Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Donovan Closing a 7-Year Contract Extension...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Florida basketball coach Billy Donovan, who led the Gators to back-to-back national championships this past season and then turned down a lucrative offer to become Kentucky's coach, is close to signing a seven-year contract extension with the Gators that will pay him an average of more than $3.5 million per season. It is believed the contract would make Donovan the highest-paid coach in college basketball history, at least in terms of guaranteed money.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2874094
And Kentucky offered a similar seven-year contract, guaranteeing him $2.8 million a year and giving him the possibility to earn $3.5 million a year with performance incentives.
Now Florida will be paying the football coach some big money to...lol
Florida should keep checkbook close because Urban will not stand for this.
bad move. the gators will only be good for about 2 to 3 more years. sadly, i love florida.
i heard this STRICTLY as a rumor at work, and like I said, I have NO credible sources as far as media is concerned, but is Donovan going to interview for the Orlando Magic job on Monday?? I had heard that he was offered full control of the organization..just wondering if anybody had heard this??? Because I havent seen anywhere that this has been mentioned recently, just wondering..
I actually heard the same thing
Florida wont make it to a Final Four in the next 5 years.