Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job: Lexington Christian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LCA is open after Coach Ethan Atchley left to take the Bullitt East job.
Hmmm... this is big news, I expect them to be Mayfield's biggest hurtle in a state title next year. Threy were young and going to be pretty good
Yeah, I agree. Someone explain this move. Why leave Lexington Christian for Bullitt East? There has to be something to it.
Public school money and retirement.
Westside Wrote:Yeah, I agree. Someone explain this move. Why leave Lexington Christian for Bullitt East? There has to be something to it.

It was known at LCA he wasnt staying much longer, he was very open with LCA about that.

He left LCA 1000% better than when he got there, they will be fine.

LCA has 2 coaches on staff that I hope they consider. I also think there will be a few names outside LCA interested.
interesting
Strikeout King Wrote:LCA is open after Coach Ethan Atchley left to take the Bullitt East job.
Surprising. Who will they replace him with?
plantmanky Wrote:It was known at LCA he wasnt staying much longer, he was very open with LCA about that.

He left LCA 1000% better than when he got there, they will be fine.

LCA has 2 coaches on staff that I hope they consider. I also think there will be a few names outside LCA interested.

Who? Smile
Could be a very attractive situation for a young coach wanting some exposure. Being a Mayfield fan I looked over who had what coming back and they drew my attention as a strong possible to be the Eastern 2A favorite to make it to the state title game.
Westside Wrote:Yeah, I agree. Someone explain this move. Why leave Lexington Christian for Bullitt East? There has to be something to it.

Nothing shady going on. 2nd year principal is former Boyle county coach who won 7 rings with the Rebels and is ready to make BE relevant again. I give the young coach credit. Big challenge ahead and will make a big name for himself if he can get BE competitive in 6A.
A huge class jump and hopefully he has a couple of connections. It would have been nice to see him at LCA one more year.
64black&gold Wrote:Nothing shady going on. 2nd year principal is former Boyle county coach who won 7 rings with the Rebels and is ready to make BE relevant again. I give the young coach credit. Big challenge ahead and will make a big name for himself if he can get BE competitive in 6A.

it looks like they are putting the right pieces together to be competitive.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Hmmm... this is big news, I expect them to be Mayfield's biggest hurtle in a state title next year. Threy were young and going to be pretty good

Well....their freshman/Jv group didn’t look terrible....however....their varsity squad was a flat mess. Trying to Run the spread with limited size and athleticism. IMO, LCA looks like a full rebuilding job
This job could have David Jones name on it!!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Well....their freshman/Jv group didn’t look terrible....however....their varsity squad was a flat mess. Trying to Run the spread with limited size and athleticism. IMO, LCA looks like a full rebuilding job

I think so too, but they have lots of potential with the right hire.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Could be a very attractive situation for a young coach wanting some exposure. Being a Mayfield fan I looked over who had what coming back and they drew my attention as a strong possible to be the Eastern 2A favorite to make it to the state title game.

They are in the West now. Not that it matters as we are re-seeding the Semis this year.
The varsity was 9-4 and ranked #5 in the class at the end of the season.
How many starters do they return?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:How many starters do they return?

Everyone but 4. 100% of their skill players. They have a really good sophomore and freshman class. Last year should of been LCA’s down year. Many picked them to only win a couple of games, at best be .500. A lot of young players saw quality minutes.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Well....their freshman/Jv group didn’t look terrible....however....their varsity squad was a flat mess. Trying to Run the spread with limited size and athleticism. IMO, LCA looks like a full rebuilding job

Not sure who you were watching. Maybe early in the season? They were really young at the varsity level and got better and better as the year went on. They had big losses to Pikeville, Catholic, and Somerset but then came down to losing to Somerset in the regional finals by 1 point. Since a lot of young kids played varsity their JV/ freshman team had a lot of kids that would normally play at that level not play.

This team has huge potential for who ever is the next head coach. Coach Atchley rebuilt the program and left it in really good shape.
Doug Charles has been named Head Coach at LCA. Congrats to Coach Charles and the LCA football program!
Cobraxx Wrote:Doug Charles has been named Head Coach at LCA. Congrats to Coach Charles and the LCA football program!

What do we know about Coach Charles?

He inherits a team that while probably will not be the favorite, it should be a #2-5 ranked team is my guess. I really expected them to get to the title game but with a new unknown coach hard to say. My interest is keen because I am obviously a Mayfield guy and we return 16 starters so we have a good chance at playing them
Cobraxx Wrote:Doug Charles has been named Head Coach at LCA. Congrats to Coach Charles and the LCA football program!

I think this is a smart move by LCA. Coach Charles led these kids in Middle School, and was on the Varsity Staff this year. Most of the Assistants are staying on board as well from what I hear.

LCA wont skip a beat.
Lexington Christian Academy (LCA) announced today that it has hired Doug Charles as its new football coach. Charles has 38 years of football coaching experience and has spent the last 8 years in the LCA football program.

“I’m extremely honored and excited to be selected to lead the magnificent football program at LCA. This amazing academy is such a special place and I look forward to continuing the rich tradition of LCA football. I welcome the challenge of keeping this storied program in the great shape it is in today. Most of all, I look forward to continuing to serve our awesome young men and their families.” stated Coach Charles.

Charles was a four-year letterman in football at Pikeville High School. In 1978, he led the state of Kentucky in scoring and was a key player in his team's 12-1 season and regional championship. Charles began his coaching career in 1980 and coached at a variety of places before he was asked to be involved in the LCA program back in 2011. In 2017, he was selected as the National Volunteer Coach of the Year by the Blanton Collier Sportsmanship Group.

“We are thrilled to have Doug lead our football program at LCA”, stated LCA Director of Athletics Terry Johnson. “Doug is a man of deep faith that can pour into the young men in our program as well as continue the tradition of excellence on the field. We are ready to support him in every way possible to be successful here and we’re excited about the future of LCA Football.”
Cobraxx Wrote:Lexington Christian Academy (LCA) announced today that it has hired Doug Charles as its new football coach. Charles has 38 years of football coaching experience and has spent the last 8 years in the LCA football program.

“I’m extremely honored and excited to be selected to lead the magnificent football program at LCA. This amazing academy is such a special place and I look forward to continuing the rich tradition of LCA football. I welcome the challenge of keeping this storied program in the great shape it is in today. Most of all, I look forward to continuing to serve our awesome young men and their families.” stated Coach Charles.

Charles was a four-year letterman in football at Pikeville High School. In 1978, he led the state of Kentucky in scoring and was a key player in his team's 12-1 season and regional championship. Charles began his coaching career in 1980 and coached at a variety of places before he was asked to be involved in the LCA program back in 2011. In 2017, he was selected as the National Volunteer Coach of the Year by the Blanton Collier Sportsmanship Group.

“We are thrilled to have Doug lead our football program at LCA”, stated LCA Director of Athletics Terry Johnson. “Doug is a man of deep faith that can pour into the young men in our program as well as continue the tradition of excellence on the field. We are ready to support him in every way possible to be successful here and we’re excited about the future of LCA Football.”

:Thumbs:
This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read
Ridiculous
So who in charge of coaching thur the playoff
Look at the dates. This is old. Charles is still head coach at LCA
Pages: 1 2