Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wisconsin 35 Miami 3 (Pinstripe Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wisconsin All-American running back Jonathan Taylor posted a 205-yard rushing performance and Wisconsin's defense forced five turnovers as the Badgers dismantled the Hurricanes in the New Era Pinestripe Bowl. Wisconsin finishes the season at 8-5. Miami falls to 7-6. How much time will Mark Richt get to right the ship in Miami?
Canes collapsed at end of year.
Way to go Badgers!
I thought Miami would be more competitive.
It's funny. Last year Richt had Miami ranked as high as #2 in the country, and he was the recipient of the Walter Camp Coach of the year award. This year he goes 7-6 and is on the hot seat. So it goes at a national powerhouse. I know Richt played at Miami, but to me, he just doesn't fit the image of the school and the image that that program used to rise to the top of college football. In the 80's and 90's Miami feasted off recruiting the inner cities. I just don't think that type of athlete would want to play for Richt. He is just too nice and too clean cut.
The last TD by Wisconsin with only :08 left was classless.
Westside Wrote:It's funny. Last year Richt had Miami ranked as high as #2 in the country, and he was the recipient of the Walter Camp Coach of the year award. This year he goes 7-6 and is on the hot seat. So it goes at a national powerhouse. I know Richt played at Miami, but to me, he just doesn't fit the image of the school and the image that that program used to rise to the top of college football. In the 80's and 90's Miami feasted off recruiting the inner cities. I just don't think that type of athlete would want to play for Richt. He is just too nice and too clean cut.

Been a CANES fan since the early 80s and miss the cocky dominant Canes teams from the glory days. I like Richt but you may be right Miami needs a cocky brass high energy lots of emotion coach that can recruit South Florida. There’s more then enough talent if you can get most of it to compete and win National Championships. Lane Kiffin would be a perfect fit at the U!!!
Westside Wrote:It's funny. Last year Richt had Miami ranked as high as #2 in the country, and he was the recipient of the Walter Camp Coach of the year award. This year he goes 7-6 and is on the hot seat. So it goes at a national powerhouse. I know Richt played at Miami, but to me, he just doesn't fit the image of the school and the image that that program used to rise to the top of college football. In the 80's and 90's Miami feasted off recruiting the inner cities. I just don't think that type of athlete would want to play for Richt. He is just too nice and too clean cut.
So being too nice is the reason he ain't winning? Smile