Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2) Clemson 30 (3) Notre Dame 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This should be a real embarrassment for the college playoff experts who put this teams in the top four. Notre Dame should never been an option to be in the playoff because they don’t have a conference and never have to win a conference championship. And they barely squeaked by two terrible teams during this undefeated season.
Irish are a media creation.
Spud6 Wrote:This should be a real embarrassment for the college playoff experts who put this teams in the top four. Notre Dame should never been an option to be in the playoff because they don’t have a conference and never have to win a conference championship. And they barely squeaked by two terrible teams during this undefeated season.

That is exactly what I have been posting on here all season. Notre Dame is the spoiled child of college football. They are always going to be given a free ride when they don't deserve one. Bama and Saban exposed Notre Dame and Kelly in the title game in 2012. Dabo and company did so again tonight. Everyone was saying the system was flawed and broken until the CFP was established. Well this season the system failed because only two teams deserved to play for the title, Bama and Clemson. I'm tired of seeing these same two teams play, but it is what it is.
Alabama and Clemson deserve everything they get.

Every year I'm convinced it should be Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and North Dakota State. 😬
FoSho Wrote:Alabama and Clemson deserve everything they get.

Every year I'm convinced it should be Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and North Dakota State. 😬

I'm not convinced North Dakota State couldn't beat Notre Dame.
Way to go Tigers!
Spud6 Wrote:This should be a real embarrassment for the college playoff experts who put this teams in the top four. Notre Dame should never been an option to be in the playoff because they don’t have a conference and never have to win a conference championship. And they barely squeaked by two terrible teams during this undefeated season.

I would put Kentucky with or above some of these teams if they had a little more offense.

Westside Wrote:That is exactly what I have been posting on here all season. Notre Dame is the spoiled child of college football. They are always going to be given a free ride when they don't deserve one. Bama and Saban exposed Notre Dame and Kelly in the title game in 2012. Dabo and company did so again tonight. Everyone was saying the system was flawed and broken until the CFP was established. Well this season the system failed because only two teams deserved to play for the title, Bama and Clemson. I'm tired of seeing these same two teams play, but it is what it is.
2016. Mean anything to you guys? I'll refresh your memory. Clemson 31 Ohio State 0. OSU didn't play for a conference championship, still made the playoffs based on their record. Still got destroyed. OSU barely squeaked by two terrible teams that season. Neither them or the Irish got a free ride, they earned it. Be honest, just admit you hate the Irish.
Should've been Georgia!!!
RTS Wrote:2016. Mean anything to you guys? I'll refresh your memory. Clemson 31 Ohio State 0. OSU didn't play for a conference championship, still made the playoffs based on their record. Still got destroyed. OSU barely squeaked by two terrible teams that season. Neither them or the Irish got a free ride, they earned it. Be honest, just admit you hate the Irish.

I literally have no care in the world about the Irish and whether they win or lose. I hate Duke, Louisville, and North Carolina. But you can’t tell me they were better than Georgia and Oklahoma because they went undefeated during the season.
No surprise here other than the margin of victory! Not sure if the Tigers have enough to beat Bama but I'll be rooting for them.

Have always been a big Dabo fan!
RTS Wrote:2016. Mean anything to you guys? I'll refresh your memory. Clemson 31 Ohio State 0. OSU didn't play for a conference championship, still made the playoffs based on their record. Still got destroyed. OSU barely squeaked by two terrible teams that season. Neither them or the Irish got a free ride, they earned it. Be honest, just admit you hate the Irish.
They didn't earn anything.
Granny Bear Wrote:Should've been Georgia!!!

That's exactly right. Notre Dame couldn't hang with The Dawgs.
Spirit100 Wrote:No surprise here other than the margin of victory! Not sure if the Tigers have enough to beat Bama but I'll be rooting for them.

Have always been a big Dabo fan!

I like Dabo, too.
Spud6 Wrote:I literally have no care in the world about the Irish and whether they win or lose. I hate Duke, Louisville, and North Carolina. But you can’t tell me they were better than Georgia and Oklahoma because they went undefeated during the season.
I'm not telling you that. I'm telling you they belonged because they went undefeated and based on their schedule that's why they got in. That's how it works. If Georgia would have beat LSU, I think they would have been in and either ND or OU would have been out. As it played out, they belonged. Just because they got smoked doesn't mean they didn't belong. OSU got smoked slightly worse By Clemson 2 years ago, but OSU belonged then too.
Granny Bear Wrote:Should've been Georgia!!!
If they would have beat LSU, it would have been. They would have given them a better game too.
pjdoug Wrote:That's exactly right. Notre Dame couldn't hang with The Dawgs.
Oh really? 2017 Georgia vs Notre Dame.

[Image: DJVQm4uVwAEGjFU.jpg]
pjdoug Wrote:They didn't earn anything.

:thatsfunn
RTS Wrote:I'm not telling you that. I'm telling you they belonged because they went undefeated and based on their schedule that's why they got in. That's how it works. If Georgia would have beat LSU, I think they would have been in and either ND or OU would have been out. As it played out, they belonged. Just because they got smoked doesn't mean they didn't belong. OSU got smoked slightly worse By Clemson 2 years ago, but OSU belonged then too.

I just don’t believe they should’ve gotten in off of that. I know the ACC has sucked this year other than Clemson. But everyone still has to play high pressure games such as acc rivals and even the conference championship games. And Notre Dame doesn’t play a high pressure game all season in those terms because they are in no conference. A lot of times, in those big games any team can win and that’s just how it happens. Doesn’t seem to happen as much with just regular season games and that’s why I say Notre Dame doesn’t deserve it.
I think they got it right. after all the #1 and #2 teams proved they are the 2 top teams in the country.

Georgia proved they didnt belong in the playoffs with their performance in the SEC Championship game.
Spud6 Wrote:I just don’t believe they should’ve gotten in off of that. I know the ACC has sucked this year other than Clemson. But everyone still has to play high pressure games such as acc rivals and even the conference championship games. And Notre Dame doesn’t play a high pressure game all season in those terms because they are in no conference. A lot of times, in those big games any team can win and that’s just how it happens. Doesn’t seem to happen as much with just regular season games and that’s why I say Notre Dame doesn’t deserve it.

I think it works against the Irish more than it helps them. They pretty much have to go undefeated to make the playoffs. If they would have lost a game this season, they would have been outside looking in.
1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State
5) Oklahoma
6) LSU
7) Notre Dame
8) Michigan

At seasons end. I liked this.
RTS Wrote:Oh really? 2017 Georgia vs Notre Dame.

[Image: DJVQm4uVwAEGjFU.jpg]

You are stuck in the past. This is 2019.
RTS Wrote::thatsfunn

Notre Dame is mediocre. They would lose several games with a SEC schedule.
pjdoug Wrote:You are stuck in the past. This is 2019.

LOL, it was last season.... Looks like they hung pretty well.
pjdoug Wrote:Notre Dame is mediocre. They would lose several games with a SEC schedule.

So would most teams.

Roll Tide!
RTS Wrote:So would most teams.

Roll Tide!

most teams weren't in the playoffs.
RTS Wrote:LOL, it was last season.... Looks like they hung pretty well.

This ain't last season. Georgia would smoke them.
pjdoug Wrote:most teams weren't in the playoffs.

Right, they aren't as good as ND. That's why the Irish were in the playoffs.

[Image: a1a4933ef4b1180a02190aeabc29ec3b.jpg]
pjdoug Wrote:This ain't last season. Georgia would smoke them.

Heard the same thing last year, didn't happen. Saying it because you want it to be doesn't make it reality. They didn't play each other, so you have no clue.
Pages: 1 2