Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your favorite NASCAR Tracks...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just was wondering what everyones favorite was...

Mine

1. Pocono
2. New Hampshire
3. Martinsville
4. Sonoma
5. Watkins Glen

Least Favorite

1. Talledega
2. Bristol
3. Daytona
4. Charlotte
5. Richmond
Favorite
Talledega
Daytona
Darlington
Texas
Atlanta

Least Favorite
Bristol
Martinsville
New Hampshire
Dover
Infinion
Waltkins Glen
I love the atmosphere of Darlington(OLD SCHOOL AND HISTORY). Love the go with the flow attitude at Martinsville.. BRISTOL IS BRISTOL! Charlotte has the nicest facilitiy in NASCAR IMO! Daytona is boring but still have attended over 10 races there. Talledega is a redneck marti-gras. Atlanta is INSANE and too hectic..NOT WORTH THE TRIP! These are the only tracks I have attended..
i like them all but Bristol and Lowes motorspeedway are my favorities and road courses stink.
FreakNasty Wrote:Just was wondering what everyones favorite was...

Mine

1. Pocono
2. New Hampshire
3. Martinsville
4. Sonoma
5. Watkins Glen

Least Favorite

1. Talledega
2. Bristol
3. Daytona
4. Charlotte
5. Richmond

Flip your favs/least favs and you have mine...I like Bristol, Daytona, Talledega, Richmond (night race), Atlanta, Brickyard, Martinsville, Texas...

I don't like the cookie cutter tracks like California, Chicagoland, Kansas, or Las Vegas. Not a fan of Pocono, Michigan, Sonoma (Watkins Glen is the best road course), Homestead, Phoenix.

They need to drop one of the races in Pocono and move to Kentucky Speedway. But with the KY Speedway track owner suing NASCAR for not delivering on a NEXTEL race, don't look for that to happen anytime soon.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Flip your favs/least favs and you have mine...I like Bristol, Daytona, Talledega, Richmond (night race), Atlanta, Brickyard, Martinsville, Texas...

I don't like the cookie cutter tracks like California, Chicagoland, Kansas, or Las Vegas. Not a fan of Pocono, Michigan, Sonoma (Watkins Glen is the best road course), Homestead, Phoenix.

They need to drop one of the races in Pocono and move to Kentucky Speedway. But with the KY Speedway track owner suing NASCAR for not delivering on a NEXTEL race, don't look for that to happen anytime soon.

Mine is the exact same way... I was doing it to see if anyone would pick up on what the most boring tracks are... Smile

I do think Pocono is alright though, I like the two races there...

I think Rockingham should be brought back onto the schedule, and the Rock and Dover should both have 500 mile races...
FreakNasty Wrote:Mine is the exact same way... I was doing it to see if anyone would pick up on what the most boring tracks are... Smile

I do think Pocono is alright though, I like the two races there...

I think Rockingham should be brought back onto the schedule, and the Rock and Dover should both have 500 mile races...

You freak...Smile

Too bad NASCAR doesn't bring back a "classic track" once a season for a special race like bring back Rockingham one year, then Ontario Speedway in California (if it's still there). Nashville Speedway, Bethlehem PA Speedway, Greensboro...
Bristol, Martinsville, Charlotte, Darlington and Richmond are my favorite tracks..
Vegas, California, Kansas, Chicago and Homestead are my least favs..
yeah really, thats because Mr. France has decided to take the "classic" tracks and replace those races with 4 hour snoozers in Vegas, as well as Kansas and Chicagoland..tracks 800 feet wide..Im a huge NASCAR fan, but it dont even bother me to miss those races if I have too, lol..Bring back the Rock! but that was a good post, I agree totally..
jammin' jamey Wrote:You freak...Smile

Too bad NASCAR doesn't bring back a "classic track" once a season for a special race like bring back Rockingham one year, then Ontario Speedway in California (if it's still there). Nashville Speedway, Bethlehem PA Speedway, Greensboro...
Stop with all the cookie cutter tracks. Michigan has to be the most boring race I have ever watched. What is it 5 lanes wide? Not really any skill involved there.

Give me Bristol, Martinsville, Darlington, Sonoma and Watkins Glen. Those tracks really show talent because they are so tough to race on.
i went to race in Rockingham it was a great track bring it back.
you said it brother..its all about France and globalizing (or going national with it)..it dont matter what kind of track, as long as the race is in that part of the country, then the track serves its purpose..and in the process it has taken some of the best races off of the circuit..
Midee1 Wrote:Stop with all the cookie cutter tracks. Michigan has to be the most boring race I have ever watched. What is it 5 lanes wide? Not really any skill involved there.

Give me Bristol, Martinsville, Darlington, Sonoma and Watkins Glen. Those tracks really show talent because they are so tough to race on.
www.racing-reference.com is a great website to look at how long and great the races at those old tracks were... makes the drivers now look like The Busch Brothers...
Bristol
Martinsville
Richmond
Darlington
Talladega
I miss Wilkesboro too.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Bristol
Martinsville
Richmond
Darlington
Talladega
I miss Wilkesboro too.

North Wilkesboro - that's what I was trying to think of when I said "Greensboro".

NASCAR big boys have raced in Kentucky once. At Corbin and I believe Lee Petty won the race and it was years ago...
Anything but a road course....lol.
My Favorites:
Bristol
Talladega
Lowes(Charlotte)
Daytona
Richmond
Atlanta

Least Favorites:
New Hampshire
Martinsville
Las Vegas
All the short tracks! With Bristol being my favorite!
Bristol
Lowe's
Daytona
Talladega
Darlington
I have been to:
Bristol
Charlotte
Talladega
Indianapolis

My least favorite of those to actually watch a race is Indy. You can't see anything there no matter where your seats are. My next to least favorite is Bristol. Although you can see the track clearly, the racing there isn't as intense as it used to be. No room to pass or anything. Though I have heard the new pavement put down at Bristol will give it a multi-grove race. Have to wait and see how that turns out. Talladega was a good track to be at. Could see most of the action on the track. Only fault is the race tends to get a little boring if no accidents are occuring. The good thing is you never know who will win. Charlotte is by far the best track I have ever been to. The facilities is top notch. Clean track, restrooms, etc. You can view the entire track, and the racing can get pretty intense. I have been to Charlotte each of the past 3 years and this weekend will make my 4th year in a row. Can't wait to see how the 600 shakes up. The 600 is by far my favorite race of the year.

As far as watching them on TV, I enjoy the road courses for some reason. Alot goes on, and it takes talent to drive there. Plus Tony usually does good at them so I have to like road courses. Richmond is ok, I like Daytona, and I like Darlington. I don't have the patience to watch Martinsville, Michigan, Phoenix, or Pocono.