Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th region rankings 1-6-19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boys rankings
1. Paintsville
2. Shelby valley
3. Pikeville
4. Johnson central
5. Lawerence county
6. Magoffin county
7. Phelps
8. East ridge
9. Sheldon Clark
10. Prestonsburg
11. Pike county central
12. Belfry
13. Betsy layne
14. Floyd central
15. Jenkins
16. Piarist
Got to love these 1A schools in the 15th :Cheerlead
Pretty good rankings. Here's how I see it, FWIW.

1. Shelby Valley
2. Paintsville
3. Johnson Central
4. Pikeville
5. Lawrence County
6. Magoffin County
7. Pike Central
8. Phelps
9. Betsy Layne
10. Prestonsburg
11. Sheldon Clark
12. Belfry
13. East Ridge
14. Floyd Central
15. Jenkins
16. Piarist
Like the 14th, it seems that the 15th is down this year? What's going on in the 14th and 15th? I find it odd that class a schools, or close to it are atop both the 14th and 15th regions.
It’s not odd.

Look at where the majority of Shelby Valley, Pikeville, and Paintsville players or best players are from.

Hint - Betsy Layne, Pike Central, and Prestonsburg would all be really good......

I’ll also say that I don’t think any of those school do anything wrong and I’ll also ass those kids would be welcomed anywhere they went to school.
Go Blazers Go Wrote:Like the 14th, it seems that the 15th is down this year? What's going on in the 14th and 15th? I find it odd that class a schools, or close to it are atop both the 14th and 15th regions.

It's not really odd. There is a lot of tradition at those Class A schools. In my opinion the 15th is stronger than it was last year ,and will continue to trend in that direction for the next few years.
Appreciate the feedback... Being from the western part of the state it's interesting to see the small schools compete for regional titles. My School, UHA competes for regional titles but it's not the same as a small public school. The reality is that we draw from a 5 or 6a talent base and all of our sports have competed on a district and even regional basis. Heck, our track team had a state champ last year and will possibly compete for a team state title this year.
Paintsville will beat Shelby valley. I have watched both play. You will see in the all A tournament. Paintsville has a better bench and better guards
Go Blazers Go Wrote:Appreciate the feedback... Being from the western part of the state it's interesting to see the small schools compete for regional titles. My School, UHA competes for regional titles but it's not the same as a small public school. The reality is that we draw from a 5 or 6a talent base and all of our sports have competed on a district and even regional basis. Heck, our track team had a state champ last year and will possibly compete for a team state title this year.

I can remember back in the early 90’s UHA had approx 50 kids in the school and 10 of them could dunk. Lol
Go Blazers Go Wrote:Appreciate the feedback... Being from the western part of the state it's interesting to see the small schools compete for regional titles. My School, UHA competes for regional titles but it's not the same as a small public school. The reality is that we draw from a 5 or 6a talent base and all of our sports have competed on a district and even regional basis. Heck, our track team had a state champ last year and will possibly compete for a team state title this year.

One of my favorite high school teams growing up. A lot of talent in the 90's at UHA. Lamont Barnes, Isaiah Victor, Harold Swanagan(Sp) Greg and Andre Buckner and Michel Forest among others. Those teams were fun to watch.
Everyone's rankings looks good to me.
Here's my middle of the season breakdown how I see it

Top 5 Teams
1. Paintsville
2. Shelby Valley
3. Pikeville
4. Johnson Central
5. Lawrence County

Player of the year:
Cody Potter (Shelby Valley)

Coach of the Year:
Travis York (Lawrence County)

I know this will cause some heated debates but the truth is the truth and it happens

Possible job opening:
Floyd Central (that's a given)
Belfry
East Ridge (only because of health issues)