Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dale Jr's Sister Calling the Shots...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While Dale Earnhardt Jr. took the week off to relax, his sister was busy sorting out offers of employment for NASCAR's most popular driver. Kelley Earnhardt Elledge said Friday she has spoken to several teams and is prioritizing the options based on the best fit for Earnhardt. Elledge, who is Junior's business manager, said the focus is currently on top Chevrolet teams, followed by everyone else. Elledge said that fielding his own Nextel Cup team out of JR Motorsports, the team Earnhardt owns, is "a last resort.

Three of the top four Chevrolet teams -- RCR, Joe Gibbs Racing and Ginn Racing -- have indicated a desire to speak to Earnhardt. Only Hendrick Motorsports, winner of eight of the past nine races this season, has been silent on the issue.

J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing, said last week that he'd like to talk to Earnhardt but indicated it might not be a good fit. JGR promotes a family values image, and Gibbs said the organization would have a hard time accepting Budweiser, Earnhardt's longtime sponsor.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story...id=2874690
I love to see him get hooked up with Joe Gibbs!
I read somewhere else Hendrick isn't "silent" - they have a "full stable" and don't have room for an aditional driver - remember, NASCAR isn't allowing 6 and 7 cars per owner anymore.
I'd like to see Jr and Tony start a team together, that would be sweet.
Redneck Wrote:I'd like to see Jr and Tony start a team together, that would be sweet.
JR.motor sports and add Truex Jr to mix.
VHSL-helper Wrote:I read somewhere else Hendrick isn't "silent" - they have a "full stable" and don't have room for an aditional driver - remember, NASCAR isn't allowing 6 and 7 cars per owner anymore.

It wouldn't surprise me though to see them get out of Mears' committment if they had a chance to land Junior. Maybe that's why they've been quiet. You are right though, teams are limited to 4 cars.