Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 80 Whitley County 75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Nice win for north. I will say I picked Whitley to win this one. I see Hollingsworth just had 7 pts. He way to talented to disappear sometimes like he does. Congrats to north. Good win
Good win for North.
Congrats North! Young and Sheppard with very nice games. D. Lawson with the huge game for Whitley County last night. Both of these teams will get better. Can North improve and mature enough to make a run for Rupp? Definitely have nice young talent.
ky playmaker Wrote:Nice win for north. I will say I picked Whitley to win this one. I see Hollingsworth just had 7 pts. He way to talented to disappear sometimes like he does. Congrats to north. Good win

Running the point now and getting other kids involved. Has had probably more assists than points since the South game. Agree he can't disappear, regardless of your position when you have the talent to take over a game and get the win for your team it's time to do it. Radio guys giving him down the road last night, said he got to the rim 5-6 times and passed it off to other kids when he should have laid it in or dunked it. Impressed with the Lawson boys and the Bowling kid so far this season. Really impressed with Sheppard, North better hopes he doesn't move to Lexington in the future.
North had the all-time leading scoring in Laurel County and never won nothing. He better move.
Pussell Gut Wrote:North had the all-time leading scoring in Laurel County and never won nothing. He better move.

The rumor mill has had Shepherd transferring to LCA for the past two years now
But you can’t play in Lexington or Louisville high schools until you are actually in 9th grade I’m pretty sure. Sheppard’s an 8th-grader, so if he moves I would assume it would be next year.
Pussell Gut Wrote:North had the all-time leading scoring in Laurel County and never won nothing. He better move.
Brad killed his chances those years by continuing to play his big man when it was obvious he couldn’t get it done. That’s all I’ll say about that.
Van Hagar Wrote:But you can’t play in Lexington or Louisville high schools until you are actually in 9th grade I’m pretty sure. Sheppard’s an 8th-grader, so if he moves I would assume it would be next year.

Actually you can. Kyle Rhode played at LCA as a 8th grader. It's hard to go back of think of many that have though, because in Louisville or Lexington you usually have no need to play a 7th or 8th grader.
Yeah after I posted that I realized you probably can at the private schools (LCA, Lex Cath, etc.) But I’m pretty sure the public schools don’t allow it.
Van Hagar Wrote:Yeah after I posted that I realized you probably can at the private schools (LCA, Lex Cath, etc.) But I’m pretty sure the public schools don’t allow it.

Yeah, I have no clue to be honest.