Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville new coach making enemies in KY high schools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Franklin-Simpson head coach tweets to new Head Coach at Louisville don’t bother coming to our school recruiting again. Apparently Louisville pulled a kids scholarship offer just days before signing day after this kid had turned down offers to Stanford and others. Franklin coach said he will tell his players Louisville isn’t to be trusted and has banned Louisville from recruiting his school.

Thoughts?
Proof? I've seen his twitter account and their's nothing about this on there. Not saying your lying just asking what source you got it from?

EDIT:

Just seen the tweets. Wow is all I can say. Really shitty way for a college to do a kid.
The kids twitter account and others have been done the same way. Skim through Twitter you’ll find it
Just seen your edit haha
Not a good way for a coach to build his instate recruiting resume
Demarcus ware Wrote:Franklin-Simpson head coach tweets to new Head Coach at Louisville don’t bother coming to our school recruiting again. Apparently Louisville pulled a kids scholarship offer just days before signing day after this kid had turned down offers to Stanford and others. Franklin coach said he will tell his players Louisville isn’t to be trusted and has banned Louisville from recruiting his school.

Thoughts?

I understand why he's angry and can appreciate his frustration, it is warranted. However, it's not up to him to speak for the kids/families that are being recruited to play football. He is merely a conduit and plays a very small role in the process. He needs to express his feelings but to say UofL is not allowed back in the school to recruit players is out of line IMO.
I hope this young man still has some offers on the table and finds a school that he is happy with and happy to have him, he seems very talented. Louisville football being the absolute dumpster fire it is right now is hilarious to me.
FoSho Wrote:I understand why he's angry and can appreciate his frustration, it is warranted. However, it's not up to him to speak for the kids/families that are being recruited to play football. He is merely a conduit and plays a very small role in the process. He needs to express his feelings but to say UofL is not allowed back in the school to recruit players is out of line IMO.
I’ve seen other coaches do this in the past, and right now there are other coaches saying the same thing about Louisville for this. IMO he plays a role other than just coaching, he is also protecting his players. I have no problem with it. It just shows he cares about his players future and i can respect that. Need more coaches to stand up like this. I’ve seen coaches like this and I’ve seen coaches just walk away when the season is over and not care. As a parent of a kid that will be playing D1 football i can honestly say i would much rather have a coach like this. But that’s just my opinion if it were my kid.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I’ve seen other coaches do this in the past, and right now there are other coaches saying the same thing about Louisville for this. IMO he plays a role other than just coaching, he is also protecting his players. I have no problem with it. It just shows he cares about his players future and i can respect that. Need more coaches to stand up like this. I’ve seen coaches like this and I’ve seen coaches just walk away when the season is over and not care. As a parent of a kid that will be playing D1 football i can honestly say i would much rather have a coach like this. But that’s just my opinion if it were my kid.

I see things differently.

I would be pissed off if a coach stopped a college coach from talking to my son. It's none of the coaches business when it comes to my sons future. It's not up to anyone but me to make a decision that could be worth $100k+ to my family. Not only that, if that coach took it upon himself to keep recruiting info from us FOR ANY REASON I would demand a meeting with the school board and he'd have hell to pay.

I'll protect my kid. I don't need help.
FoSho Wrote:I see things differently.

I would be pissed off if a coach stopped a college coach from talking to my son. It's none of the coaches business when it comes to my sons future. It's not up to anyone but me to make a decision that could be worth $100k+ to my family. Not only that, if that coach took it upon himself to keep recruiting info from us FOR ANY REASON I would demand a meeting with the school board and he'd have hell to pay.

I'll protect my kid. I don't need help.
You’re acting like he has the final say so who talks to your kid. He never said that at all, but what he did say is their coaching staff won’t be in the school and on the field, which so far every school has backed their coaches in doing so. Nobody said you did need help but I’m sure if something happened to your kid and the coach could prevent it and didn’t you’d be screaming why didn’t you protect my kid.
Demarcus ware Wrote:You’re acting like he has the final say so who talks to your kid. He never said that at all, but what he did say is their coaching staff won’t be in the school and on the field, which so far every school has backed their coaches in doing so. Nobody said you did need help but I’m sure if something happened to your kid and the coach could prevent it and didn’t you’d be screaming why didn’t you protect my kid.

Life isn't fair.

My son would be fine if the same thing happened to him. I'm a big believer in things happening for a reason and he'd learn that when one door closes another would open.

Sometimes all a coach can do by NCAA rules is talk to the hs coach. If he's closed the campus to the coach he's overstepping his bounds. Period.

I can guarantee you if this guy coached my son he would be on notice that if UofL was trying to contact my son I better know about it.
FoSho Wrote:Life isn't fair.

My son would be fine if the same thing happened to him. I'm a big believer in things happening for a reason and he'd learn that when one door closes another would open.

Sometimes all a coach can do by NCAA rules is talk to the hs coach. If he's closed the campus to the coach he's overstepping his bounds. Period.

I can guarantee you if this guy coached my son he would be on notice that if UofL was trying to contact my son I better know about it.
I’d want to know if they was also, that way i could run that loser school away from my kid :hilarious:

So earlier it’s none of his business and now if he don’t get involved by telling you there’s hell too pay? Confusednicker: you’re a confusing character FoSho :igiveup:
Demarcus ware Wrote:I’d want to know if they was also, that way i could run that loser school away from my kid :hilarious:

So earlier it’s none of his business and now if he don’t get involved by telling you there’s hell too pay? Confusednicker: you’re a confusing character FoSho :igiveup:

Lol

Indeed.

But I was following our conversation.

If ANY college coach inquires about my kid, I better know about it. In other words, if said coach doesn't like said university and they inquire only to get no response....that will thoroughly piss FoSho off. His ego better not get in the way of a decision that isn't his.

Understand?
Nothing new here and is a common practice from an incoming HC and HIS STAFF, vision and recruiting!

Thinking the high school coaches reaction is knee jerk and way too premature. He's doing more long term damage to future athletes at his program by shutting the doors to a program like UoL.

If he's going to stick to his guns it's my sincere hope he's building better in roads to WKU, EKU, Murrays, and Moreheads out there!

Adapt, overcome, and best wishes to the athlete for a "better fit!"
Demarcus ware Wrote:Franklin-Simpson head coach tweets to new Head Coach at Louisville don’t bother coming to our school recruiting again. Apparently Louisville pulled a kids scholarship offer just days before signing day after this kid had turned down offers to Stanford and others. Franklin coach said he will tell his players Louisville isn’t to be trusted and has banned Louisville from recruiting his school.

Thoughts?
sorry and low down.