Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel @ Clay County 01-10-19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

Clay County 16-1
South Laurel 15-1
South by 6-8
I have South Laurel ranked #1 for a reason. TongueirateSho

South Laurel 72
Clay County 51
How long is Begley out?
South Laurel by 22
Corbin was a bad loss for Clay County. They can avenge themselves greatly with a win at home against South. Clay County may be the last big challenge South has before the tournaments. SL by 7.
Might make the trip to Manchester for this one, should be a good one.
rojas Wrote:Corbin was a bad loss for Clay County. They can avenge themselves greatly with a win at home against South. Clay County may be the last big challenge South has before the tournaments. SL by 7.

south still has frankfort at southwestern which has beat henry clay and madison central at madison central and cozart is def a matchup problem for south, north laurel at north is never easy either
ky playmaker Wrote:south still has frankfort at southwestern which has beat henry clay and madison central at madison central and cozart is def a matchup problem for south, north laurel at north is never easy either

Still have a home game with Corbin that will decide the 1 seed in the district too.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Still have a home game with Corbin that will decide the 1 seed in the district too.
whitley at whitley wont be easy either. they had corbin at corbin on the ropes other night
Only 10 posts in this thread,

Clay County 16-1
South Laurel 15-1
Ramey+Cromer= south by a bunch
ky playmaker Wrote:whitley at whitley wont be easy either. they had corbin at corbin on the ropes other night

Harlan Independent just blew out Whitley by about 20.
rojas Wrote:Harlan Independent just blew out Whitley by about 20.

Whitley is a strange team, some nights top 5 in region, some nights bottom 5. It was 3rd game in 4 days and coming off an emotional game against Corbin in which they lost a 7 point lead in the third, best player is beat up, plus long bus ride equals just lost legs and fell apart in the 4th. They are very dangerous and play extremely hard, especially on their home court. With that being said, South should win at Whitley but don't overlook them.
South Laurel will blow them out in Manchester.
my how things change with a few wins! last years season ended with a few sore heads Wanting to run coach off and would never have a team as long as coach was there. fast forward a few months and crazy talk about beating Scott County. Bad wagon getting full at Clay.
South by 15 unless stripes can stop it.
Tonight’s match is up between the two top teams in the region. Comparing each team’s schedule without the out-of-state opponents (both teams went undefeated), you get the following:

South Laurel
Opponents record: 116-88 57%
Best Wins: Simon Keaton (away), Harlan Co. (Cromer injured)
Lost: Scott County (16-1)

Clay County
Opponents record: 103-81 56%
Best Wins: Knox Central (away), Corbin (away)
Lost: Corbin (10-4)

Prior to the injuries, I thought Clay might have squeeze a 6-8 point victory at Bobby Keith Gymnasium. Now, I believe South Laurel captures the first victory between these two region opponents.
Maybe they’ll get the ref that used to be principal at Cawood. He loves to swallow the ole whistle when it comes to South. The other night it was South vs Harlan’s five on the court and the Harlan co ref. Gotta love 13th region officiating
Gunit24 Wrote:South by 15 unless stripes can stop it.

They’ll do their best, I can assure you of that. Ask North what happened after being tied with Clay in the second half.
Waiting on TIGERZ prediction :mop:
Despite records and injuries, the one key element for tonight, this game is in the Tiger Den! Welcome to the Jungle!
Big Red Machine Wrote:Despite records and injuries, the one key element for tonight, this game is in the Tiger Den! Welcome to the Jungle!

South getting ready to "Run Through the Jungle "!
-Talking to factions from both squads all I've heard is
(Oh we ain't gonna show'em nuttin)

-Sounds like they both may go zone and play stall ball with the second five.

-Erbody waiting to show folks what they really got during the tournament...

Lamont believes it's the old plan of banking excuses......

Quadruple overtime
SL 31
CC 27
Anyone going to update?
May not have service in that gym, barely get any in Corbin's gym when I'm there.
South L by 5