave for a conference school?

Nope.

Don't think there are any restrictions on player transfers either.
FoSho Wrote:Nope.

Don't think there are any restrictions on player transfers either.

Schools can restrict you from transferring to conference opponents.

Players that is .
That's dumb.
Agreed, I think the kids should be able to go wherever they want, they get 4-5 years and need to make the best of it where they see fit. Surely coaches would have some sort of NDA or something they would have to sign if they left for another conference school, especially one in the same division I would assume?
KSR just posted that Gran has been offered the OC position at Georgia. Hasn’t been a decision announced yet.
No way he turns this down. Total control without Stoops handcuffing him, and then having a QB that can throw the ball, and 5 stars on the field everywhere. Too much for UK to overcome to keep him. He will go to UGA and slaughter the East, then contend for a title
And just like that gran makes me a fool. Lol. He just turned down the Georgia job. Staying at UK. I can’t imagine why but good for him and UK. Maybe he made Stoops take the handcuffs off of him as part of the deal.
Gran has not been good at UK.
We can only hope Gran goes to UGA. It will send their offense back a few years. It's been mentioned on BGR before by another.

Even without a stellar QB an OC must utilize play action pass, use the : flats, TE, and seams to pass to and let's just say those weren't viable options as much as they should have been this past season. It's Gran job to ensure the offense can meet these very basic modes of success in college football!

Again it is my sincere hope Gran goes to GA. It wouldn't take much for a replacement to best his effort at UK. Snells success masked Grans shortcomings! For you Gran fans I understand he's a good guy, a players coach, and is easy to like...

I would have liked to see more delegation, and a more "dynamic" offense considering the norm this season. Cue me being critical...this post earns that!

:welcome:
Y’all behind p
I think UGA wanted him for those South Florida recruiting connections he has. That's all I can figure.