Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thoughts On National Signing Day-2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The current top 5 classrooms are:

1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. Georgia
4. Michigan
5. Oregon

34. Kentucky

An updated list along with complete rankings is at the link below.

http://m.espn.com/ncf/recruiting/classRa...rc=desktop
The last I saw Kentucky had the 12th ranked class in the SEC.
I’ve said for years Kentucky is in the worst place on the planet for recruiting HS football players. Big 10 north, Big 12 west, ACC east and SEC south. Plus we probably don’t have 5 players a year in state that can play SEC football. I personally think Coach Stoops does an amazing job.
Not many scholarships left for UK to move up this spring
footballfever Wrote:I’ve said for years Kentucky is in the worst place on the planet for recruiting HS football players. Big 10 north, Big 12 west, ACC east and SEC south. Plus we probably don’t have 5 players a year in state that can play SEC football. I personally think Coach Stoops does an amazing job.

I admit that Kentucky's location might not be great, but the state produced 5 top 300 recruits according to ESPN's rankings. They lost one to Standord, one to Virginia Tech, one to Bama, one to Notre Dame, and one to Purdue. On top of that they lost Rondale Robinson to Nebraska. I'm not sure how many of these recruits Kentucky targeted, but that isn't a good in state percentage.
They went and got what they actually needed right now, defense is going to take a hit with graduation, but couple of JUCO’s and incoming talent should fill the void. 7 LB’s i think they signed was huge. Offense should be pretty good next year. I hope anyway
Having a lot of these guys sign earli LOI is a real Positive for stoops . I suspect Jaren a Williams from MIAMI is going to be a nice pickup if he commits to the cats .
Westside Wrote:I admit that Kentucky's location might not be great, but the state produced 5 top 300 recruits according to ESPN's rankings. They lost one to Standord, one to Virginia Tech, one to Bama, one to Notre Dame, and one to Purdue. On top of that they lost Rondale Robinson to Nebraska. I'm not sure how many of these recruits Kentucky targeted, but that isn't a good in state percentage.

JJ Weaver is just outside of 300 ranking on some sites. Huge 4 Star get for the cats . Yea it would be nice for all in state guys to want to play for Kentucky . Recruiting is about connections and unfortunately those connections stem way outside the commonwealth.

It’s not like Barker or Elam worked out though. 5 Star doesn’t guarantee success .
Wildcatk23 Wrote:JJ Weaver is just outside of 300 ranking on some sites. Huge 4 Star get for the cats . Yea it would be nice for all in state guys to want to play for Kentucky . Recruiting is about connections and unfortunately those connections stem way outside the commonwealth.

It’s not like Barker or Elam worked out though. 5 Star doesn’t guarantee success .

No, 5 star recruits don't guarantee success but they help. There is a reason the Alabama's, Georgia's, etc target them. It's easier to win with better players. 5 star players are generally the best players.
The UK staff has not done well in state and that's sad. The kids in KY are just not falling for their BS.

The staff has done well in OH because of the lure to play in the SEC. I'm sure that will continue. I also feel that they will continue to struggle in state in the coming years.
Westside Wrote:No, 5 star recruits don't guarantee success but they help. There is a reason the Alabama's, Georgia's, etc target them. It's easier to win with better players. 5 star players are generally the best players.

Alabama signed 22 players today. three are five-star, 18 are four-star players

Four stars and development lol .
FoSho Wrote:The UK staff has not done well in state and that's sad. The kids in KY are just not falling for their BS.

The staff has done well in OH because of the lure to play in the SEC. I'm sure that will continue. I also feel that they will continue to struggle in state in the coming years.

Ohio also is a breeding ground for top tier recruits. Plenty to go around . Most kids like to play against top talent on ESPN every week, some tuck there tale between their legs and run to the Big 10 so they can put up stats against invisible defenses .
Westside Wrote:No, 5 star recruits don't guarantee success but they help. There is a reason the Alabama's, Georgia's, etc target them. It's easier to win with better players. 5 star players are generally the best players.

I don’t disagree . It’s just we are not Alabama or Georgia. A couple years of decent success don’t bring in the cream of the crop.
Westside Wrote:I admit that Kentucky's location might not be great, but the state produced 5 top 300 recruits according to ESPN's rankings. They lost one to Standord, one to Virginia Tech, one to Bama, one to Notre Dame, and one to Purdue. On top of that they lost Rondale Robinson to Nebraska. I'm not sure how many of these recruits Kentucky targeted, but that isn't a good in state percentage.

4 out of the top 12 isn’t terrible . Especially when Alabama and Notre Dame steal a couple .
FoSho Wrote:The UK staff has not done well in state and that's sad. The kids in KY are just not falling for their BS.

That is because the staff does not recognize a good football player in the state of Kentucky when they see them. Has been that way for many years. They need to be in on kids in the state when they are frosh or sophomores and not always get sold on the "hype" which they seem to do a lot.

English Bob: Well, actually, what I heard was that you fell off your horse, drunk of course, and that you broke your bloody neck.

Little Bill : I heard that one myself, Bob. Hell, I even thought I was dead 'til I found out it was just that I was in Nebraska.
Miami Redhawks had a good signing class alot of Ky kids.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ohio also is a breeding ground for top tier recruits. Plenty to go around . Most kids like to play against top talent on ESPN every week, some tuck there tale between their legs and run to the Big 10 so they can put up stats against invisible defenses .

Says the person that knows little to nothing about the subject.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:4 out of the top 12 isn’t terrible . Especially when Alabama and Notre Dame steal a couple .

It's horrible and it will not improve.
mantax Wrote:That is because the staff does not recognize a good football player in the state of Kentucky when they see them. Has been that way for many years. They need to be in on kids in the state when they are frosh or sophomores and not always get sold on the "hype" which they seem to do a lot.

Yep.

They think they can swoop in and get them at the last second and that's just not the case.
FoSho Wrote:Says the person that knows little to nothing about the subject.

I hear MR Muscles was promised a nice "Physical Trainer" job to follow Said Recruit.
FoSho Wrote:It's horrible and it will not improve.

It has improved and will continue to improve. This 2019 Draft class is about to have 1 guy go top 5 and then 3-4 more players drafted.

2018 instate recruits top 10-0
2019 instate recruits top 10-4

This season will pay huge in the future.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Alabama signed 22 players today. three are five-star, 18 are four-star players

Four stars and development lol .

Yes they do and if you will look at my original comment it was about the ESPN top 300 players which include 4 star players. LOL!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I hear MR Muscles was promised a nice "Physical Trainer" job to follow Said Recruit.

I'll be sure and ask him.
Westside Wrote:Yes they do and if you will look at my original comment it was about the ESPN top 300 players which include 4 star players. LOL!!

The reply you are referencing was in response to your 5 star comment . I’m
Not real for sure what your laughing about . Either way it was a joke. There is enough 5 stars on that team to probably double 4 star recruits. .
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The reply you are referencing was in response to your 5 star comment . I’m
Not real for sure what your laughing about . Either way it was a joke. There is enough 5 stars on that team to probably double 4 star recruits. .

Ok, I gotta. I wasn't for sure which post you were referring too. As far as Bama goes I'd love to see another school over taking them in recruiting. It is impressive seeing the top 3 schools all come from the SEC.