Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Zach Watterson Breaks Lee County Single Game Scoring Record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm way late on this because I was on vacation, but I wanted to recognize this young man for absolutely shattering a very long time standing record for Lee County Boys Basketball!

Lee County found themselves down by 20 at halftime against Cumberland Homeschool, Zach went off in the 2nd half bringing the Bobcats thundering back to tie the game in just over 6 minutes, leading them to an eventual overtime victory(104-90), totaling 68 points!! Zach was 7 for 16(43.8%) from 3, 18 for 23(78.3%) from 2, and 11 for 13(84.6%) from the free throw line.

The previous record was 52 points set by Frank Moore against Magoffin Baptist Institute in 1960!
Wow congrats to Zach
wow, now thats impressive by any standard. Congrats young man
Wow that’s a lot of points
I forgot to mention that he is only in 8th grade.
LeeCoUKFan, by no means am I saying anything bad about Coach Purdue or Lee County basketball but do you think that after the season is over, that they will put coach Watterson as the boys head coach to coach his son?
Congratulations!
Strikeout King Wrote:LeeCoUKFan, by no means am I saying anything bad about Coach Purdue or Lee County basketball but do you think that after the season is over, that they will put coach Watterson as the boys head coach to coach his son?

I think that decision will ultimately be left up to Coach Perdue. I've not heard any rumblings about it, but there's always a chance he could go back to being an assistant coach and let Matt take over or even just do a swap.
We discussed this in this weeks podcast.