Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 65 Dixie Heights 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Final. South still has work to do. Didn’t come to play and got down by as many as 10 in first q. Next three q was all south. Play Scott Tom at 6
Dixie Heights down this year, but still not a team you totally look over. South gets Scott tomorrow. Could see a very tough Simon Kenton in the championship game if they handle Scott
Jj Ramey with 20 in 2nd half. For total of 31. Matt Cromer 15 at half ended with 22
Congrats to Cards
Congrats Cardinals!
Way to go Cardinals!
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Dixie Heights down this year, but still not a team you totally look over. South gets Scott tomorrow. Could see a very tough Simon Kenton in the championship game if they handle Scott

Dixie isn’t good, they just lost by 50 a week ago and no matter how good Campbell County is that’s not good.
LCbballfan Wrote:Dixie isn’t good, they just lost by 50 a week ago and no matter how good Campbell County is that’s not good.

Never mentioned they were good. I don’t know what happened in the game last night. Another poster (playmaker) said that South came out looking bad and trailed by 10 in the first quarter. As a SL fan I find that to be obviously not a good sign. I’ve watched every SL game except for Scott Co. I’ve said all year they miss the toughness of Logan madden and Clay Weaver. They also miss the length of Anders. JJ and Matt won’t be enough to win a tougher than expected region, someone needs to step up. And that’s not a knock on either young man-both are great players.

They play Scott tonight. Should be winnable, but we will see.
If playmaker is right, JJ and Matt scored 53 of South’s 65. Two kids having to provide 80% more of the production against a pretty bad team isn’t good. Like I said they need others to step up
It's hard to listen to people on here that never get out of their holler to watch basketball in other parts, or comment on games they didn't see or teams they've never watched.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:It's hard to listen to people on here that never get out of their holler to watch basketball in other parts, or comment on games they didn't see or teams they've never watched.

Are you referencing my comments?
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Are you referencing my comments?

No, just anyone that says a team is down or no good and never watched them play. Not good or down in the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 11th could very well be top 3 in the 13th or #1 team in the 15th.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:No, just anyone that says a team is down or no good and never watched them play. Not good or down in the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 11th could very well be top 3 in the 13th or #1 team in the 15th.

3-6 with 5 of those losses being blowouts say they aren’t good.The point was South has a lot of talent and high expectations, you expected this to be more one sided. Dixie wouldn’t be top 5 in the 13th. Find out a lot more tomorrow when they play Simon Kenton.
LCbballfan Wrote:3-6 with 5 of those losses being blowouts say they aren’t good.The point was South has a lot of talent and high expectations, you expected this to be more one sided. Dixie wouldn’t be top 5 in the 13th. Find out a lot more tomorrow when they play Simon Kenton.

And how many games have you watched Dixie play?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:And how many games have you watched Dixie play?

What’s your deal? It’s clear they are not a strong team and no I haven’t seen them but know plenty who have and they all said they are not a good team. Don’t act like you can’t look at there record and scores as well as some of the records and scores of the teams they’ve played and determine they aren’t a strong team.
By the way i don’t even live in the holler, I moved so you can’t say I don’t get out and see games outside of the 13th.
Dixie is just like every team in northern Ky. Will guard their tales off and up here the refs allow it. Not saying that’s bad cause I like the refs letting them play instead of 45 fts a game Kinda fun playing this way but we had to learn really quick
It’s same way when a northern Ky team comes to 13th. They probably gonna get beat cause they not use to not being able to use their hands out front in traps etc. just called diff up here. They let a lot more go