Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Young Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Best young talent out there. 2 categories

1. Young assistant that needs to be a DC or OC?

2. Young DC or OC that deserves a shot at HC?

Instead of trashing coaches let’s brag for a while.
Vaughn Hatcher at Williamsburg. Should be Herron's heir apparent.
E's Army Wrote:Vaughn Hatcher at Williamsburg. Should be Herron's heir apparent.

Why is that name so familiar? Was his father a coach or referee?
Referee. Great guy.
E's Army Wrote:Referee. Great guy.
How young is he?
I think Griz at Greenup County is doing an excellent job. He has surrounded himself with some really good, young coaches as well. Give them time.
I think you have to put Eli Florer at Bracken County on that list of young up and comers. He started helping Coach Sizemore right when they were starting to win and he has been an integral part of Coach Brausch’s staff over the last couple of seasons that has continued Bracken’s success. I’ve heard he has accepted a teaching job at another district in NKY, it would be bad to let this guy slip away as he coaches multiple sports and does a great job!
Eddie Creech head coach at Harlan county. He already has a region title and 2 district championships and he is still young.
GTownDevil Wrote:I think you have to put Eli Florer at Bracken County on that list of young up and comers. He started helping Coach Sizemore right when they were starting to win and he has been an integral part of Coach Brausch’s staff over the last couple of seasons that has continued Bracken’s success. I’ve heard he has accepted a teaching job at another district in NKY, it would be bad to let this guy slip away as he coaches multiple sports and does a great job!

Districts should do all they can to keep those types of guys.
Explorer Wrote:Districts should do all they can to keep those types of guys.

I don't think that district cares who they keep...
I do think there are a lot of staffs with coaches who could be or already have been head coaches. Most I’ve seen. With some exceptions of course. There are some staffs with assistants who should be doing something else.
Here is a name to remember, with the right opportunity Logan Baker can do big things. Young assistant at Whitley the last few years.
GTownDevil Wrote:I think you have to put Eli Florer at Bracken County on that list of young up and comers. He started helping Coach Sizemore right when they were starting to win and he has been an integral part of Coach Brausch’s staff over the last couple of seasons that has continued Bracken’s success. I’ve heard he has accepted a teaching job at another district in NKY, it would be bad to let this guy slip away as he coaches multiple sports and does a great job!

I pray to Jarvis Parsley this is untrue! Eli was a 3 sport star, and a sure lock for our beautiful new HOF. And then he coached under Mike Sizemore, Dave Brausch ANd Scooter Charles. The experience he has is unmatched for a kid his age. I sure hope he’s sticking in Polar Bear Country, i don’t understand why anyone would leave!!?
Jordan Marcum.

Bell County graduate ('04).
Coached at one of the Jessamine's now at Madison Central.
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:I pray to Jarvis Parsley this is untrue! Eli was a 3 sport star, and a sure lock for our beautiful new HOF. And then he coached under Mike Sizemore, Dave Brausch ANd Scooter Charles. The experience he has is unmatched for a kid his age. I sure hope he’s sticking in Polar Bear Country, i don’t understand why anyone would leave!!?

If Eli Florer isn't in the next Hall of Fame class than they shouldn't even have a Hall of Fame.
Bandit29 Wrote:If Eli Florer isn't in the next Hall of Fame class than they shouldn't even have a Hall of Fame.

Hard to argue him not being in there sooner rather than later! There probably is not a better true multi sport athlete to come through here. From Football to Basketball to Baseball there is none better and he is going to make somebody an excellent coach. If there’s not a plan in place for him to be the next football coach we are missing the boat big time and I am not sure if our program will recover. We’ve been lucky to have a couple good coaches come through but they were all looking to build and move on, I think Coach Florer could be the long time hire if we get a plan together.
GTownDevil Wrote:Hard to argue him not being in there sooner rather than later! There probably is not a better true multi sport athlete to come through here. From Football to Basketball to Baseball there is none better and he is going to make somebody an excellent coach. If there’s not a plan in place for him to be the next football coach we are missing the boat big time and I am not sure if our program will recover. We’ve been lucky to have a couple good coaches come through but they were all looking to build and move on, I think Coach Florer could be the long time hire if we get a plan together.

Without a doubt the best multi sport athlete to ever come through that place.
Interesting nobody mentioned mike salmons at Raceland , I seen someone say Scott Grizzle and I think mike has 2 years of head coaching experience on Scott , Raceland has dominated that series , Scott has never beat Raceland . Raceland is back to back region champions with one state runner ups in the last couple of years . I’m not saying mike should be on the list I’m just curious that nobody considers him a good young coach
Footballcrazyman Wrote:Eddie Creech head coach at Harlan county. He already has a region title and 2 district championships and he is still young.
He's a good one.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Here is a name to remember, with the right opportunity Logan Baker can do big things. Young assistant at Whitley the last few years.

Another good one. probably my cousin.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Interesting nobody mentioned mike salmons at Raceland , I seen someone say Scott Grizzle and I think mike has 2 years of head coaching experience on Scott , Raceland has dominated that series , Scott has never beat Raceland . Raceland is back to back region champions with one state runner ups in the last couple of years . I’m not saying mike should be on the list I’m just curious that nobody considers him a good young coach

I don't know his age Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I don't know his age Smile
Either 36 or 37. Just finished his fifth year as the head coach at Raceland and has 49 wins.
Best young talent out there. 2 categories

1. Young assistant that needs to be a DC or OC?

2. Young DC or OC that deserves a shot at HC?

Instead of trashing coaches let’s brag for a while.
Slic Ric Wrote:Either 36 or 37. Just finished his fifth year as the head coach at Raceland and has 49 wins.

He's doing a great job. I didn't realize he was that young.
Mike Salmons and Scott Grizzle come to mind. They have several common threads. Mike played for and coached under Randy Vanderhoof, as did Scott. Scott also played for and Coached under Mike before taking the HC job at Greenup. When comparing wins and losses, Raceland has dominated the series and Mike really seems to have Scott's number. THAT BEING SAID, Mike inherited a program, that he had been apart of for a good while as a coach and played within that program his entire football life until going on the be a stand out DL at Thomas Moore, that same program was on an upswing, but he continued to build on that momentum, taking them to their first semi final victory and state finals appearance. Grizzle, on the other hand, came in to take over a program that was really struggling, one that had no true identity and was quickly losing interest and had little to no enthusiasm around the program. Top it off it was the county rival. Scott breathed new life into GC football and while they havent managed to take that "next step" they continue to grow. Really love seeing these two succeed. Two different paths, but both very successful with their respected programs.
Not sure of ages
Chad Tackett Ashland DC

Nathan Mcpeek Frederick Douglass OC

David Jones Phelps now maybe Bourbon

All 3 of these men do outstanding jobs that I’ve noticed and read about
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Mike Salmons and Scott Grizzle come to mind. They have several common threads. Mike played for and coached under Randy Vanderhoof, as did Scott. Scott also played for and Coached under Mike before taking the HC job at Greenup. When comparing wins and losses, Raceland has dominated the series and Mike really seems to have Scott's number. THAT BEING SAID, Mike inherited a program, that he had been apart of for a good while as a coach and played within that program his entire football life until going on the be a stand out DL at Thomas Moore, that same program was on an upswing, but he continued to build on that momentum, taking them to their first semi final victory and state finals appearance. Grizzle, on the other hand, came in to take over a program that was really struggling, one that had no true identity and was quickly losing interest and had little to no enthusiasm around the program. Top it off it was the county rival. Scott breathed new life into GC football and while they havent managed to take that "next step" they continue to grow. Really love seeing these two succeed. Two different paths, but both very successful with their respected programs.

Grizzle is 29 and in his 3rd year as a HC. Greenup won 12 games in the previous 5 seasons before he came to Lloyd. He didn't exactly walk into a well established program like Salmons did. Greenup has now won 20 games in 3 years with 3 winning seasons while being in a district with Johnson Central and Ashland.

Greenup may have the youngest coaching staff in the state with Daniel Armstrong, Travis Jones, and Zack Parsons all in the 20s but very good coaches that will move up the ranks.
I think you have to throw HC Ethan Atchley from LCA into the mix. He is 27 or 28. Took over the program in 2014 after LCA went 1-10 in 2013. His record is 46-18 and he has taken LCA to the Regional finals the last 4 years.
You guys need to reread the categories
Young assistant That needs to be OC or DC
Young OC or DC that needs to be coach
That’s why Salmons and Grizzel doesn’t need to be talked about
William Blair at SW

Steven French at SW

Time for both to be HC
Pages: 1 2