Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ZZ Top Concert At Expo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did anyone go? Was it good, and was it sold out?
I had a friend that went and got really drunk and she told me that it was overrated...lol
I wasn't there and don't know how the concert went but I have heard that several things were stolen from ZZ Top's dressing room that night including a rock and roll hall of fame ring and a wallet among other things. What a good impression this will make about Pikeville, Ky. :o
I had a friend that went and he said that they sounded good but you could tell that they were old...lol.
yeah if thats true, then some oxycontin dealer has some pretty cool stuff..pathetic. I just hope that isnt true, but it wouldnt surprise me one bit..
SVcatfan Wrote:I wasn't there and don't know how the concert went but I have heard that several things were stolen from ZZ Top's dressing room that night including a rock and roll hall of fame ring and a wallet among other things. What a good impression this will make about Pikeville, Ky. :o
Yeah I heard that the concert wasnt as good as advertised. But I didnt hear anything about the stuff that was stolen.
From what I heard about $39,000 worth of stuff was stolen.
It's true. Apparently, you have to have a key to access the dressing room area from the elevator. So someone has a key also.
Uh, where is the SECURITY AT?
cig107 Wrote:I had a friend that went and got really drunk and she told me that it was overrated...lol
and we're supposed to listen to her why????

Overrated according to someone who got really drunk!!!!
Rolleyes
SVcatfan Wrote:I wasn't there and don't know how the concert went but I have heard that several things were stolen from ZZ Top's dressing room that night including a rock and roll hall of fame ring and a wallet among other things. What a good impression this will make about Pikeville, Ky. :o
hope this is not true if it is another black eye.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Uh, where is the SECURITY AT?

Possibilities:

Someone on security stole the stuff.

Someone on security let their buddies backstage.

Security was too busy watching the show to notice.

The security was understaffed and no one was around.

Someone kung fu chopped the security guard and stole the stuff.

Usually green rooms are right off stage and locked when the artists are not in there. Seems to me like someone had to know the layout of the place, etc.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Possibilities:

Someone on security stole the stuff.

Someone on security let their buddies backstage.

Security was too busy watching the show to notice.

The security was understaffed and no one was around.

Someone kung fu chopped the security guard and stole the stuff.

Usually green rooms are right off stage and locked when the artists are not in there. Seems to me like someone had to know the layout of the place, etc.

I will go with the last choice ; )
I was there and even though the music was a little ahead of my time I thought it was still pretty cool. Good classic rock. Ya gotta respect your past before you understand the future (of rock of course!).
Some opening band played for a half-hour, but I don't even know what their name was. Most of their songs sounded just alike. It was funny, though, because some chick in the front row was really into them and dancing around. It was almost as if she was under the influence of some adult beverages... Big Grin
More Cowbell Wrote:Some opening band played for a half-hour, but I don't even know what their name was. Most of their songs sounded just alike. It was funny, though, because some chick in the front row was really into them and dancing around. It was almost as if she was under the influence of some adult beverages... Big Grin

Actually, I thought see was dancing around like she was on ecstasy Cool
Seriously though it was a great show and I really enjoyed watching alot of the older people get into it.
Hope that the Expo gets some shows for the summer. It would be hilarious if they could get Metallica one of these years (also Motley Crue or ACDC)
Why would it be hilarious to get Metallica? It would be the most awesome thing the Expo could ever get, they are pretty much the best band ever.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Why would it be hilarious to get Metallica? It would be the most awesome thing the Expo could ever get, they are pretty much the best band ever.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT saying that it would be the coolest thing ever to get the best band ever to come here (Metallica)!! I just don't know if a band that is still that big will come to our expo. Especially after the repuation we will have for the idiot would stole all that stuff from ZZ Top (yes it is true).

However I never really thought that we would be able to get Godsmack either so you never know.
:rockon:
Can anyone confirm the stolen items?
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Seriously though it was a great show and I really enjoyed watching alot of the older people get into it.
Hope that the Expo gets some shows for the summer. It would be hilarious if they could get Metallica one of these years (also Motley Crue or ACDC)

We might get Metallica 10 years from now when they are close to retirement. The Expo usually either gets newer bands still on their way up, or older bands past their prime. I guess Metallica might fall into the latter category, but they are still probably too big a name to come to Pikeville.

That said, they are the greatest band of all time, and if they ever did come here I would have to set up residence next to the ticket window until they went on sale!
thetribe Wrote:Can anyone confirm the stolen items?

I think some diamond rings and necklaces (rockstar things Cool ) about $35,000 worth of stuff. My brother read it on a website ( he is at work so I can ask him tomorrow), but the whole town is talking about and it has pop up on this message board a few times. I know that it don't really sound credible or anything but with the amount of thugs and crazy people around here it does sound like something that would eventually happen.

I guess we won't be seeing ZZ Top around here any more (especially now that the bassist has a tumor on his ear).
More Cowbell Wrote:We might get Metallica 10 years from now when they are close to retirement. The Expo usually either gets newer bands still on their way up, or older bands past their prime. I guess Metallica might fall into the latter category, but they are still probably too big a name to come to Pikeville.

That said, they are the greatest band of all time, and if they ever did come here I would have to set up residence next to the ticket window until they went on sale!

I heard that! I would be right down there with you standing in line with people backed all the way down to the hospital! I really hope that the next time that they go on tour they would consider coming here, I know it would sell out in a heart beat. Godsmack, Staind and I guess Kid Rock (who I hate!!!) are all bands I never really thought would come to the expo so you never know. We may get Metallica the next time they go on tour!
I HOPE!
When your security is ex-convicts themselves it is no surprise that stuff was stolen, as I know of 2 ex-drug dealers and a child molester that work there.........

If you do not believe me look here to see if anyone looks familiar - http://kspsor.state.ky.us/
James "Peanut" Ford
Gender - Male
Ethnicity - African American
Age - 42

Child Molester of a 13 year old girl, and a former drug dealer.

And yes, he works for the Expo Center
BoondockSaint Wrote:James "Peanut" Ford
Gender - Male
Ethnicity - African American
Age - 42

Child Molester of a 13 year old girl, and a former drug dealer.

And yes, he works for the Expo Center

Ouch! That does not look good for the image of he expo center. I wondering if anything can be done about now that ZZ Top is probably ticked off about their stuff.
I just how something like this does not keep other bands away...
NEXT Wrote:When your security is ex-convicts themselves it is no surprise that stuff was stolen, as I know of 2 ex-drug dealers and a child molester that work there.........

If you do not believe me look here to see if anyone looks familiar - http://kspsor.state.ky.us/

ALL of the security is not bad, my brother in law works there as security. He was outside where the buses were for a while and then he went inside, close to the stage during most of the concert. He said there was no one stationed outside of the dressing room. I guess they were supposedly locked, but locks will only keep and honest man out. They need to be checking the local pawn shops and maybe e Bay.
I really enjoyed the concert. The first band was alright. ZZ Top was awesome. I wasn't much of a fan of theres but they put on a real good show.

As for the stolen items, I didn't even know about that till just now.
SVcatfan Wrote:ALL of the security is not bad, my brother in law works there as security. He was outside where the buses were for a while and then he went inside, close to the stage during most of the concert. He said there was no one stationed outside of the dressing room. I guess they were supposedly locked, but locks will only keep and honest man out. They need to be checking the local pawn shops and maybe e Bay.

I was going to say the same thing. Not everyone who works there is an ex-con or thief, I'm sure there are honest, hard-working people on the staff.

As for the stolen items, someone would have to be a complete idiot to put that up on eBay. They could trace that back in no time.

I would expect that someone is keeping these items as souvenirs, at least for a while.
Did anyone think they played better live or on stage at the VH1 rock honors?
No, I don't think whoever stole them are keeping them as souvenir's. An idiot to do something like that is once again probably doing it to buy some or trade for some pills. Just freakin' ridiculous! And we wonder why we have the image we do!
Pages: 1 2