Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tubby Fills Out His New Assistant Positions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Timberwolves assistant coach Vince Taylor will be the third and final assistant coach for new University of Minnesota basketball coach Tubby Smith. Taylor, who was with the Timberwolves the last two seasons as an assistant in charge of player development, was an assistant and top recruiter at Louisville for seven seasons under Denny Crum and then Rick Pitino. He joins Saul Smith and Ron Jirsa as the top assistants.

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_5918022
I still don't like Saul Smith.
How nice that Saul Smith will be there....Rolleyes
Wow, Saul Smith and Ron Jirsa both assistants at the same place? We should probably go ahead and give Minnesota the title next year already!! Wink
I think Tubby will do great there and wish him the very best!
The Private Wrote:I think Tubby will do great there and wish him the very best!

Yepp, thats well said and I agree with it. Wish him the best of luck.
The Private Wrote:I think Tubby will do great there and wish him the very best!

I agree. Tubby and UK just wasn't a good fit. He'll do wonders at Minnesota.
I just found out about Tubby's first *major* recruit. It is a pg "project" and I think he was recruited by duquesne. Just think he would probably be coming to UK next year!!! I checked on the Minn. boards and I think the two that are there were already signed with the gophers before Tubby got there.
At first, my knee-jerk reaction was that Tubby leaving UK was win-win for both parties, and that he would do well in the Big Ten. But the more I think about it, the more I really doubt that he will turn them around. If he had problems getting top-notch talent to come to a program like UK, how in the world will he convince good players to come to a place like Minnesota?
More Cowbell Wrote:At first, my knee-jerk reaction was that Tubby leaving UK was win-win for both parties, and that he would do well in the Big Ten. But the more I think about it, the more I really doubt that he will turn them around. If he had problems getting top-notch talent to come to a program like UK, how in the world will he convince good players to come to a place like Minnesota?

I do wish Tubby the best but man I just don't think that he has the style, the energy and the youth to keep up with todays college basketball world. Even with his grip-it-out style of play, I still don't think that it will matter if you don't have athletic players (or as Tubby calls them "projects").