Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2019 13th region roundup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who ya got and why?
1.Knox
Corbin
2.Whitley
North
South
Clay
3. Doesn't really matter... Want to put Williamsburg in that second tier, but they'll only be a threat when Camo is on the mound.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:1.Knox
Corbin
2.Whitley
North
South
Clay
3. Doesn't really matter... Want to put Williamsburg in that second tier, but they'll only be a threat when Camo is on the mound.

I agree about the burg, Camo needs some support staff. He always keeps them in a position to win or does win but loses next game. He is a heck of a player.
Whitley County. Go Colonels!
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I agree about the burg, Camo needs some support staff. He always keeps them in a position to win or does win but loses next game. He is a heck of a player.

Couldn't agree more...but he throws a TON...hope for his sake he holds up and is able to be successful at LMU.
Johnny Bender Wrote:Couldn't agree more...but he throws a TON...hope for his sake he holds up and is able to be successful at LMU.

I coached him a few years back in summer ball, I have a story that I will never forget. We were down by a couple runs in the last inning and time limit was about to end it. He went out and threw 2 warmup pitches and calls the umps in. He had a 1-2-3 inning and we went on to win the tournament. His drive is there, his game is there, his heart is there. I also worry about his arm at times but he prepares cause he knows what he has to do and I believe he will be fine. I wish him the best of luck
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:1.Knox
Corbin
2.Whitley
North
South
Clay

You got North to high, some of the better players not playing this year cause of nepotism, there should be plenty of room to bring up a few more middle school players though.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County. Go Colonels!

Whitley will no doubt break some hearts this year, new coach is a home run.
blueandgreen Wrote:Whitley will no doubt break some hearts this year, new coach is a home run.
He's a good one for sure.
blueandgreen Wrote:You got North to high, some of the better players not playing this year cause of nepotism, there should be plenty of room to bring up a few more middle school players though.

Which players aren’t coming back?
1. Corbin
2. Clay County
3. Knox Central
4. Whitley County
5. Middlesboro
6. Jackson County
7. Bell County
8. Barbourville
9. Williamsburg
10. North Laurel
The Ole Man Wrote:1. Corbin
2. Clay County
3. Knox Central
4. Whitley County
5. Middlesboro
6. Jackson County
7. Bell County
8. Barbourville
9. Williamsburg
10. North Laurel

:dontthink
Several post in another thread suggest Smith at Middlesboro may have his feelings hurt with the money and attention the prospective new football is getting. Several post suggest he may leave. Is this rumor or is he looking to move on? Trashtalker and Jacket92 together have several wondering.
Xerxes Wrote:Several post in another thread suggest Smith at Middlesboro may have his feelings hurt with the money and attention the prospective new football is getting. Several post suggest he may leave. Is this rumor or is he looking to move on? Trashtalker and Jacket92 together have several wondering.

I haven’t heard, but he lost most of his power and pitching. This would be a good year to cut and run.
The Ole Man Wrote:1. Corbin
2. Clay County
3. Knox Central
4. Whitley County
5. Middlesboro
6. Jackson County
7. Bell County
8. Barbourville
9. Williamsburg
10. North Laurel

Corbin
Knox
Williamsburg
Whitley
South
B ville
Clay
North
Middlesboro
Jackson

Corbin returns 6 starters, gains power at first, and solid pitching. Knox returns most all starters, and have Payne as there #1.
Whitley and Williamsburg are only as good as there #1, but can beat anyone but Corbin and Knox. I have south up there if Ramey plays early, doubt he will because of basketball so they may be lower. B-ville is my sleeper, I might should have placed clay above south and b-ville. North talking about players not coming out, makes me keep them lower. Middlesboro lost j mike and Tyler kills them. Jackson lost Evan smith and he kept them in games.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Corbin
Knox
Williamsburg
Whitley
South
B ville
Clay
North
Middlesboro
Jackson

Corbin returns 6 starters, gains power at first, and solid pitching. Knox returns most all starters, and have Payne as there #1.
Whitley and Williamsburg are only as good as there #1, but can beat anyone but Corbin and Knox. I have south up there if Ramey plays early, doubt he will because of basketball so they may be lower. B-ville is my sleeper, I might should have placed clay above south and b-ville. North talking about players not coming out, makes me keep them lower. Middlesboro lost j mike and Tyler kills them. Jackson lost Evan smith and he kept them in games.

You might not should say Whitley County can't beat Corbin :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:You might not should say Whitley County can't beat Corbin :biggrin:

I also said they couldn’t beat Knox.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I also said they couldn’t beat Knox.

We'll see Smile
pjdoug Wrote:We'll see Smile

I am just being honest here, we bring back our whole team and so does Knox. Corbin went 4-0 against a Whitley team that was better last year versus this years team, more pitching. Knox (Kyle Adams) showed Whitley he is still their daddy.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I am just being honest here, we bring back our whole team and so does Knox. Corbin went 4-0 against a Whitley team that was better last year versus this years team, more pitching. Knox (Kyle Adams) showed Whitley he is still their daddy.

Whitley County exceeded expectations with the first year coach, and will do so again.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County exceeded expectations with the first year coach, and will do so again.

Your right they exceeded expectations beat a bunch of team that they should have, but lost to the quality teams Knox, Corbin, Rock, southwestern, and somerset. That was with hoss pitchers like Big Ed, Dylan Wilson all they have pitching coming back is Dismuke. They will still win a bunch of games pj, they are kinda in the same situation Williamsburg is and that is they only have one pitcher to get you that hard win.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Your right they exceeded expectations beat a bunch of team that they should have, but lost to the quality teams Knox, Corbin, Rock, southwestern, and somerset. That was with hoss pitchers like Big Ed, Dylan Wilson all they have pitching coming back is Dismuke. They will still win a bunch of games pj, they are kinda in the same situation Williamsburg is and that is they only have one pitcher to get you that hard win.
They are still much improved over past years and will continue to get better.
pjdoug Wrote:They are still much improved over past years and will continue to get better.

I agree but this year they don’t have the fire power to get over the hump. This is a good coach, but not having the right keys to the car will keep him where he was last season. Wins over so so teams, lose to quality teams but they will be on the upswing of things when Corbin and Knox graduate their senior groups.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I agree but this year they don’t have the fire power to get over the hump. This is a good coach, but not having the right keys to the car will keep him where he was last season. Wins over so so teams, lose to quality teams but they will be on the upswing of things when Corbin and Knox graduate their senior groups.

Roll Colonels!
pjdoug Wrote:Roll Colonels!

Next year, if you think other your going to be disappointed.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Next year, if you think other your going to be disappointed.

I don't care much for negative opinions from opposing teams. Go Colonels! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Whitley has several pitchers coming back beside Dismuke. A lot new fresh faces on the mound that I think will surprise you. They have Graham, Harlan, Rains, Watson, Greene, Giles, Stanfill, Wohlfarth, and Petrey. Not to mention the rest of the new guys coming up Downs, McNeally, Davis, and Croley. I think they will do just fine.
Colonel Fan Wrote:Whitley has several pitchers coming back beside Dismuke. A lot new fresh faces on the mound that I think will surprise you. They have Graham, Harlan, Rains, Watson, Greene, Giles, Stanfill, Wohlfarth, and Petrey. Not to mention the rest of the new guys coming up Downs, McNeally, Davis, and Croley. I think they will do just fine.

I said quality pitchers. Good luck. Petry and Croley May be best options.
Whitley will be at the top with corbin & knox. That coach has players motivated & bought in to what he is doing. Its all about developing players in high school. Whitley returns big chunk of their line up. Caleb Rains & Jon Watson will have a big year at the plate. Luke Wohlfarth is by far more underrated at the plate. The Colonels will be fun to watch this year.
1. Corbin- best hitting team
1A. Knox- has the best pitcher in region
2. Whitley Co.- need to get over the hump in regular season.
3. South Laurel
4. Middlesboro
5. North Laure
Pages: 1 2