Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Mr. Baseballs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got curious and thought I would see how Kentucky Mr. Baseballs are doing now that they are out of high school. Here is the latest for the last 6 award winners:

2006 - Nathan Adcock - North Hardin: Selected 141st overall by the Seattle Mariners in the 2006 MLB First-Year Player Draft. He is 0-3 this season with the Class A Wisconsin Timber Rattlers with a 3.52 ERA and 30 strikeouts.

2005 - Chaz Roe - Lexington Lafayette: Selected 32nd overall by the Colorado Rockies in the 2005 MLB First-Year Player Draft. He is 0-4 this season with the Class A Modesto Nuts with a 4.25 ERA and 24 strikeouts.

2004 - Collin Cowgill - Henry Clay: Hit .298 with 16 HR and 61 RBI last season as a sophomore at the University of Kentucky. He was named a 2007 Pre-season All-American and named to the Brooks Wallace Award watch list, which is given annually to the nation's top college baseball player. He is currently recovering from surgery he had on his hand back in March.

2003 - Josh Ellis - Paul Laurence Dunbar: Is 5-2 with a 2.03 ERA and 57 strikeouts this season as a senior at Wake Forest University.

2002 - Brad Corley - Pleasure Ridge Park: Selected 59th overall by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 2005 Amateur Entry Draft after playing college ball for Mississippi State University. He is hitting .183 with 1 HR and 15 HR this season as an outfielder for the Class A Lynchburg Hillcats, in the Pittsburgh Pirates' organization.

2001 - Jeremy Sowers - Louisville Ballard: Selected 6th overall by the Cleveland Indians in the 2004 Amateur Entry Draft after playing college ball at Vanderbilt University. He is 0-3 with a 6.56 ERA and 10 strikeouts this season with the Cleveland Indians.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:2001 - Jeremy Sowers - Louisville Ballard: Selected 6th overall by the Cleveland Indians in the 2004 Amateur Entry Draft after playing college ball at Vanderbilt University. He is 0-3 with a 6.56 ERA and 10 strikeouts this season with the Cleveland Indians.

We (Paintsville) played them my Sophomore year at the Boyd County Invitational and Sowers pitched. We beat them in the semi's then Boyd beat us in the finals. Crazy seein someone you played and batted against pitchin in the majors.
Redneck Wrote:We (Paintsville) played them my Sophomore year at the Boyd County Invitational and Sowers pitched. We beat them in the semi's then Boyd beat us in the finals. Crazy seein someone you played and batted against pitchin in the majors.
I remember my freshman year at AC, we faced Steve Blevins when we played Lawrence County in the Semi-State round. He was a sophomore and was clocked at 88 mph. He didn't win Mr. Baseball, but he seems to be having success at the University of Cincinnati, which is a D-1 school. It's kind of surreal isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if one day he was pitching in the majors.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I remember my freshman year at AC, we faced Steve Blevins when we played Lawrence County in the Semi-State round. He was a sophomore and was clocked at 88 mph. He didn't win Mr. Baseball, but he seems to be having success at the University of Cincinnati, which is a D-1 school. It's kind of surreal isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if one day he was pitching in the majors.
I agree Blevins was a beast and threw hard. I watched in against AC in 03 and he dominated, but then I watched him pitch against Apollo in the final 8 and he didnt look so dominating, but he damn sure is making up for it now. I cant see this kid pitching in the majors as well.