Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 65 North Laurel 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
North deserved to win this game. One thing I really think will help south in the long run are teams are trying to take jj and cromer away as much as possible. More they see it esp this early in season more it will help south later. Neither team really ran anything. I not sure on north but I know souths offensive sets. Never ran a one. I don’t think north did either
Congrats to Cards
ky playmaker Wrote:North deserved to win this game. One thing I really think will help south in the long run are teams are trying to take jj and cromer away as much as possible. More they see it esp this early in season more it will help south later. Neither team really ran anything. I not sure on north but I know souths offensive sets. Never ran a one. I don’t think north did either

I won’t say they deserved to win. North was in foul trouble all game and their kids were gassed by the end of the game. A team deserving to win wouldn’t have let South’s best shooter inside the zone shooting uncontested 15 footers.

I did think they were in huge trouble when Shepherd was getting to the rim nearly uncontested
best shooter. Lol. He is a good shooter. Stats don’t say best but I think he needs to think Matt and jj for all those open looks. I know I would.
I will say glad he showed up to play tonight. We had a few that didn’t
I was surprised that Brad decided to leave Norvell wide open for those little 8-10 foot shots in the middle of the paint, but thats why this South team can be dangerous offensively. Defenses have to pay so much attention to JJ and Cromer that Norvell can reap the rewards. And the Kid can shoot the ball for sure. He was also an impressive 11-11 from the foul line tonight.
Leonards_loser Wrote:I was surprised that Brad decided to leave Norvell wide open for those little 8-10 foot shots in the middle of the paint, but thats why this South team can be dangerous offensively. Defenses have to pay so much attention to JJ and Cromer that Norvell can reap the rewards. And the Kid can shoot the ball for sure. He was also an impressive 11-11 from the foul line tonight.
odd thing is he had only shot 3 fts the entire year till tonite. He is a huge key along with Anders and dalton getting better as year goes
Sheppard (North) is super tough for an 8th grader. Everyone think he’s sticking around for the long haul?
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Sheppard (North) is super tough for an 8th grader. Everyone think he’s sticking around for the long haul?
I think he will gone after this year. Been many rumors for couple years. They got their house up for sale too. He gonna b a nice player
South needs to run with the ball more, when you walked the ball upcourt waiting on a call from the sideline. it’s not working or not yet. Games will always be close than it should. I’m hoping to see south run in 2019 :Cheerlead North looked good tonight
south will never run
ky playmaker Wrote:south will never run

Just saying they ran the ball against Cordia. 102
64SUR Wrote:Just saying they ran the ball against Cordia. 102
That’s cause cordia is not very good
I ain’t the coach and I trust Davis. He ain’t ran a single set that we have put in yet. Idk if just waiting. Not asked him. But not ran a single play yet
Congrats South on big crosstown rivalry game.
If you run the Coach can't micromanage.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Sheppard (North) is super tough for an 8th grader. Everyone think he’s sticking around for the long haul?

Would you want to stick around if you had his talent?
blueandgreen Wrote:Would you want to stick around if you had his talent?

That is why I asked. There are some talented kids around his age coming up in the NL system that would be good supporting cast members but I think he is on another level than anybody in his class. There are some good young players in the mountains but he, along with Porter from Elliott, are a step above the rest of that 2023 class, IMO.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:That is why I asked. There are some talented kids around his age coming up in the NL system that would be good supporting cast members but I think he is on another level than anybody in his class. There are some good young players in the mountains but he, along with Porter from Elliott, are a step above the rest of that 2023 class, IMO.

While I agree with what your saying, I however was referring to the dumpster fire that is NL athletics, there is always a ton of talent coming up in the system but things just never pan out mostly because of those in charge.