Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wolfe County Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Wolfe County Board of Education has voted to implement the Sport of Football at the Junior Varsity Level at Wolfe County High School beginning with the 2019 KHSAA Season. The Board has allotted $5500.00 to get the program going. $3000 stipend for the head coach and $2500 can be used for assistants or equipment.

Good to see another school start football!!!
Real Badman Wrote:The Wolfe County Board of Education has voted to implement the Sport of Football at the Junior Varsity Level at Wolfe County High School beginning with the 2019 KHSAA Season. The Board has allotted $5500.00 to get the program going. $3000 stipend for the head coach and $2500 can be used for assistants or equipment.

Good to see another school start football!!!

That's great. I hadn't even thought about them not having football.
That is great and not to rain on the parade, but that isn't much pay for what will essentially be a varsity head coach's position.
Same as Pike County
Not a lot of money for equipment?!?!
FoSho Wrote:Not a lot of money for equipment?!?!

That was kind of my thinking. I mean, like, $2,200 isn't going to buy a lot of stuff. And it isn't going to be anywhere near enough money to start from scratch.
How big of a school is Wolfe?
Also, I just looked up their mascot. I like that they're the Wolfe Wolves.
Probably will be 1A in District with Betsy Layne/Paintsville/Wolfe/Etc...
Westside Wrote:That is great and not to rain on the parade, but that isn't much pay for what will essentially be a varsity head coach's position.
sure doesn't sound like a lot.
barrel Wrote:How big of a school is Wolfe?

They will probably be a small 1A?
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Also, I just looked up their mascot. I like that they're the Wolfe Wolves.

Go Wolves ! :Cheerlead . I might have to go to Campton.
Wolfe has 364 students - that's close to AA.
pjdoug Wrote:Go Wolves ! :Cheerlead . I might have to go to Campton.

There is Miguel's Pizza, so that's worth the trip on it's own.
Don't helmets costs $200 per helmet? Helmets will eat up the budget. Doesn't sound like much of a commitment.
There has to be more funding. It might come from an outside source but there has to be more.

Helmets, shoulder pads, girdles, game pants, game jerseys, footballs, and any other practice equipment they might need. That’s going to get eaten up fast.

The 3k for the coaching spot I don’t feel is dreadful. You’ll only practice around 3 days a week. You don’t have the same pressure. Now only really having one coaching stipend is pretty ridiculous.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:There is Miguel's Pizza, so that's worth the trip on it's own.

Yeah, I've been wanting to go there and haven't made it up there yet.
You can't half heartedly start a football program. If they don't invest more money they won't last long.
HCS Wrote:Wolfe has 364 students - that's close to AA.
It goes on male enrollment, not total enrollment.
Do they have a field?
With limited resources, it will be an uphill battle for Wolfe County to build a solid football program. If I'm not mistaken, Jackson County was the last county school in eastern Kentucky to implement a football program and they have struggled to put a winning product on the field. I wish Wolfe County nothing but the best, but if you are going to invest in a program, the community and the school system need to be all in.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:It goes on male enrollment, not total enrollment.

Don't they just divide total enrollment in half?
FoSho Wrote:Don't they just divide total enrollment in half?
It’s based on Male enrollment. That typically works out to anywhere between a little less to a little more than half.
$5500 to start a football program? No way!!
Better find about 100,000 somewhere. Cost ranges about 1500 to 2000 per player.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:There is Miguel's Pizza, so that's worth the trip on it's own.
Absolutely worth the drive to Compton! Great pizza!
walterwhite Wrote:Absolutely worth the drive to Compton! Great pizza!

Campton, not Compton. Great pizza but not good enough to go to California for!
barrel Wrote:It’s based on Male enrollment. That typically works out to anywhere between a little less to a little more than half.

I don't think they actually count boys. I thought they took half of the total enrollment, line them up smallest to biggest and divide as even as possible?!?!
Might be a good place for a young coach to get his start. Don’t have to worry about breaking any bad habits, or any good ole boy club to deal with.
walterwhite Wrote:Campton, not Compton. Great pizza but not good enough to go to California for!

I probably won't be in the fruit and nut state anytime soon. lol
Pages: 1 2 3