Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 71 Villa Madonna 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Smoky Mountain Classic
I read in the Harlan Daily Enterprise that Harlan County will be playing North Laurel in the championship game of the SMC. How can this be? I read where NL lost in the opening round to Tates Creek.
rojas Wrote:I read in the Harlan Daily Enterprise that Harlan County will be playing North Laurel in the championship game of the SMC. How can this be? I read where NL lost in the opening round to Tates Creek.

Unless Harlan County hasn't lost I'd say it's in one of the losers brackets. Seems like they have 5-6 different divisions. You would think they could keep most Kentucky teams away from each other, or at least teams in the same region.
[quote=Jaguarhoundbird]Unless Harlan County hasn't lost I'd say it's in one of the losers brackets. Seems like they have 5-6 different divisions. You would think they could keep most Kentucky teams away from each other, or at least teams in the same region.[/QUOTE

They must have a bunch of divisions. Their website is showing 39 boys teams in the tournament. Seventeen (17) of the boys teams are from Kentucky.
Congrats to Bears