Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 81 Wolfe County 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats to Breathitt County
Any stats on this one ? I am wondering if Fraley played for Breathitt, and wondering if Coach Noble put the clamps on Jaz Johnson, Wolfe's young guard ?
eky.sports.fan Wrote:Any stats on this one ? I am wondering if Fraley played for Breathitt, and wondering if Coach Noble put the clamps on Jaz Johnson, Wolfe's young guard ?

Fraley didn’t play but Jalen Taulbee shut Jax Johnson down. Taulbee also dominated on the offensive end of the court. Breathitt was just way to physical for the wolves.
Coach Noble made this a football game and after the 1st quarter Breathitt scored 75% of their points in the lane or at the FT line. Although they shot awful from the line they probably shot 45-50 Ft’s. Not saying they wasn’t correct fouls, just saying Wolfe couldn’t rebound or defend the post which lead to a lot of fouls. Wolfe has good young kids they just couldn’t compete physically.
Wolfe County played really well in the first quarter. Thompson kid made some shots. Johnson was getting in the lane and passing to wide open people. And Wolfe Led 16-8 at that point. But then they got physically dominated from that point on.
They began throwing it all over the gym and Breathitt just killed them on the boards.

Breathitt kept Johnson and Thompson in check thru the 2nd and 3rd quarter and the lead swelled to 26 or 28 at one point.
But the 2 young kids got it going in the 4th and probably scored 25 points between them in the 4th trying to cut the lead back down.

Wolfe scored 29 in the 4th. Which was almost half of Their point total for the game.

2nd and 3rd quarter turned into a big boy game and the wolves had several young kids not ready for that type of game.
14th region fanman Wrote:Wolfe County played really well in the first quarter. Thompson kid made some shots. Johnson was getting in the lane and passing to wide open people. And Wolfe Led 16-8 at that point. But then they got physically dominated from that point on.
They began throwing it all over the gym and Breathitt just killed them on the boards.

Breathitt kept Johnson and Thompson in check thru the 2nd and 3rd quarter and the lead swelled to 26 or 28 at one point.
But the 2 young kids got it going in the 4th and probably scored 25 points between them in the 4th trying to cut the lead back down.

Wolfe scored 29 in the 4th. Which was almost half of Their point total for the game.

2nd and 3rd quarter turned into a big boy game and the wolves had several young kids not ready for that type of game.

Is the Thompson kid a freshman? He was there best player last night.
stats for wolf

they have two thompsons. one junior and one freshman

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...80706_2571
cadets1988 Wrote:stats for wolf

they have two thompsons. one junior and one freshman

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...80706_2571

What grade is Sawyer Thompson in? Thanks for the stats.
He is a 14 year old freshman.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Coach Noble made this a football game and after the 1st quarter Breathitt scored 75% of their points in the lane or at the FT line. Although they shot awful from the line they probably shot 45-50 Ft’s. Not saying they wasn’t correct fouls, just saying Wolfe couldn’t rebound or defend the post which lead to a lot of fouls. Wolfe has good young kids they just couldn’t compete physically.

Game must have been played at Breathitt because they done the same thing to Letcher earlier this season. But the fouls weren’t justified and the 3 refs that called our game aren’t allowed to officiate any more LCC games because of the calls after they were reviewed. So who really knows how close this game would have been played somewhere other than Breathitt.
Johnson and Thompson are a very strong young backcourt duo for the wolves. Wolves have a bright future with this young team going forward. I look forward to following them in the future
why yes you are correct in your assumption. It was played at Breathitt
This game had quality officials on it both teams shot a ton of FT’s. Breathitt just has more experience and size on their bench and that was a big difference in the game. Wolfe will learn from this game and improve their post defense as the year goes forward.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Game must have been played at Breathitt because they done the same thing to Letcher earlier this season. But the fouls weren’t justified and the 3 refs that called our game aren’t allowed to officiate any more LCC games because of the calls after they were reviewed. So who really knows how close this game would have been played somewhere other than Breathitt.

Have no idea about your game. But this was a very good called game. Their was a ton of fouls called because their was a ton of fouls committed. Had nothing to do with it being played at Breathitt. The bigger stronger team won this game. Had nothing to do with the officials or where it was played.

Sounds to me like your team Letcher Central is one of those teams that is always getting cheated on the court or disrespected here on rivals.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Game must have been played at Breathitt because they done the same thing to Letcher earlier this season. But the fouls weren’t justified and the 3 refs that called our game aren’t allowed to officiate any more LCC games because of the calls after they were reviewed. So who really knows how close this game would have been played somewhere other than Breathitt.

Hater
14th region fanman Wrote:Have no idea about your game. But this was a very good called game. Their was a ton of fouls called because their was a ton of fouls committed. Had nothing to do with it being played at Breathitt. The bigger stronger team won this game. Had nothing to do with the officials or where it was played.

Sounds to me like your team Letcher Central is one of those teams that is always getting cheated on the court or disrespected here on rivals.

No if my team loses and there is no discrepancies or controversies then they just lose. We lost Saturday not because of officiating but because the shots just weren’t falling and Magoffin was on fire from three point land. Coming into the season Letcher was being disrespected but not anymore because they have proven to this point that they can play with any 14th Region team when they are on. So no that game was legitimately called for the home team and the fact that certain officials cannot call our games anymore should shed some light to others on here that something was obviously wrong.
Night Train Wrote:Hater

Not a hater at all. Nothing even against the Breathitt County players. They can’t help that the calls were made and continued to play as they should have. But without being played in Breathitt can you really say that they win that game? They have a strong team and lots of talent, but the kids should have determined the game and not the officials. Trust me I am not the only person that feels this way but it is more toward the officiating than the team. If they are the team that represents the 14th then I will back them at state as I would any other mountain team.
In the letcher game breathitt shot 33 free throws and letcher shot 26. Don’t seem like a too terribly called game to me. He is just one of those fans who wants to blame it on everything but the fact that breathitt outplayed them very bad in the second half and overtime.
Winner0511 Wrote:In the letcher game breathitt shot 33 free throws and letcher shot 26. Don’t seem like a too terribly called game to me. He is just one of those fans who wants to blame it on everything but the fact that breathitt outplayed them very bad in the second half and overtime.

I can do that because they did not outplay Letcher at all! Go back and watch the game. Letcher held double digit leads in both halves....don’t sound like they got outplayed to me. The no call fouls were the outcome and if anyone on this site would actually watch the game or were at the game you would understand exactly what I am saying.
Guys keep it on topic. Only warning.
Strikeout King Wrote:Guys keep it on topic. Only warning.

Gotcha. But really feel that certain members are trying to provoke a response. Regardless I am finished arguing about this game but I stand by my opinion and respect everyone else’s even if I clearly don’t agree with it.
Bstidham47 Wrote:Gotcha. But really feel that certain members are trying to provoke a response. Regardless I am finished arguing about this game but I stand by my opinion and respect everyone else’s even if I clearly don’t agree with it.

Buttpaste needed!!!
catsrule Wrote:Buttpaste needed!!!

You Bobcat fans must have endless supplies of buttpaste because you keep offering it to everyone that doesn’t worship your precious team.
Not really. We just realize you are in desperate need of some. Lol

I was bored and actually went back to look at some of your previous posts, you complain about the officials A LOT!! So you must stay butthurt.

I though maybe you just had a beef with Breathitt or Coach Noble but evidently you just like to blame losses on referees.
With that many complaints it kinda takes away your credibility. Like the little boy that cried foul. (wolf).
[quote=catsrule]Not really. We just realize you are in desperate need of some. Lol

I was bored and actually went back to look at some of your previous posts, you complain about the officials A LOT!! So you must stay butthurt.

I though maybe you just had a beef with Breathitt or Coach Noble but evidently you just like to blame losses on referees.
With that many complaints it kinda takes away your credibility. Like the little boy that cried foul. (wolf).[/QUOTE

Grow up with all the butthurt and buttpaste talk. As far as credibility goes I don’t need to justify my credibility to you but I would bet that I have forgot more about basketball 🏀 than you have ever known. I don’t have any beef with Coach Noble- never met him or any beef with his program. Go troll someone else’s post.